Difference in muscle size? WPC vs WPI

  1. Difference in muscle size? WPC vs WPI


    I recently heard Dave Palumbo ob RxMuscle do a rant of the cost of being a bodybuilder. In one segment , he mentions a bodybuilder needs wpi , and is not getting optimal gains if they are taking wpc.

    Do you

    A. Agree
    B. Dont think it matters much
    C. Disagree

    ?
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50


  2. It doesn’t matter. Only difference in effects between the two somebody would actually notice is that somebody extrememely sensitive to lactose might have more stomach issues with wpc.

    He probably just sells a WPI product. Now is there some minuscule difference between wpc and wpi that makes WPI better? Yes I’m sure. Is it enough of a difference that anyone other than those with food allergies/ stomach issues could ever possibly notice? Absolutely not
    •   
       


  3. In theory a very low quality wpc would hamper your results on a cutting cycle because of the higher amount of carbs and fats but if your bulking then a low quality wpc would probably still be better than eating junk food constantly for example. If you don't know the wpc number though and are counting macros then you could seriously be overestimating your protein intake.

  4. I disagree 100%. As long as the amino acid profile is similar or the same it, doesn't matter.

    What about people who consume all of their protein through other food sources and don't use whey? What happens to them?
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Use code 'JOHN25' for 25% off Performax Products
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  5. C. Blend’s are superior
    •   
       


  6. As mentioned it probably won’t matter for most people outside of those with issues with lactose.

    Alternatively I was under the impression there may even be beneficial growth factors in whey concentrate that may get filtered out in an isolate.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    It doesn’t matter. Only difference in effects between the two somebody would actually notice is that somebody extrememely sensitive to lactose might have more stomach issues with wpc.

    He probably just sells a WPI product. Now is there some minuscule difference between wpc and wpi that makes WPI better? Yes I’m sure. Is it enough of a difference that anyone other than those with food allergies/ stomach issues could ever possibly notice? Absolutely not
    Agree. NOTHING that is going to make you look like Mr. Olympia if you start taking WPI over WPC...you won't notice a damn difference in muscle composition, etc. It's about digestion like you said that someone would notice a difference.
    SAVE OUR LIVER!!

  8. I only agree because I have a very hard time tolerating wpc, and I only have whey once or twice a day. The guys Dave is referring to can consume up to 500 or more grams of protein a day, and consume shakes much more frequently, on top of a lot of meals. If your stomach is messed up you cannot consume your next meal and digest it correctly.
    Besides that I think it doesn’t really matter as long as your body is able to utilize wpc, and if it can then it doesn’t matter and wpc would be fine. At the end of the day remember Dave is a salesman and will always do these segments and then plug his species line, and he sells wpi.
    Chaos & Pain Rep

  9. I stopped listening to Dave's podcast because he will spout of stuff as fact that isn't necessarily fact

    however we must look at the fact he's talking about high level bodybuilding and no offense to anyone on here, but most of us are not that

    if your stepping on a high level stage the maybe 1 or 2% difference could help, but a majority of us will never notice

    I always recommend WPI if money isn't an issue as I find it higher quality, easier to consume, it doesn't sit on the stomach and you know what your getting

    the difference in quality between 1 wpc product vs the next seems to be vary significantly
    Muscle Research Board Rep

    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    I stopped listening to Dave's podcast because he will spout of stuff as fact that isn't necessarily fact

    however we must look at the fact he's talking about high level bodybuilding and no offense to anyone on here, but most of us are not that

    if your stepping on a high level stage the maybe 1 or 2% difference could help, but a majority of us will never notice

    I always recommend WPI if money isn't an issue as I find it higher quality, easier to consume, it doesn't sit on the stomach and you know what your getting

    the difference in quality between 1 wpc product vs the next seems to be vary significantly
    Gagging on my way to class and even in class! Back in college, 2003-2006, I tried WPC and would just about throw up every morning in class. I use to eat cereal, slam my shake, take a tbsp or two of flaxseed oil and hurry to class. Maybe it was because I was in a hurry but it was bad and I had to do a lot to hold back throwing up

    I switched to expensive wpi, vp2 by ast brand, it was 20 $ for a 2 lb tun, and back then I didn't have as much money as I do now, but I spent it every month and this kept me from throwing up. I have a thread on bodybuilding.com back in 2004 or 2005 where I was looking for help and Pat Arnold recommend WPi and to my surprise it worked!

    Moving on, I dont have stomach issues anymore and for the most part take in WPC. From time to time I take in WPI, like last night, and I feel better when I do. I think it might be worth shot to at least take in WPI pre contest . Being that I can get 11 lbs wpi for 80 $ or so its a little less than it was fifteen years ago when i was in college! Thank you for your insight, I really appreciate you .

    Ive got to plug Millennium Sports because they treat me well, 100% NEW ZEALAND, GRASS FED WHEY PROTEIN has cross flow microfiltration (CFM) and WPC from grass fed only cows. It seems smoother, easier to digest, and just feels better, than the other wpc I use.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50

  11. Can gain just as much muscle with meat...

  12. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    I recently heard Dave Palumbo ob RxMuscle do a rant of the cost of being a bodybuilder. In one segment , he mentions a bodybuilder needs wpi , and is not getting optimal gains if they are taking wpc.

    Do you

    A. Agree
    B. Dont think it matters much
    C. Disagree

    ?
    Disagree. Basic science disagrees with him too. If you can get sufficient protein while hitting (not over or under) your other macros (calories, fat, carbs) using high-quality whole-food sources of protein (like beef, chicken, fish, eggs, etc) you don't need ANY whey protein, forget isolate specifically. The only time that isolate would trump concentrate is if you're lactose intolerant, or if the small difference in calories and/or fat somehow makes or breaks your diet, which only seems even remotely possible deep into a cut.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Disagree. Basic science disagrees with him too. If you can get sufficient protein while hitting (not over or under) your other macros (calories, fat, carbs) using high-quality whole-food sources of protein (like beef, chicken, fish, eggs, etc) you don't need ANY whey protein, forget isolate specifically. The only time that isolate would trump concentrate is if you're lactose intolerant, or if the small difference in calories and/or fat somehow makes or breaks your diet, which only seems even remotely possible deep into a cut.
    I both agree and disagree.

    Agree :
    Total and daily protein intake is the most relevant, getting most of it through high quality whole foods gets you appropriate aminos profiles.

    Disagree :
    WPI pros :
    Cleaner source of proteins, faster absorption
    WPI cons :
    Greater insulin spike, can cause reactive hypoglycemia

    WPC pros :
    - better for the immune system, affordable
    WPC cons :
    -Fatter, may cause digestive issues

    I think WPI is only worth it if you use it peri-workout and can afford it.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    I both agree and disagree.

    Agree :
    Total and daily protein intake is the most relevant, getting most of it through high quality whole foods gets you appropriate aminos profiles.

    Disagree :
    WPI pros :
    Cleaner source of proteins, faster absorption
    WPI cons :
    Greater insulin spike, can cause reactive hypoglycemia

    WPC pros :
    - better for the immune system, affordable
    WPC cons :
    -Fatter, may cause digestive issues

    I think WPI is only worth it if you use it peri-workout and can afford it.
    Faster absorption to me is a con.

    What do you mean cleaner?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Faster absorption to me is a con.

    What do you mean cleaner?
    Less fat and carbs, sorry for the hazardous designation ahah

    Also forgot to mention that WPI is more "processed" than WPC and you may have to check the filtration process (heat can lessen the protein quality, dying agents can be used to whiten the powder etc.. )

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    Less fat and carbs, sorry for the hazardous designation ahah

    Also forgot to mention that WPI is more "processed" than WPC and you may have to check the filtration process (heat can lessen the protein quality, dying agents can be used to whiten the powder etc.. )
    I feel in the context for an everyday joe gym rat, WPC is fine. A few grams of carbs or fat shouldn’t be breaking our diet.

    I agree with those that need WPI for specific reasons, but I find it difficult to rational paying for an isolate when WPC gets the job done. And, at the end of the day, I think blends (whey + casein) is most ideal anyways

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    I both agree and disagree.

    Agree :
    Total and daily protein intake is the most relevant, getting most of it through high quality whole foods gets you appropriate aminos profiles.

    Disagree :
    WPI pros :
    Cleaner source of proteins, faster absorption
    WPI cons :
    Greater insulin spike, can cause reactive hypoglycemia

    WPC pros :
    - better for the immune system, affordable
    WPC cons :
    -Fatter, may cause digestive issues

    I think WPI is only worth it if you use it peri-workout and can afford it.
    Ive never researched this, I find this very interesting. Thank you
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. M-drol caps different in size them M-stane caps?
    By hove131 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 11:42 PM
  2. Difference in weight: Morning vs. Night?
    By mustangman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 01:01 AM
  3. Differences in Whey quality Vs Cost
    By Sulsuknjrk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 06:47 PM
  4. Do strength/muscle size go hand in hand ?
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 02:32 PM
  5. wpc vs wpi
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Log in
Log in