Vitamins and stomach upset.

The Doberman

Awards
I take ALOT of vitamins. I always take them after a big meal because otherwise I get stomach upset/nausea, especially with zinc.

Now that I am cutting and eating several small meals it is hard to take my normal vitamins without getting an upset stomach. Is there a way to avoid this and still take my vits?

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
when i can not eat a lot I usually take all of my vitamins except spread them out throughout the day much more so I'm never taking more than a few at a time...as opposed to taking a bunch morning noon and night.

Also try Milk...skim milk obviously...it will usually coat my stomach enough to hold off the stomach aches.

regards,
COTC

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
you might be simply taking too many vitamins.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Try taking your vitamins with your first bite, rather than waiting until after you finish eating.

Gumbo

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you might be simply taking too many vitamins.
Too much? No such thing. J/k.. Milk might work but just a warning if you have any bit of a lactose intolerance this could be a bad thing and might make it worse. Try asking the people in the diet section

GuyinLA

Awards
Vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid is known to upset the stomach for some people. Check to see if that is the form you are taking. If so, this might be the cause. There are buffered forms of vitamin C. Look for calcium ascorbate as a substitute for ascorbic acid.