Looking for a quality nootropic sans stimulants.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I’ve been scouring AM, as well as Amazon and the web for a nootropic to aid with focus, remove brain fog and cobwebs, increase my sharpness- don’t like searching for words often, help with concentration and elevate mood. Not looking for anything stimulant laden as I am so very sensitive to them, particularly alkaloids. ? I hope this is clear enough.
Thank you in advance.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Please disregard.
Wrong forum.
Ugh.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nah, I'm in too. I want something to take with my morning coffee.

Poolcue

Poolcue

Awards
Please have a look at the one at the top of the tree! Fully disclosed label and caffeine free......Azoth 2.0

It is used every day to improve focus, concentration and motivation. We have sold 35,000 bottles since August 2017! Check us out!

www.officialazoth.com

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For stim free, people seem to like Evomuse Clear Edge. AZOTH was decent for me, but it is not even close to being worth the current price. Sadly, BLR Nootrol hasn’t seemed to get any recent positive feedback.

For low stim, Performax Nootropimax is a good option to try (it essentially feels stim free).

The stim free nootropic category is a tough one. They really seem to require at least a small dose of caffeine to make the other ingredients shine IMO..

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Diet must be in check to truly have a clear mind. Sleep must be in check as well. What I mean by diet is stable blood sugar levels, and being insulin sensitive. When your mind is properly fed, and rested, it can work more efficiently. If you have stresses in your life right now, cortisol support will help, get some UVB rays on your body, take vitamin C. Natural L-dopa can offer aid as well, take after a workout, and before bed.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For stim free, people seem to like Evomuse Clear Edge. AZOTH was decent for me, but it is not even close to being worth the current price. Sadly, BLR Nootrol hasn’t seemed to get any recent positive feedback.

For low stim, Performax Nootropimax is a good option to try (it essentially feels stim free).

The stim free nootropic category is a tough one. They really seem to require at least a small dose of caffeine to make the other ingredients shine IMO..
Doesn’t Nootropimax have around 300mg caffeine+ teacrine?

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are looking for no stimulants, you might be better off by simply buying pure Alpha Gpc caps for instance.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Doesn’t Nootropimax have around 300mg caffeine+ teacrine?
Per 2 capsules yeah, but 1/2 of that 300mg is dicaffeine malate. Most people would have 1 capsule in the morning, and one early afternoon. I personally don’t picture anyone taking Nootropimax and claiming to be overstimulated. The bacopa, l-theanine, and sceletium effectively alleviate any caffeine jitters. Of course there is always the exception..
If you are looking for no stimulants, you might be better off by simply buying pure Alpha Gpc caps for instance.
I did this a few years ago and it was quite effective. I seem to recall that I experienced a mental crash though or got headaches a few hours after each dose. It was good while it lasted though and I have definitely been considering trying it again..

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I use the following fairly regularly and notice a huge difference:

Alpha GPC
Huperzine a
ALCAR
Noopept or a racetam
Nicotine (only if you're not susceptible to addicition).

You might also be able to find stim free Focus XT around the place as well. Makes a pretty decent base you can build from if need be

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Per 2 capsules yeah, but 1/2 of that 300mg is dicaffeine malate. Most people would have 1 capsule in the morning, and one early afternoon. I personally don’t picture anyone taking Nootropimax and claiming to be overstimulated. The bacopa, l-theanine, and sceletium effectively alleviate any caffeine jitters. Of course there is always the exception..

I did this a few years ago and it was quite effective. I seem to recall that I experienced a mental crash though or got headaches a few hours after each dose. It was good while it lasted though and I have definitely been considering trying it again..
This. It’s ~250-260mg caffeine and 50mg Theacrine per 2 caps, but a lot of people split the dose, and there’s plenty of other ingredients to balance out the caffeine. Like some people have already said, without some caffeine, some nootropics, especially herbal ones, can leave you feeling a little too relaxed or calm, if that makes any sense. If you’re willing to replace like one cup of coffee in the morning and afternoon for something like NootropiMax, you really won’t be consuming much, if any, more caffeine, but you’ll get a ton of other nootropics and probably save some money too.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Alpha GPC
Huperzine a
ALCAR
Noopept or a racetam

You might also be able to find stim free Focus XT around the place as well. Makes a pretty decent base you can build from if need be
Some solid advice here. A premium choline spruce (CDP or GPC), an AChE-I (like huperzine) and a racetam or Noopept is a solid base/stack without stimulants. Things like ALCAR and l-tyrosine are nice too, as are adaptogens like rhodiola.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Please have a look at the one at the top of the tree! Fully disclosed label and caffeine free......Azoth 2.0

It is used every day to improve focus, concentration and motivation. We have sold 35,000 bottles since August 2017! Check us out!

www.officialazoth.com
Too many stimulants for me but thanks.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established

Thank you. I’m okay with caffeine. It’s the other alkaloids I seem to have an issue with.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established

Alpha GPC
Huperzine a
ALCAR
Noopept or a racetam

AlphaGPC and Huperzine A are definitely part of something I’m looking for.

Nicotine? I’ll have to google how that’d help. ??*♂

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
AlphaGPC and Huperzine A are definitely part of something I’m looking for.

Nicotine? I’ll have to google how that’d help. ??*♂
Yeah the nicotine is very decent for learning, but has its drawbacks so id suggest avoiding if you are an ex smoker or are prone to addiction. I never have been, and so its nothing but helpful to me.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
This. It’s ~250-260mg caffeine and 50mg Theacrine per 2 caps, but a lot of people split the dose, and there’s plenty of other ingredients to balance out the caffeine. Like some people have already said, without some caffeine, some nootropics, especially herbal ones, can leave you feeling a little too relaxed or calm, if that makes any sense. If you’re willing to replace like one cup of coffee in the morning and afternoon for something like NootropiMax, you really won’t be consuming much, if any, more caffeine, but you’ll get a ton of other nootropics and probably save some money too.
I find this to be true. They make me sleepy. As I mentioned in another reply, I can do with a little caffeine — it’s the other aalkaloids that cause issues.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Nah, I'm in too. I want something to take with my morning coffee.
Have you tried Lion’s Mane? Dosed properly, I could see that being a decent single ingredient nootropic. I *think* the dosage was 1g 3x daily

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

www.officialazoth.com
I thought sulbutiamine is not great for chronic use?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ever tried transdermal pregnenolone?

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
https://www.chaosandpain.com/cannibal-genius-nootropic/

One can never, ever be too intelligent, but this is Chaos and Pain's attempt at getting us all to the point where people start remarking that we might be a little overly intellectually intimidating. Cannibal Genius, one of Chaos and Pain's nootropic supplements, will put your brain on hyperdrive, as the 44 different amines and alkaloids in acacia rigidula will give you a nice little burst of energy to go with the noopept we piled in to improve your memory like nothing ever has. Then, just to add insult to injury for your intellectual rivals, we dropped alpha GPC, gingko, sulbutiamine, bacopa, acetyl l-carnitine, theanine, and vitamin D3 into the mix. Nothing on Earth can touch this blend for focus, memory, and cognition.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
https://www.chaosandpain.com/cannibal-genius-nootropic/

One can never, ever be too intelligent, but this is Chaos and Pain's attempt at getting us all to the point where people start remarking that we might be a little overly intellectually intimidating. Cannibal Genius, one of Chaos and Pain's nootropic supplements, will put your brain on hyperdrive, as the 44 different amines and alkaloids in acacia rigidula will give you a nice little burst of energy to go with the noopept we piled in to improve your memory like nothing ever has. Then, just to add insult to injury for your intellectual rivals, we dropped alpha GPC, gingko, sulbutiamine, bacopa, acetyl l-carnitine, theanine, and vitamin D3 into the mix. Nothing on Earth can touch this blend for focus, memory, and cognition.
Asking for no stimulants.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My favorite is BLR NOOTROL it has a little caffeine but I'm a coffee drinker and I get no stim feeling at all from it.
there are some 20% discount code floating around. let me know if you don't find one.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the late reply. not getting notifications.
NEURO P5
ICONIC FORMULATIONS

use code THEBIGT for 25% off
thanks...imo transdermal is the way to go with preg and the salvo makes neuro p5 one of if not the best.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
My favorite is BLR NOOTROL it has a little caffeine but I'm a coffee drinker and I get no stim feeling at all from it.
there are some 20% discount code floating around. let me know if you don't find one.
Thanks.
I do like BLR and I’m okay with caffeine- it’s the (relatively) newer stimulants - mostly alkaloids - that I cannot tolerate.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm surprised. No votes for good ole Oxiracetam? As far as a no stimulant nootropic. I do complex time series math and 3D models, economic analysis of power plants, etc... Trust me stuff helps the memory and cognitive bank. Goes great with coffee, pretty safe/known. Favorite of the racetam class.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the late reply. not getting notifications.
NEURO P5
ICONIC FORMULATIONS

use code THEBIGT for 25% off
Wow. Nice. Great price too. Thank you.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised. No votes for good ole Oxiracetam? As far as a no stimulant nootropic. I do complex time series math and 3D models, economic analysis of power plants, etc... Trust me stuff helps the memory and cognitive bank. Goes great with coffee, pretty safe/known. Favorite of the racetam class.
Pill?
Powder?
What do you prefer?

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't matter. Mostly it's capsules of white powder. 750mg x 100caps is available pretty common.
Yes. Sorry. I asked after a cursory search. I looked a bit deeper and found mostly capsules.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried Lion’s Mane? Dosed properly, I could see that being a decent single ingredient nootropic. I *think* the dosage was 1g 3x daily
It’s part of a supplement I’ve been trying, however, it’s not nearly that high of a dose.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
This search is enlightening, extensive, and exhausting!!
I came across EvoMuse ClearEdge. As with their entire line, the ingredients are mostly novel (unfamiliar to me, at least). Are any stimulants? As mentioned, those that act on the smooth muscles are problematic to me. I will google when I have free time but thought I’d ask the experts.

dzznuts

dzznuts

Awards
what about an adderall substitute or modafinil