low testosterone guys at 17

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. ya buddy dont worry too much... i never had any tests done that i payed attention to regarding my Test levels but i can relate with you 100%. dont worry so much about the numbers and look at the real world figures. your gaining and thats all that matters. at 17 i was in all most the exact same situation as you moving from 130 - 150 making huge gains on my lifts and i didnt feel i looked as strong as i really was and i was ALWAYS tired, naps like crazy and slept like 10 hours every night, your body needs time to grow and it does that while you sleep. across time ive continued to gain and eventually hit platues that i needed the help of PH to surpass, until you hit that point and cant even possibly gain anymore, after multiple diet and routine changes and your of age (21) then worry about somthing serious like all these youve stated. like everyone else said retest in a bit and see what happens, till then just eat man and take your creatine, no fat burners and the like, they can kill your libido. if you havent try some No products, thatll help the libido.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    I'm thoroughly disappointed that out of all the great minds here, not ONE has mentioned how eratic and unreliable serum T is. He needs free/bioavailable test measured. If after repeated blood tests he still has low T, he needs TRT or possibly some sort of SERM to try to 'kick start' the HPTA. (SWALE is very good at this with younger folks). I never understood this huge push to try to get younger folks to completely disregard low T and chalk it up to diet/age/training/etc. Trust me, before I started TRT at 19, the erectile dysfunction wasn't all that great.
    There was some mention of it, but I believe there are a few posts missing??? AAS and kids are a touchy subject, so, I understand....but, it was mentioned. However, the chances that someone can have considerably lower serum T and normal free T are improbable, although possible.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by TheTom
    This is 100% normal. If you take 2 months off from powerlifting, it should take about half the time to gain your strength back, which is 4 weeks.

    I think you should retest, it might of just been a fluke, its known to happen from time to time.

    Low Testosterone and being tired, is kind of a theory, more than a fact. Women have low testosterone, and they aren't always tired.

    The low testosterone number might of just been a fluke, and you might have some other condition, that makes you tired.

    Also, your gains were good

    "I went from 130lbs to 200lbs bench press so far"

    "I started off at a weight of 130lbs and 12% bodyfat and now im around 154lbs and 16% bodyfat."

    These are not signs of low test, those are very good gains, even if they were newbie gains.

    Also, I think the reason you are stronger than you look, is because your CNS is developing faster than your muscularity.

    They will catch up to each other in due time.

    Keep lifting, Keep eating, Keep resting, live the lifestyle, get your Testosterone retested, find out a cure for your tiredness, and all will be well young blood.
    I think my low testosterone is related to my tiredness all the time. Also combined with a decrease in sex drive and with the test results i think i can kinda almost certain say that i have low testosterone. Very low! Anywayz how comes my CNS is developing faster than my muscularity? is it my training?

    thanks for the help mate you helped me a lot

  4. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants
    ya buddy dont worry too much... i never had any tests done that i payed attention to regarding my Test levels but i can relate with you 100%. dont worry so much about the numbers and look at the real world figures. your gaining and thats all that matters. at 17 i was in all most the exact same situation as you moving from 130 - 150 making huge gains on my lifts and i didnt feel i looked as strong as i really was and i was ALWAYS tired, naps like crazy and slept like 10 hours every night, your body needs time to grow and it does that while you sleep. across time ive continued to gain and eventually hit platues that i needed the help of PH to surpass, until you hit that point and cant even possibly gain anymore, after multiple diet and routine changes and your of age (21) then worry about somthing serious like all these youve stated. like everyone else said retest in a bit and see what happens, till then just eat man and take your creatine, no fat burners and the like, they can kill your libido. if you havent try some No products, thatll help the libido.
    Thanks mate. One of the other thing that is doubly killing me now is that i have been having like 5 hours sleep every night for the past 3-4 weeks. BTW i had my test done like 2-3 months ago so i know that isnt the problem.... So at wat weight did you stop gaining? and wat where your pesronal bests at that time? on bench squat and deadlifts? I think i will listen to your advice and wait till im the age of 21, maybe it has not developed sufficiently (my endocrine hormone) just hope it does in the end. Yeh im taking creatine, eating good.

    Do you still have these symptoms you are describing? i just hate being tired all the time. thanks for giving me your advice i really appreciate it.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    I'm thoroughly disappointed that out of all the great minds here, not ONE has mentioned how eratic and unreliable serum T is. He needs free/bioavailable test measured. If after repeated blood tests he still has low T, he needs TRT or possibly some sort of SERM to try to 'kick start' the HPTA. (SWALE is very good at this with younger folks). I never understood this huge push to try to get younger folks to completely disregard low T and chalk it up to diet/age/training/etc. Trust me, before I started TRT at 19, the erectile dysfunction wasn't all that great.
    I really doubt that my free test is in normal range since my low total test is really low though. How do TRT kick start the HPTA i thought only like CLOMID or HCG does. Also are you still on TRT? and wat was your total test and free test?
    •   
       


  6. Free T can be in range since SHBG is reduced when Total T is lower. But people often report the same symptoms with low total T as well, it's just a really unreliable method to assess hypogonadism. I'm still on T, but before I was my total T was reliably 50-200 with free T a few points below the bottom end of the range. I'm not sure on the fine points of jump starting the HPTA using TRT...that's a better question for the men's health forum over at mesorx.
  7. blood test back again


    ok this is what happened guys i got tested 3 months ago with a level of 184ng of testosterone as you can see in this thread. I got tested again last week and got the results today and it came back to 405ng. However i still feel really ****ty, Absolutely no libido, tiredness all the time, some nights cannot sleep, decrease in muscle mass, hard time putting on mass, decreased facial growth by far!! grows like 3 times as slow now.

    All my doc said was that it was normal, that the result 14.1 was slap bang in the middle of the range 10-31 he also said it like trippled my testosterone. I know his trick trying to make me feel alright. I said no..... it doubled mate, and hes like yeh.

    I said that is not in the middle and he started rambling on crap about how yes it is the middle of the poppulation that most people is at that level because the graph is a bell shaped curve.

    I then explained so how can you explain my symptoms of low testosterone that i just told you. And he just nodded ? He said i can right you a letter to the endocrinologist but i dont think they will give you therapy. I said why, he said its because it is usually like that. I said i am only at an age of 18 just turned 18 yesterday and this is not normal, my libido was slapped bang dimished and i cannot suffer like this for the rest of my life.

    I took out printed things of the internet showed him some things that saying that if it was on the low normal range this is usually for old men and younger men should have higher testosterone, and another printout where testosterone levels should be around 800ng in teens. Also showed him printout of the blood results he should have requested. i.e. lh, fsh, e2, cortisol etc. He didnt even really look at it he just glanced at it and just nodded.

    He said again im going to write a letter to the endocrinologist and it will go from there, i said yeh. And he said for me to show the stuff to the endocrinologist.

    However a problem with me is i tried looking for more research on the internet about what the average level is for teens is but havent really found much. Can you guys give me some source for this, and other sources which i can use to try and convince my endocrinologist.

    I know i am 18 and you can see in this thread before that i really hated to go on TRT but its been like 5 months like this and i cannot life like this for the rest of my life. Always thinking about it, just want to be my normal self. Thanks for taking your time reading this. and thanks for all the help guys.

    In the UK it is a lot alot alot alot alot harder to get TRT for hypogonadism.

    I think i might be secondary hypoganodal because it seems my testis is working due to the increaes in testosterone

  8. Quote Originally Posted by dark_star
    ok this is what happened guys i got tested 3 months ago with a level of 184ng of testosterone as you can see in this thread. I got tested again last week and got the results today and it came back to 405ng. However i still feel really ****ty, Absolutely no libido, tiredness all the time, some nights cannot sleep, decrease in muscle mass, hard time putting on mass, decreased facial growth by far!! grows like 3 times as slow now.

    All my doc said was that it was normal, that the result 14.1 was slap bang in the middle of the range 10-31 he also said it like trippled my testosterone. I know his trick trying to make me feel alright. I said no..... it doubled mate, and hes like yeh.

    I said that is not in the middle and he started rambling on crap about how yes it is the middle of the poppulation that most people is at that level because the graph is a bell shaped curve.

    I then explained so how can you explain my symptoms of low testosterone that i just told you. And he just nodded ? He said i can right you a letter to the endocrinologist but i dont think they will give you therapy. I said why, he said its because it is usually like that. I said i am only at an age of 18 just turned 18 yesterday and this is not normal, my libido was slapped bang dimished and i cannot suffer like this for the rest of my life.

    I took out printed things of the internet showed him some things that saying that if it was on the low normal range this is usually for old men and younger men should have higher testosterone, and another printout where testosterone levels should be around 800ng in teens. Also showed him printout of the blood results he should have requested. i.e. lh, fsh, e2, cortisol etc. He didnt even really look at it he just glanced at it and just nodded.

    He said again im going to write a letter to the endocrinologist and it will go from there, i said yeh. And he said for me to show the stuff to the endocrinologist.

    However a problem with me is i tried looking for more research on the internet about what the average level is for teens is but havent really found much. Can you guys give me some source for this, and other sources which i can use to try and convince my endocrinologist.

    I know i am 18 and you can see in this thread before that i really hated to go on TRT but its been like 5 months like this and i cannot life like this for the rest of my life. Always thinking about it, just want to be my normal self. Thanks for taking your time reading this. and thanks for all the help guys.

    In the UK it is a lot alot alot alot alot harder to get TRT for hypogonadism.

    I think i might be secondary hypoganodal because it seems my testis is working due to the increaes in testosterone
    so what are your main complaints again and your desired results from a visit with the endocrinologist? as for the normal range for teens that is going to be a very broad one since everyone is soooo different and some guys dont really peak till they are like 23. i know guys who had their growth spurts after highschool, like growing 4 inches and crap so even in your situation you cant really give up quite yet. sounds honestly to me like your experiencing alot of the symptoms of depression, has there been anything else that has effected you negatively besides these low test results? i dont know bro id look on the bright side of things your young and things can still change plenty in all aspects, life is what you make it bro. if your libido has got you down look into some MACA and fenugreek and that'll get you moving in no time.... maybe even a little too much. good luck with everything bro.

  9. I wouldn't take anything that would abnormally influence your testosterone levels before you see an endo.

    Give the endo a chance to dig into exactly why you are feeling like ass.

  10. You could be eating TOO clean that's a possiblity, like not getting enough fat in your diet, keep your fats at 30% of your daily caloric intake and this alone with boost your testosterone levels, make sure your taking a couple table spoons of Hempseed oil daily. Keep taking your ZMA, and take a good multi, also get atleast 8 hours sleep, and try taking some Tribulus if you feel your need it, that's fine to take for your age, I like Tribex 500 by Biotest.

  11. hey dude im about to turn 30 and i cant grow a complete beard just a goatee every body peaks at different times if you think about it you will have an edge when your older because physically your body will be a little younger . just my theory
  12. What?!!


    The normal testosterone range is 2-10ng/dl. You are at 6.4, which isn't incredible., but right where it should be. You're fine.
  13. Actually


    actually its 200-1,000 ng/day. You said your levels were at 6.4[I][I]nmols yet the range you listed is measured in ou's? You should ask your lab tech for results in terms of simple ng's or mg's.


    ots actually 200Serum testosterone 6.4 nmol/L (10.5-31.0U) <--10000 ng.per day.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Low Testosterone at 19 (Please read)
    By jamesremmy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-13-2013, 03:20 AM
  2. Low testosterone at 25
    By Kaladin in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 05:43 PM
  3. 25 Year old UK guy, low testosterone / adrenal dysfunction?
    By qwerty42 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM
  4. Low Testosterone. Please Take a look at my blood Work.
    By HQProperty in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 11:11 AM
  5. low testosterone at 25? how can i fix
    By jonboy13 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Log in
Log in