coconut/macadamia nut oil for lean bulk?

1. coconut/macadamia nut oil for lean bulk?

would it be a good idea to add coconut oil or macadamia nut oil to my diet in a lean bulking stage? or should i just up my dose of fish oil or udo's?

2. I use a little of both and like them both so overall, I think it's pretty harmless in terms of avoiding fat gain. IMO opinion it's just the thing for cutting as it does seem to suppress appetite, at least for me.

Not many are familiar with coconut oil so I'm sure a flame or two wiil crop up asking why you're using a saturated fat..bla bla bla. I've been using for several months and I do think it does what they claim it does.
    •   

3. coconut

Coconuts are great eat em whole, Chop away at the top ,drink the juice w/a straw get a spoon for the meat .good for hair,blood etc..

4. If you do get coconut oil, be SURE that the label states "virgin coconut oil". The refined stuff is cheaper but lacks many of the benefits.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

5. Good point Aeternitus..and an important distinction.

Hydrogenated coconut oil is pure toxic evil. Used in a lot of junk foods..one of the worst hydrogenated oils there is.

The unrefined, "virgin" oil that's expellor pressed and unbleached is the stuff to eat. It also makes about the best skin lotion I've ever used. I have terrible acne and this is the only stuff that does not seem to make it worse..in fact it almost seems to help.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    It also makes about the best skin lotion I've ever used. I have terrible acne and this is the only stuff that does not seem to make it worse..in fact it almost seems to help.
    I wonder if this has something to do with one of the oil constituents being a natural anti-bacterial?

Another thing in the "all natural" dept that I'd like to recommend is raw, unfiltered honey. This stuff is like the perfect food (aside from fresh goat milk ). It is full of active enzymes, vitamins, minerals and special goodies that are only in bee products. Furthermore, it has been shown to be a highly effective carb source for athletes and not negatively effect insulin. It also enhances the digestion of other carbohydrates.

One thing about the virgin coconut oil is that if it is less than $10, it's probably refined.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

7. Acne-wise, I think it has something to do with it's antibacterial properties, however it is also reputed to aid in the removal of dead skin..which I can tell it does...awesome for a sunburn peel-out.

Chronic cystic acne is more about the fact that skin grows over the pores and hair follicles rather than the relting infection. This is why antibiotics do me basically no long term good whatsoever. If coconut oil helps to slough off skin then it certainly could be helping in this department.

Another AWESOME use of CO is as a moisturizer/skin balm after you shave. My skin has never felt and looked so good after a good shave and a little CO.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Another AWESOME use of CO is as a moisturizer/skin balm after you shave. My skin has never felt and looked so good after a good shave and a little CO.
    Man, I have to try that! I love CO during PCT's.

9. I found LouAna brand coconut oil at my local grocery store. It's solid though, not liquid. It's also only $2.68 for a quart. Do you think this is the good stuff or junk?

10. Wow, that's really cheap so it makes me wonder if it's the right kind. Most of the time I see it for about $8 - $12 per half pint. CO is solid at temps below 78 F. I put mine in an old Barlean's flax oil bottle and heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds to get it liquid again.

11. well being the vitamin world whore ( i work there) that i am, they have it for 12 bucks for 16 oz and its virgin in the solid state, so its the real deal. I will def pick some up. I have been researching it my self, after reading Dr. Eric Serrano of Infinity Fitness suggested it for cooking etc. Customers have also educated me on the fat burning effects... so people may falme, but anecdotal and real world experience cannot be explained away.

12. MCT's is half the fat found in coconut oil have been shown to have a protein sparing effect which is very helpful when dieting. Also MCT's are proccesed by the liver which allows them to be used by the body quickly.

13. BAC has it for $6.30/12oz.

COCONUT OIL, Virgin Organic-, unrefined (coconut taste), naturally high in MCT and >50% immune stimulating, antiviral Lauric Acid. Said to be “the healthiest oil on earth”, it is a stable saturated fat that promotes thermogenic fat-loss, thyroid health, good blood sugar & LDL-HDL cholesterol levels. (Old negative studies used hydrogenated coconut oil!) Very slow to oxidize. May be stored tightly sealed at cool room temperature. To be used as a supplement or any way oils are used. Great for massage or other topical use. Solid below 78 degrees F. 12 oz sold elsewhere for over $13.

14. I'm resurrecting this thread ... I just bought some pure extra virgin Coconut oil that is unbleached, certified organic, cold pressed, unrefined and has 62% MCTs... Anyway, I am going to be incorporating this into my CKD cut and I'd like some feedback from some of you guys on this board on your thoughts of this idea. I have CKD'd several times with much success but have never used MCT's in conjunction. I have some DCP on the way along with some other goodies that will aide in my cut. My wedding is Feb 10th and I want to shed as much fat as possible meanwhile maintaining all muscle and strength (don't we all )

Do you all think Coconut oil will aide extra in my fatloss?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 10:40 AM
  2. 3000 calorie diet question for lean bulk
    By holmes215 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 11:26 AM
  3. RPN EVISERATE FOR LEAN BULK?
    By johnperry89 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 11:53 PM