Hair Growth from Spiro/Azelaic Acid

1. Registered User
    Answers

Hair Growth from Spiro/Azelaic Acid

I know that Spirolactone 5% and Azelaic Acid 5% arn't going to regrow hair, but by blocking DHT, wouldn't it allow for more hair growth because its not falling out? Like the hair that normally grows keeps growing and the hair thats supposed to fall out from DHT doesn't, so wouldn't one accumulate more hair? It seems like common sense that it would occur that way, does it not?

I hate the idea of using Minoxidil of Finasteride for the rest of my life cause you would have to, to maintain the hair created by it.

2. Registered User
    Answers

anyone?

lol
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by darius
    I know that Spirolactone 5% and Azelaic Acid 5% arn't going to regrow hair, but by blocking DHT, wouldn't it allow for more hair growth because its not falling out? Like the hair that normally grows keeps growing and the hair thats supposed to fall out from DHT doesn't, so wouldn't one accumulate more hair? It seems like common sense that it would occur that way, does it not?

I hate the idea of using Minoxidil of Finasteride for the rest of my life cause you would have to, to maintain the hair created by it.
    Yeah, I think you hit it right. Many guys who use finasteride see at least some regrowth at least for the first two years or so. If spironolactone and azelaic acid work as advertised, I think it should be similar. The problem I had with spironolactone is it just plain smells nasty. I find finasteride much easier.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. **hair loss from alpha lipoic acid PERMANENT?
    By choochoo60 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 11:53 PM
  2. Azelaic Acid, Topical Spiro, Minoxidil and Nizoral?
    By asap nutrition in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 08:18 AM
  3. Minoxidil and Azelaic Acid from powders
    By Nootroid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 10:18 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 04:54 PM