What to take to help counteract bloating/gas? Probiotic maybe?

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Many times when I go out to eat a decent size dinner, some only about 1.3k calories or sometimes as high as about 5-6k at a buffet, I get very bad cramping, bloating, and painful gas afterwards. The gassy pain hurts so bad I cant stand and nothing feels ok but to sit hunched over. Of course this is typically the extreme when I've just gone way overboard at some sort of buffet/all inclusive event.

With that being say I can still get this pain/feeling to a smaller degree with regular type dinners. Are there any supplements that could help counteract particularly the painful feeling I get from the gas, and possibly the bloating?

I already supplement with GDA's before hand such as NA-R-ALA, Agmatine, Ceylon Cinnamon, and Banana.

I also keep some pepto chewables on hand.
I also get 35-45g of fiber per day already, consistently.

-- I'm mainly curious about probiotics. I don't take any pro/pre-biotics currently. Wonder if these could maybe help fix any underlying stomach issues?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The problem is the large meals causing the bloating. Its a lot of work and effort on your GI tract to digest thousands of calories
No supplement will fix that. That is just how the human body works.
If you want to fix your issue you can do a few things

- Play the eliminiation game with food sources
- Find what soruces are causing bloating (Egg whites, broccoli, mushrooms, oatmeal, high fiber foods, food with lots of artifical sweetners, prebiotic fiber, glycerin these are all major culprits
- Lower the volume of the food you eat
- Lower the amount of veggies you eat
- Lower the amount of water you intake at meals (less volume in your GI Tract to digest).

The problem here is how you eat with very large meals. Its not smart to down thousands of calories or eat upward to 2x what you should in a day at a single meal by binging at a buffet. That is legit common sense.

The problem here is your eating habits, no supplement fixes a user mistake. You cant just take pills and pwoders and expect them to fix an error that is made by you. This is why they are called "Supplements" to supplement your diet. The diet is at fault here, or the food sources you are eating. this is going to take trial and error. If your saving all your calories for one meal a day i would stop that nonsense (this is just an assumption, but for most people ingesting that many calories it is typical). It doesnt have any benefits over spaced out meals and it less detremental for muscle protein synthesis. Most cases it causes a bad relationship towards food, and this is why you are getting massive bloating and gas.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
6k calories in one meal and you wonder why your stomach is messed up

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
5-6k kcals is a lot for most people. I don’t think a probiotic is going to offset bloating/gas

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look at a good all-in-one digestive enzyme supplement for the smaller meals and stop eating the amount that some people eat in a week. That is way too much all at once.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are cheap gas pills sold at Walmart that work

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned that amount of calories at once is too much .

something that can help is some apple cider vinegar after your meal.

Digestive enzymes, pre and probiotics , I take sportbiotic, which is a deigestive enzyme , probiotic blend, its been discontinued.
Mycogreen by Millennium Sports helps soothe my stomach and helps with digestion. Another great digestive enzyme supplement is ENZY-M™

\

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The problem is the large meals causing the bloating. Its a lot of work and effort on your GI tract to digest thousands of calories
No supplement will fix that. That is just how the human body works.
If you want to fix your issue you can do a few things

- Play the eliminiation game with food sources
- Find what soruces are causing bloating (Egg whites, broccoli, mushrooms, oatmeal, high fiber foods, food with lots of artifical sweetners, prebiotic fiber, glycerin these are all major culprits
- Lower the volume of the food you eat
- Lower the amount of veggies you eat
- Lower the amount of water you intake at meals (less volume in your GI Tract to digest).

The problem here is how you eat with very large meals. Its not smart to down thousands of calories or eat upward to 2x what you should in a day at a single meal by binging at a buffet. That is legit common sense.

The problem here is your eating habits, no supplement fixes a user mistake. You cant just take pills and pwoders and expect them to fix an error that is made by you. This is why they are called "Supplements" to supplement your diet. The diet is at fault here, or the food sources you are eating. this is going to take trial and error. If your saving all your calories for one meal a day i would stop that nonsense (this is just an assumption, but for most people ingesting that many calories it is typical). It doesnt have any benefits over spaced out meals and it less detremental for muscle protein synthesis. Most cases it causes a bad relationship towards food, and this is why you are getting massive bloating and gas.
This about covers it. It's something you are eating that your body is not processing well.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Im with everybody from above, shoot your also hitting around 40 grams of fiber supplement too. Eesh.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
To add the obvious and keep that food moving - make sure you are drinking a ton of water and walking each day.
I cut out bread, eggs, milk and can't take too much steak. All these things were reaking havoc on my gut.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Many times when I go out to eat a decent size dinner, some only about 1.3k calories or sometimes as high as about 5-6k at a buffet, I get very bad cramping, bloating, and painful gas afterwards. The gassy pain hurts so bad I cant stand and nothing feels ok but to sit hunched over. Of course this is typically the extreme when I've just gone way overboard at some sort of buffet/all inclusive event.

With that being say I can still get this pain/feeling to a smaller degree with regular type dinners. Are there any supplements that could help counteract particularly the painful feeling I get from the gas, and possibly the bloating?

I already supplement with GDA's before hand such as NA-R-ALA, Agmatine, Ceylon Cinnamon, and Banana.

I also keep some pepto chewables on hand.
I also get 35-45g of fiber per day already, consistently.

-- I'm mainly curious about probiotics. I don't take any pro/pre-biotics currently. Wonder if these could maybe help fix any underlying stomach issues?
Definitely a properly dosed GDA will help:
https://hpssupps.com/products/glycoshield

Also look into digestive enzymes, probiotics, prebiotic fiber (vitafiber): https://vitafiberimo.com/?utm_********MAH&************socialmedia

and activated charcoal

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You would be the one wondering why your foot hurt after just shooting your own foot lol.

You eat a large dinner cause you IF? Try not IFing and control your portion sizes. Plus that seems like a lot of fiber.

3 700 calorie meals would be like cutting, 3 900 calorie meals would be maintenance. Or maybe a bit over depending on age and activity. 3 1k calorie meals would be a bulk to most.