weightgainers

Big Jay

Awards
anyone know of some really good weightgain supplements to buy. been using Serious Mass but i think i've grown use to it since it doesnt help me gain as it once did. plz noone say the obvious. FOOD :trout: I know thats what it takes but i like to use weightgain for the calories when i can. Thanks>

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
2 cups whole milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup oats
1 cup yogurt
2 scoops whey

viola.. cheaper than any commercial weight gainer, with a cleaner profile, and a lower GI hit (unless you like getting fat)

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
musclemilk, not marketed as a weightgainer but has a ton of calories, especially if made with milk.

MHP has a new weightgainer out there with some better carb choices (rice, oats) and a nice mix of proteins (milk, whey, casein)

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IDS is expensive but its what I use.

Newb

Awards
thanks guys.kristopher interesting tasting mix. was pretty good. do you know about what amount of calories and protein was in that homemade shake.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Newb, I suggest you go to http://www.fitday.com and register, then enter all the ingredients you used in that shake. It will give you a full macronutrient breakdown and total cals. This is very useful when making new mixes such as this.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Every weight gain shake I tried before made me go running to the bathroom but the Mass Maker by Beverly is a great product to add some weight.

Newb

Awards
thanks that an awesome site. i was looking for something like that for awhile.
Newb, I suggest you go to http://www.fitday.com and register, then enter all the ingredients you used in that shake. It will give you a full macronutrient breakdown and total cals. This is very useful when making new mixes such as this.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My favorites for gainers:

Muscle Milk
N-Large
Heavyweight Gainer 900 (yes, it's old-school.. Still does me right)

I feel as long as your calories come from predominantly clean sources, a high-calorie shake isn't gonna be too much.. Besides, if you drink 3 of them a day and don't train hard enough, you will get fat.. Most gainers now are getting better with the carb sources (MHP's Up Your Mass uses brown rice, I recall) and proteins as well.. :)

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks guys.kristopher interesting tasting mix. was pretty good. do you know about what amount of calories and protein was in that homemade shake.
Thats funny, i basically pulled that out of my ass (not literally) its similar to ones i have seen other guys post though

Worked out the macro nutrients.. Its about 1100 Cals 40g of fat/100g carb(10g fiber)/90g protein!!
Id say thats a damn good shake.. considering its about as low gi as you can get.
A bit high in the fat department.. you can switch to 1% milk, and cut out one of the tablespoons of PB and that cuts the fat to 22g.

I would never need a shake like that. Being a endo, its basically the easiest thing in the world to gain weight for me, but for an ecto that has a hard time getting in the kcals.. a couple of those a day would go a long way to packin on the mass.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That GNC junk has way too much sugar.. Maltodextrin, corn syrup solids, fructose and dextrose.. :nono:

captain chet

Awards
Yeah, but only 441 grams of carbs! I actually might give that stuff a shot, its real hard for me to gain weight, or even keep weight especially when track season starts..a poor skinny college kid running 5-6 days a week sucks for the gaining of weight.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd say, sip it in tiny portions throughout the day, if you're going to go for that one. Otherwise, "weight" you might gain, but most assuredly, a lot of that will be fat.

OTOH, doing the "sipping all day" kind of thing will spread out the calories more and avoid huge insulin spikes that are BOUND to increase fat storage at some point. So instead of doing "only" 5-6 meals a day, this might count for like 15... SMALL meals.

Personally, I'd go for something that has a higher protein/carb ratio and still sip it throughout the day. Maybe cut it with some inexpensive protein? Could be rice or even soy protein in this case.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
i agree with kristopher, just make your own. if your confused on what to use then go to your local healthfood store and just get the ingrediants off the back.(think some websites have them) the one my bro made was awsome.....it was the recipe off the animal weight gainer.

Malek256

Awards
FYI, malto doesn't seem to make me collect fat even when I'm sucking up 3K / day of shakes with it but it sure as hell helps me up the cals and grow!

I suspect it's pretty variable for people how malto/dextrose will make them react.

But anything with fructose in it...bad. It's why I avoid N-Large.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Oats are very calorie dense. Try this:

2c Oats
2c Skim Milk
2 scoops Whey
Some ice.
Splenda, Cinnamon, & Honey to taste
Roughly 1000 cals and fits in a quart bottle.
If you want even more cals, add a little flax or extra light olive oil, ff cottage cheese, egg whites, &/or frozen berries.

I really don't see the point in buying commercial gainers since they're usually way overpriced. If you're going to drink a bunch of sugar, order a big tub of maltodextrin, aka "Carbo Gain" from NOW foods or another company. Mix it w/ your choice of whey. Add milk and anything else you want.

My little secret: Get skim chocolate milk at your grocery store. Make sure you get the stuff made w/ sugar, not splenda. It's 150 cals per cup. Just mix 2 cups w/ 1-2 scoops of whey. Eat a banana or bagel w/ it. It's an extremely cheap & easy 5-700 cals.

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
i like Universal Real Gains, just that they use the carb from maltodextrin, if they use low glycemic carbs then i will be more happier.

anthony454

Awards
I have tried N-Large2 and got good gains on it. Might try it again because im still skinny. Either that or that weight gainer 2200. Has anyone used it?

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I tried that 2200 in high school, everytime I drank it, it would be under 10min and I would be sitting on the john. Making your own is so much better and you can flavor it how you want.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
I agree 100%. It seems all of GNC products has the same profile. {sugar.. Maltodextrin, corn syrup solids, fructose and dextrose and don't forgot food coloring}

That GNC junk has way too much sugar.. Maltodextrin, corn syrup solids, fructose and dextrose.. :nono:

stumbras

Board Supporter
Awards
bump.......
for muscle juice, tasty flavours

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
zpalrangi13 Nutrition / Health 17
zpalrangi13 Nutrition / Health 59