My "I don't want to be sick stack"

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought I would experiment with some herbs, botanicals, and such to keep me from getting the winter flu or common cold. Seems like my daughter is always bringing something home from the daycare, and it spreads around my house for about a week or two. This always limits my time in the gym from congestion, a runny nose, and all the other unconforting stuff. So here is the list and you can check out info on these substances at
http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/items_index/1,1538,HS,00.html

Hyysop
Pau D' Arco
Echinacea
Goldenseal
Inositol
IP6
Acai Berry Extract
Siberian Ginseng
Royal Jelly
Bee Pollen
White Tea & Green Tea Blend
Astragalus
GOL's Perfect Food Supreme Green
Grape Seed and Red wine extract

The perfect food will help in akalizing the body. The Acai berries are considered one the most powerful antioxidants. White Tea is also considered to be a better antioxidant and immune system booster than Green Tea. I will be going with everything for three weeks on and one week off, for the reason that you body can build and immunity towards these herbs. All in all it is costing me $1.05 a day, so it is very cheap. I was considering adding Medicnal Mushrooms to the mix, but it is very expensive. I am not sick right now so I guess it will be a test of time to see if I can not catch a cold.

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yes, find out for us what works! I thought I was covered taking extra C & E and eating healthy but nope, my throats already starting to feel a little sore & I'm getting a cough. Hope I don't get worse.

Good luck!

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There's a medicine called Airborn that works awsome at the first signs of a cold. It comes in a tube of 10 effervecent tablets and its pretty tasty too. You can get it from almost any drugstore or supermarket and it knock the cold out of you in a couple of days. Zicam is awsome too.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
zinc, lysine, c, Olive Leaf extract, elderberry

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
There is a universal bug-killer called colloidal silver. It is the single most potent bacteria and virus-killing thing EVER. It kills approximately 100% of harmful varieties of foreign organisms while letting approximately 100% of beneficial foreign organisms live.

It is heavily documented and used indirectly for thousands of years with great effect. It is still used today to clean up the eyes of newborns because any other antiseptic is just too harsh. Of course you ask your doctor about it and he will say "hogwash", "snake oil" or give you a blank stare...

Trust me it works. You can get rid of herpes and the hepatitis virii with that. And more. Keep some around and any time you think you're in danger of falling sick (lack of sleep, improper nutrition, overtraining, etc.) you supplement with it and you'll be forever fine.

JMO

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The silver..silverbiotics and nanosilver work pretty well. I've knocked out colds in a 24-48 hours before with it and garlic/Vit C.

I've added to garlic and elderberry extract to my daily line up.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
argyria seemed to be the only side with this product. Some claimed it to be a false warning, while others seemed to really push this issue??

ALso, after looking into it, it appears as though you could go with buying the product pre made, or make it yourself after purchasing one of the machines to make it

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
It's a false warning especially from those who want you to buy pharmaceuticals. My best friend is a natural care practicioner and has used it thousands of times with absolutely resouding success, not one mild case of argyria.

The generators make it cheap to have this stuff, but it's a hassle to make, i.e. you have to be nearby and care for the operation every 45-90 minutes or so... As it takes many hours to make a decent strength suspension of silver colloids, it becomes a part-time job of sorts. That is, unless you have the really expensive, thousand-dollar generator, which allows you to start the process and go out.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
It's a false warning especially from those who want you to buy pharmaceuticals. My best friend is a natural care practicioner and has used it thousands of times with absolutely resouding success, not one mild case of argyria.
does he use the premade kind or buy it himself. If he uses the premade kind, we need to find a cheap source, or place for purchase...

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Nah, she makes it herself. It is a fairly expensive treatment for any long-standing disease. I know a couple girls who got rid of herpes with that. Mononucleosis and candida are 2 other things I have personnally witnessed getting cured with it. Note that these 3 problems are extremely difficult to cure with traditional medicine.

Plus, all the new super-resistant microbes die equally easily with the silver. I wouldn't do without it, what with avian flu and all this **** going around... ;)

Here's more info: http://www.silver-colloids.com/Pubs/pubs.html#freebooklet

Here's a fairly cheap one, note that I am *NOT* endorsing it, have not tried it and have no clue as to its quality: http://www.ehow.com/buy_5478_colloidal-silver.html

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I know a couple girls who got rid of herpes with that. Mononucleosis and candida are 2 other things I have personnally witnessed getting cured with it. Note that these 3 problems are extremely difficult to cure with traditional medicine.
When you say cured, you do mean completely gone? I had mono a few years ago, and know that it supposedly "never completely goes away."

This is interesting...:think: :woohoo:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
When you say cured, you do mean completely gone? I had mono a few years ago, and know that it supposedly "never completely goes away."

This is interesting...:think: :woohoo:
Yes EXACTLY. CURED

To get an idea on how it might be possible to go and destroy virii everywhere in the body, here's something to give a clue as to the size of these particles.

BTW in case someone is wondering how come this isn't known, it's what the mafia called "The p h a r m a c e u t i c a l i n d u s t r y" doesn't want anyone to know. Just imagine what this knowledge can do to them. And to YOU. ;) :D

Here's some documented usages: http://www.biogenesis.co.za/pi-silveruses.asp

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
If you want, I can ask my friend how much she can sell the stuff for, just for you guys. It's usually about half what the stores sell it for, but of course without the fancy labeling and stuff. Just a handwritten sticker on the bottle...

Hey TUT, why don't you hit up colloidal gold for about 2 liters of 10ppm @ about 2 tablespoons ED. It's expensive, but I hear you might like it.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
Just dont stick you hands in your mouth or nose without washing them and you should be fine as far as avoiding colds.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've had pretty good experiences with even the cheap OTC brand of silver. I know of a source for "nano silver" here and might try that out for myself and my wife who has ulcerative collitis. There's some pretty compelling evidence that UC is caused by fungus or some other as-yet-to-be-identified bug.

I wanna kill it!

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Hey TUT, why don't you hit up colloidal gold for about 2 liters of 10ppm @ about 2 tablespoons ED. It's expensive, but I hear you might like it.
Is this suppose to be a joke? If so, I don't get it...

Tha Steven I was referring to was SJA. He introduced me to a a homebrew nasal spray with Collidial Silver. Recently, there was a thread on Avant about silver turning you into a smurf.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Colloidal gold is known for improving the functioning of the nervous system in an unknown way and big time. It would be worth a try, especially with IGF-1.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
colloidal silver sounds very interesting, never heard of this stuff before...

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
OK...here I am :D

Bioman...how much CS do you take?

I get my from naturalhealingsolutions. I use my "concoction" intranasally. I have had a past life full of sinus and bronchial infections as well as constant congestion. I had originally started researching something for snoring and found a study (John Hopkins I think) where using a 16% solution of MSM cure 90+% of people from snoring. So I tried that and found it to be a Godsend in clearing up my congestion. It worked well for snoring if you snort it like a man (no room for pussies here as it burns). You have to really suck it up there. Then I found some studies on how CS kills most bacteria. I thought that if I used that to mix with the MSM instead of saline, that I would reduce sinus swelling with the MSM and kill my ongoing sinus infections with the CS. It worked VERY well. In fact, I e-mailed a couple of the CS sources and I see that they now have similar products. It has been 4 years since I've had an infection that made me take anti-biotics. Going from being on them all year long to not having to use them is just awesome.

That's just one data point. I have given my concoction to others who have had chronic infections and they've had the same result. CS definitely works at killing bacteria...no doubt about it.

I'd like to know how much Grunt and Bio take (orally I'm assuming). There is a lot of very good info on here. I've used just about everything that has been mentioned above.....my immune system went from the point where I used to get sick several times per year to the point where I'm lucky (or unlucky) to catch something once per year. Herbs work....just be sure to research everything and take the proper dosages. as we all know...product labels are conservative and quality of herbs vary greatly.

Good health to all.

sean_25

Awards
if i posted up some cures for some diseases that i've seen first hand i would be called a freak and a liar. this guy can pull it off. more power to you mang! i'm always interested and open minded when it comes to things like this as i've seen much crazier things.

cured cancerS, diabetes, arthritis, lupus, and some others.

:run:

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
That's just one data point. I have given my concoction to others who have had chronic infections and they've had the same result. CS definitely works at killing bacteria...no doubt about it.
Again, I agree as I'm another data point. The only other herb of merit I've found and used is Astragalus. It definitely helps a lot when I'm all clogged up at a gram of tha extract a day. So it's kinda a 1-2 punch for me because although Steve's brew works, if you are majorly stuffed up it's tough to snort all that **** up in there. Astragalus helps make it possible, plus it also has antibiotic properties as well.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
hey bioman, your wife has uc? mine has crohns. we're (i'm)always looking for answers.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Again, I agree as I'm another data point. The only other herb of merit I've found and used is Astragalus. It definitely helps a lot when I'm all clogged up at a gram of tha extract a day. So it's kinda a 1-2 punch for me because although Steve's brew works, if you are majorly stuffed up it's tough to snort all that **** up in there. Astragalus helps make it possible, plus it also has antibiotic properties as well.

True dat J-man. I always take high doses of astragulus when I'm feeling a cold coming on. It's one of the best in helping the body fight off disease.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
cool info guys. i have "chronic sinusitus"? like a bee-otch. have to use the otc speed spray everynight. some are saying that may not be allergies at all, but maybe a immune issue related to fungus?

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
cool info guys. i have "chronic sinusitus"? like a bee-otch. have to use the otc speed spray everynight. some are saying that may not be allergies at all, but maybe a immune issue related to fungus?

You definitely would love the "concoction" then.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Notice that all of those were ingesting lots of the silver for quite some time. If it is used topically or intranasal, I don't think that there is any way to get enough silver in your system to get Argyria. I would base this on the fact that I've been using it for years this way and I get tested for heavy metals each year for work. No high silver readings.

Furthermore, they say that the FDA doesn't know how much silver it takes to get Argyria...I'm sure it would vary person to person but I also would say that if some of these people are making their own brew, they may have an extremely high PPM mixture.

That's a good posting with regard to the claims that are made on the distributing sites and which ones were warned. I always wade through the BS and find real studies. A lot of the studies started back in the 20's and 30's with silver since they had no real anti-biotics. Then it was revisited in the 70's and agian in the 90's. There is no doubt that silver in high doses will kill bacteria (good and bad). But the toxicity issue is definitely there with high dosing. Moderation is the key. If you can apply it to the infected site and use it in low doses, you will see benefits without the toxicity issue (pretty much standard with anything...moderation is the key)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've been using a brand called Silva Solutions by a company called Trimedica which is only a 10 ppm solution. It's a spray and when I feel something coming on I use about 3 sprays 2 to 3 times per day...sprayed on the back of my throat.

As for UC and Chrohn's..yeah, it's been a tough egg to crack but I feel alternative medicine is the only way to go. All the traditional doctors we've seen have done little or made things worse by prescribing prednisone..yuck. Check out Mercola.com, curezone.com and the various carb secific diet sites for some good info.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update

So far so good, I wasn't expecting much from this weekend as far as getting sick. I have noticed I start getting drozy around 8pm and am out by 9pm. I usually get up 2 times a night to go the bathroom but I have been sound asleep for the last 3 nights. As far as absorbtion on saturday I didn't drink as much water as I usually do and I got a little more gas, and the stomach was grumbling. If there is any sign that I am absorbing these supplements I can say that you would think that my urine would be bright green or yellow, but it is a clear as can be. I have spilt the dosages up to six different times a day.

MacMan

Awards
I would suggest some type of cortisol reducing compound. My experience has been that taking one capsule of Lean Extreme a day has done wonders for my immune function. When I feel the beginning of a cold or flu, which used to be common but is now rare, I stop taking the Lean Extreme until the symptoms disappear. This usually happens very quickly in a day or two. The recommendation to stop taking Lean Extreme during illness was part of the recommendations/directions for the product. Too much cortisol impairs the immune system, but too little can have the same effect. Strategically controlling cortisol seems to be the ticket. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to work very well.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Actually, argyria only occurs with low-quality, large particle "colloidal" silver, which isn't colloidal because the particles are too large.

BTW colloidal silver only kills anaerobic bacteria and virii. They are the ones that cause disease, not the aerobic ones. It does so via the inhibition of a basic metabolic enzyme.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Yes.....thanks Bioman. I'm also using the 10PPM.
So is that what you've told me to get, or is this something completely different?

I got my last (only) order from natural healing solutions.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
Actually, argyria only occurs with low-quality, large particle "colloidal" silver, which isn't colloidal because the particles are too large.

BTW colloidal silver only kills anaerobic bacteria and virii. They are the ones that cause disease, not the aerobic ones. It does so via the inhibition of a basic metabolic enzyme.
OK, I am confuzed. Half of the companies claim you want large particles while others claim the exact opposite....:blink:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
OK. You want the smallest possible particles. But you want the largest possible total particle SURFACE.

IOW, a 10ppm suspension will contain say 1mcg of silver per certain volume. This mcg of silver is either made up of smaller or larger particles. The smaller the particles, the higher their number for a given weight of 1mcg. Having a higher number of smaller particles increases the total combined surface area of the 1mcg of particles.

Most sites that talk of this all say the same thing, in different ways. But colloidal is very very small. In the previous page I posted a link to the actual size of a truly colloidal silver particle. Here it is again:

The other so-called "colloidal" silver will still have some effect even though it isn't colloidal, but requires MORE product and may cause argyrie.

BTW peeps: this stuff is absolutely GREAT at preventing any kind of infection. Think cysts and abscesses from pinning... Just make sure you get your silver. ;)

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
OK. You want the smallest possible particles. But you want the largest possible total particle SURFACE.

IOW, a 10ppm suspension will contain say 1mcg of silver per certain volume. This mcg of silver is either made up of smaller or larger particles. The smaller the particles, the higher their number for a given weight of 1mcg. Having a higher number of smaller particles increases the total combined surface area of the 1mcg of particles.

Most sites that talk of this all say the same thing, in different ways. But colloidal is very very small. In the previous page I posted a link to the actual size of a truly colloidal silver particle. Here it is again:
The other so-called "colloidal" silver will still have some effect even though it isn't colloidal, but requires MORE product and may cause argyrie.

BTW peeps: this stuff is absolutely GREAT at preventing any kind of infection. Think cysts and abscesses from pinning... Just make sure you get your silver. ;)
Grunt, not sure if you posted a link of not, but if not, can you post one to a pre made product of this type

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Sure thing, Max32. Here's one about people who seem really on top of the quality game:

They are VERY exepensive, though. Here's a couple more:

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00020I9J2/104-7328091-8977537?SubscriptionId=0GKY5T9AP29X0E3X4XG2

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/browse/sku_detail.jhtml;$sessionid$BYT1UOE3UNUTICQUAOYCM4QKCQB00GXK?SkuID=222792&********SCTM7130&_requestid=12164

Oh, and has anyone noticed how ALL argyria pictures are OLD? It's because not ONE case of argyria has been seen on this planet in the last 25 years... :nutkick::dance:

Here's more info on Argyria for those interested... http://www.argyria.info/

KD1

Awards
  • Established
Try one of those sinus flushers. A couple weeks at twice daily and your sinuses should be in much better shape. It did wonders for me, now maybe once or twice a week I flush mine out and thats all I need.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i'm starting to want to try it. sounded a lil weird snorting silver at first, but hey... is there a difference in the $14, $30 & $60 stuff? it makes me sick that we can't get more hard data on things like this. God knows there's alot of alternatives to pharmaceuticals that people could put to good use.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I use naturalhealingsolutions.....has anyone tried BAC's?

Dare2disturB

Banned
Awards
There's a medicine called Airborn that works awsome at the first signs of a cold. It comes in a tube of 10 effervecent tablets and its pretty tasty too. You can get it from almost any drugstore or supermarket and it knock the cold out of you in a couple of days. Zicam is awsome too.
airborn does work great, and so do those q-tips u dab in ur nose when u have a cold...work wonders, found in the medicine isle, i sound like a commercial :trout:

PrinceGeorgebod

Banned
Awards
:type: I lived in a house with mold and as a result I may have inhaled some spores or somehting. I have never regained my lung capacity and usually can spit out some interesting substances in the morning. Doctor says my lungs were clear when he x-rayed them but I dont trust "health care professionals" cause they are about the money and my area is full of c+ doctors. Too many doctors are stubborn and will prescribe me amoxicillin almost any time i am sick or have a flare up contributing to the fact antibiotics dont work on the new strains of diseases. At the doctor i feel like they dont care about my health they never look at the source of the problem just a quick prescription and im on my way. ANYWHOOO do you think collodial silver could help with this and will the company ship to canada!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Mold can definitely mess you up badly. I don't know if silver(but it'd be worth a try) would work because many times it's simply dead mold spores putting off mycotoxins into your body. Getting rid of or away from the mold is therefore the highest priority.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Colloidal silver destroys fungi very easily. Candida albicans, the foremost human invader, dies a resounding death by silver.

Well if you want it cheap my friend lives in Canada she can ship her stuff to you easy. Otherwise, I guess you might be able to find some natural health practicioner in your area. Whereabouts do you live?