Hair Loss from Superdrol? High DHT? PLEASE HELP - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Hair Loss from Superdrol? High DHT? PLEASE HELP

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonster
    hair loss is a bit like sundamage to the skin, the sun's rays are damaging skin cells while you're out in the sun but if often takes 12-24 hours to get the nasty burn.
    You don't know if the sun is still burning right now. DHT could be continuing to attack, unless you think for some reason that all of your hormone levels are back to their pre-cycle levels. I would say it's better to use finasteride right now and end it in a few months, rather than wait a few months to start it.

2. New Member

Good point. I'm gonna order a few months worth and see how it goes. Thanks everyone!
  3. Elite Member

You should start with the topicals...
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    You should start with the topicals...
    Interesting. How long do you think I should use the topicals for before I start to try Finasteride. RRGG suggested Finasteride to try and get my hormone levels back to the way they were pre-cycle. Is this possible to achieve through topicals?
  5. darius

Dude, just order the topicals and use them . Remember, your hair is falling out more and more each day lol. Start with something, theres tons of info on here. Just try the topicals first, if things don't work out after a while get the Fina'.
  6. Elite Member

Interesting. How long do you think I should use the topicals for before I start to try Finasteride. RRGG suggested Finasteride to try and get my hormone levels back to the way they were pre-cycle. Is this possible to achieve through topicals?
    You've already screwed with your hormone levels enough. You'd done a proper PCT so your HPTA should be in check. If you have extra DHT in your system, Finasteride isnt going to do jack squat for you right now. Your best bet is the topicals. Azelaic acid inhibits DHT with 100% efficacy in the area of the scalp that it is applied. Finasteride only inhibits the DHT *conversion* at the 5AR enzyme, and of that 60% makes it to your hair follicles.

Unless you are having real problems with excess DHT (massive strength increases, oily skin, crazy sex drive, sore joints, prostate like a cabbage,etc) then you dont know FOR SURE that your hair loss problem is due to DHT, or metabolites from the anabolics you used, or just natural genetic progress.

Start with the topics - the take care of the ONLY symptom you are currently exhibiting...hair loss..without messing with the rest of your body.

BV
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    You've already screwed with your hormone levels enough. You'd done a proper PCT so your HPTA should be in check. If you have extra DHT in your system, Finasteride isnt going to do jack squat for you right now. Your best bet is the topicals. Azelaic acid inhibits DHT with 100% efficacy in the area of the scalp that it is applied. Finasteride only inhibits the DHT *conversion* at the 5AR enzyme, and of that 60% makes it to your hair follicles.

Unless you are having real problems with excess DHT (massive strength increases, oily skin, crazy sex drive, sore joints, prostate like a cabbage,etc) then you dont know FOR SURE that your hair loss problem is due to DHT, or metabolites from the anabolics you used, or just natural genetic progress.

Start with the topics - the take care of the ONLY symptom you are currently exhibiting...hair loss..without messing with the rest of your body.

BV
    Will do. Thanks for the advice, it's greatly appreciated.
  8. Senior Member

I think I gave you the wrong impression. I was trying to correct what I felt were incorrect comments about finasteride. I wasn't really recommending that finasteride would work better than something else.

If the money's no problem I would use both finasteride and topicals now.

P.S. If you use the topicals, it might help to cut your hair short to get the stuff on your scalp.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

What you guys all need to understand, is that finasteride inhibits an enyme that converts test to DHt this enzyme comes in two forms type 2 and type1, the type 2 is gfound predominetly in the skin and scalp... and this is the one that fina blocks... so you understand that you are lowering your circulating levels of DHT....but!!! the mechanism in which DHT is made is local, and it is used locally at type 1 and two receptor cites you are not inhibiting type 1 so DHT is still made at the type 1 receptors which are primarly in the CNS... this is why you prolly wont see a strength loss while on it the, pretty much the same amount of DHT is hitting the Type one receptors as before(even though its a overall lower concentration...this is why TAds brothers saw no strength loss at all (hair loss, clear skin healthier prostate are the main side effects of fina, the few males who did experience sex sides had kliver problems and fina was not metabolized properly and built up to extremely high concentrations in their bodies, also.. more males on placebo then on the drug in the double blind study reported sex effects!!
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebiochemist
    What you guys all need to understand, is that finasteride inhibits an enyme that converts test to DHt this enzyme comes in two forms type 2 and type1, the type 2 is gfound predominetly in the skin and scalp... and this is the one that fina blocks... so you understand that you are lowering your circulating levels of DHT....but!!! the mechanism in which DHT is made is local, and it is used locally at type 1 and two receptor cites you are not inhibiting type 1 so DHT is still made at the type 1 receptors which are primarly in the CNS... this is why you prolly wont see a strength loss while on it the, pretty much the same amount of DHT is hitting the Type one receptors as before(even though its a overall lower concentration...this is why TAds brothers saw no strength loss at all (hair loss, clear skin healthier prostate are the main side effects of fina, the few males who did experience sex sides had kliver problems and fina was not metabolized properly and built up to extremely high concentrations in their bodies, also.. more males on placebo then on the drug in the double blind study reported sex effects!!
    Nice post....what do you know about dutasteride? My brother is taking both finasteride and dutasteride, which personally i feel is overkill. I told him to take either/or but not both.....he won't listen....says he doesn't want to take a chance. I know dutasteride has the ability to inhibit type 1 and type 2 enzymes. Also, I've heard that dutasteride is good for hairloss in all areas of the scalp, whereas finasteride is only good for the front and crown areas of the scalp (but not the corners). Is this true?

Also, am i to assume that finasteride helps to clear up acne? I have acne on my back (not bad but enough to notice). I also have tghe MPB gene. So would finasteride help with acne?
  11. Elite Member

Great post biochemist...here's a link comparing the effects of Duasteride and Finasteride:

http://www.forhair.com/avodart_vs_propecia.htm

BV
  12. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebiochemist
    more males on placebo then on the drug in the double blind study reported sex effects!!
    That is not true.

http://www.propecia.com/propecia/sha...cuments/pi.pdf

Drug-related Adverse Experiences for PROPECIA (finasteride 1mg) in Year 1 (%)

Decreased Libido 1.8% Propecia (N=945)
    Decreased Libido 1.3% Placebo (N=934)

Erectile Dysfunction 1.3% Propecia (N=945)
    Erectile Dysfunction 0.7% Placebo (N=934)

Decreased volume of ejaculate 1.2% (0.8%) Propecia (N=945)
    Decreased volume of ejaculate 0.3% (0.4%) Placebo (N=934)
  13. New Member

does custom usually sell spiro??? I dont see it on their website
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warthog
    does custom usually sell spiro??? I dont see it on their website
    Yeah, they usually carry it. Probably out of stock right now. You can e-mail them via their website and ask. You can also get 5% or 2% (which I hear is really good) Spiro from minoxidil.com.
  15. Senior Member

Brink has a roundup on hair restoration/retention methods. Its quite an interesting read on the new stuff on the horizon.
    http://www.brinkzone.com/hairtoday2.html
  16. Elite Member

Good read! One part of the article :

Proxiphen contains minoxidil, as well as the prescription agents phenytoin and spironolactone, SODs, copper peptides, TEMPO, PBN...over a dozen active ingredients in all. Another plus is that Dr. proctor never sits on his success with Proxiphen in that he is constantly adding new compounds to the formula if he feels they show promise for MPB.
    dosent sound quite right because, AFIK, you can't combine Minoxidil and Spironolactone in solution without that solution smelling really bad. Perhaps this doctor has found a way to get them both in solution.

What I found most interesting, however, was the discussion of LLLT techniques (aka The Laser Comb). Ill have to keep my eye on this...

Ive read this before, and the article mentions it as well, that an inflammatory response may be the partial cause of MPB. Well, cold reduces inflammation in tissue - I wonder if icing down your scalp twice a day would have any effect?

That may be a bit extreme though...

BV

Similar Forum Threads

1. Very high DHT, please help understand these results
    By Steve_W in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 08:49 AM
  2. **hair loss from alpha lipoic acid PERMANENT?
    By choochoo60 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 12:53 AM
  3. how to prevent hair loss from havoc/epi
    By Musclefever in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 03:15 PM
  4. Hair Loss from Anabolics and how to combat it
    By DaBulls in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
  5. hair loss from 4AD