5-3-1?

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
I keep seeing post about the 5-3-1 system. Especialy when the strongman topic gets brought up. How does this work and how do you apply it?

Would it look something by like this

Incline bench 5reps-3reps-1rep?

And so on with your other lifts? Someone please inform me deeper on it this. Thank you

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Do a set of 5 at 70% 1rm, move the weight up and do 3 at 80% 1rm, then move to 90%-95% of your 1rm and do a set of 1.

Thats how I do it

Normally only done with big lifts.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are many versions of it. Google it and see what’s best for you. I did the BBB 5/3/1 and made huge gains

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Jimwendler.com. Fork up the small amount of cash. One of the better lifting books ever released. Worth the investment

rax

rax

Awards
Blackironbeast.com has most of the variations as well as allowing you to enter in your 1RM and having all of your weights filled in.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Go to the App Store and put in 5/3/1 as well

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/3/1 app and the T nation article are both great.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I keep seeing post about the 5-3-1 system. Especialy when the strongman topic gets brought up. How does this work and how do you apply it?

Would it look something by like this

Incline bench 5reps-3reps-1rep?

And so on with your other lifts? Someone please inform me deeper on it this. Thank you
I follow five three one and have progressed nicely over the first eight months on the main lifts. I would highly suggest getting the book. You can find pieces of information on the internet, but it would be easier to just get the book and have everything in one place.

Look at all the different variations. Depending on your goal, you would use a different variation. BBB is good to start with. When you plug your numbers in, do NOT go off your training max, but 10% of that.

I love Blackironbeast, link below. It will write the program out for you, with the warmups, reps, sets, etc. I have it on my phone in the gym so i can see what I need to do that day.

https://blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator