Vitamin B-12 Injections

crozowns

Awards
Is there anything to gain by taking a B12 injection vs a pill when on cycle? I have heard some defend both sides on other boards but came here to hear it from "THE GUYS".:box:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
YES.

Standard b12 tablets are practically useless as they barely absorb at all. The newer Sublingual B12 tabs absorb "3x" better than regular tablets but that still does not even come close to injections.

One of the key benefits of injections for me has been a total remission of allergies, more energy..both mental and physical, better endurance and better appetite. I, like a lot of people apparently had a b12 deficiency.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
As for use on cycle...other than appetite and metabolism there's no stupendous benefit that will enhance gains per se...it's just a good all around supp.

captain chet

Awards
Im also looking to try B12 injections due to the increases appetite and endurance/energy. Does anyone have a link to the propper usage of injectable B12 (how/where/what gauge pin to inject? and when to inject?)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Search this forum as this topic has been covered variously.

Insulin syringes are used for b12 and available at www.getpinz.com. IBE, a board sponsor, has an excellent quality painless B12 available and it is also available on the web premixed with other B vitamins.

Standard BBing protocol is to inject 1mL every other day. I did this for a while and now only seem to need to pin once a week at most.

darius

Search this forum as this topic has been covered variously.

Insulin syringes are used for b12 and available at www.getpinz.com. IBE, a board sponsor, has an excellent quality painless B12 available and it is also available on the web premixed with other B vitamins.

Standard BBing protocol is to inject 1mL every other day. I did this for a while and now only seem to need to pin once a week at most.
Are injections in the shoulder fine?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
yes... they are fine.. you can do in the shoulder very easily..

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I usually shoot my left bicep as I can see and avoid the veins easier. So far, I "think" shooting intramuscular is the way to go with b12. SubQ works but it doesn't seem to work as well for me.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
TO the people who have used injectable B12 did you see a definite increase in appetite?

This is what I was thinking about using it for but if there isn't an across the board increase in appetite I will opt for something else.

CROWLER

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I would say it's a pretty minor increase in appetite really..if at all. Seems to vary day to day for me. It is golden for allergy relief and energy increase.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Thanks bio man.

darius

I would say it's a pretty minor increase in appetite really..if at all. Seems to vary day to day for me. It is golden for allergy relief and energy increase.
Wow, increasing the energy is awesome. Was the energy really profound or how could you tell?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Just not as lethargic, have more endurance to motor through the day, more alert, and cardio performance picked up a tiny bit. NOT having severe allergies anymore probably helps this as well. Allergies are very draining..pun intended.

darius

Cool. I ordered 2 of them. Should last a long time at 1mL every other day. Got my pinz and stuff too. I'll post up how it goes.

darius

Shot myself tonight (for the very first time every injecting myself). It was kinda like the upper tricep instead of shoulder and did 1mL. I aspirated the needle, but had a somewhat hard time trying to as it was creating a vaccum inside the syringe. Didn't see any blood or anything so went ahead for the shot. It's been a few minutes after and its kinda tingling/slightly painful at the injection spot, however the actual injection was pain free. Is this normal? I was going to put it in fast, but got a bit scared, so I pushed it in slowly (no pain at all). Also, if I were to actually inject 1mL into a blood vein, what would happen?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
As long as there are no big air bubbles you'd be fine hitting a vein as B12 can be used intravenously..it's just not recomended that way for continuous use.

It is generally pain free with a little tingle..that's the benzyl alcohol ..should only last about 30 mins.

Note any improvement in lungs and sinuses..I did right away.

law74

Awards
What would be the problem with injecting b12 into a vein? I am thinking of adding this as I seem to suffer from chronic lethargy. Vein or muscle, what are the differences?

KoolKat

Awards
B-12's the **** and quite cheap...you can get a bottle over at IBE (support the boards sponsors please!) for $20 that will last you 1 month if you inject 1cc/day..some peeps go eod or once a week...so it can last a long ass time depending on dosage and personal needs..it's a nice energy boost and as bioman accurately stated...definitely seems to help with allergies although I can't find much literature to support it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The majority of the concerns about hitting a vein come from injectiing oil based steroids. Oil in a vein will end up in either the heart or lungs and this is a potentially deadly situation.

This is not a concern with B12 and other water-based injectibles, however intravenous use may not be the most effecient way to use B12.

Intravenous injections of B12 will likely have a more immediate effect, however they would likely not last as long. I would just go for either subQ or intra muscular as it is easier and gauranteed to last longer.

The allergy thing is definitely an alternative medicine deal. Western med is too busy condemning vitamin mega-dosing to take any notice of it's benefits...and for that matter I don't think shooting a mL eod or so is "mega" dosing per se, but who knows.

I stumbled on the info in a book called Alternative Medicine where it was mentioned only briefly as an anecdotal observation of an alergy case. All I know is that it worked wonderfully for me and I had had SEVERE allergies for 20+ years prior to starting B12. Hopefully the effect does not wear off.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hey darius how's the b12 injections going?
i'm kind of scared of pinning but if it helps with my sinuses then maybe i'll give it a try.

captain chet

Awards
Wondering the status if you were to be caught with injectable B12 and insulin syringes. Could i just say "i take this B12 because it helps my allergies, it works, and its cheap."

Just wondering if this could be illegal in some way.

darius

hey darius how's the b12 injections going?
i'm kind of scared of pinning but if it helps with my sinuses then maybe i'll give it a try.
Really well. Allergies are non-existant. Slight increase in energy and also appetite went up a bit. You can hardly feel the 30 guage. I used to get scared to launch it into my arm so I would slide it in slowly, and either way, I never really feel anything.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if I pin with a 27G 1/2", what should I draw with?
is the 1/2" going to be long enough to penetrate the glutes and thighs, or should I stick to delt, bi's, tri's?

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wondering the status if you were to be caught with injectable B12 and insulin syringes. Could i just say "i take this B12 because it helps my allergies, it works, and its cheap."

Just wondering if this could be illegal in some way.
I remember someone saying if you get an abcess or cellulitis(sp?) to tell the doc you were injecting b12. But no one stated whether it was legal or not. Bump for more info on this.. Sorry if this is a little off topic but since it was brought up thought I would get some clarification.:think:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
FDA has classified injectible B12 as a drug, therefore it would be the same penalty as being caught with a prescription drug without a prescription..which in this case, probably isn't that big of adeal as it's not an opiate or narcotic and has no street value. I highly doubt a law enforecment agency would aggessively pursue a case like this but I could be wrong.

You can also try to say that the B12 injections were prescribed to you by your naturopath. I think that would end any further inquiry right there.

I'm biologist so since I use vetrenary grade stuff I can just say that I'm required to carry it for my job..to remediate stressed animals after capture.

I highly doubt one would get an abcess from B12 injections unless your injection technique is well..filthy. Vet grade B12 has some benzyl alcohol in it.

momod

Awards
Really well. Allergies are non-existant. Slight increase in energy and also appetite went up a bit. You can hardly feel the 30 guage. I used to get scared to launch it into my arm so I would slide it in slowly, and either way, I never really feel anything.
sorry to bump in guys,

darius, shoot me an email when you get the chance

[email protected]

bigmontel

225lbs of chewed bubble gum
Awards
so do you use a different pin every time?? i'm "pin illiterate".

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, always use a fresh pin. They're dirt cheap and meant to be disposable.

bigmontel

225lbs of chewed bubble gum
Awards
thats what i thought just wanted to be sure for future reference. thanks

GBINKSTER

Awards
why cant you just put a shoot of b12 into some juice and drink it? im just scared of injecting as i never have

KD1

Awards
  • Established
My allergies have been kickin my but lately, Im thinking of doing this as well. The injection thing kinda bothers me though. Also a bit worried the g/f might think its hardcore roids, lol.
**** it, will order tomorrow and try it out.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Slin pins are nothing to be scared of...you don't really feel anything b/c they are so small...i am terrified of needles and slin pins didn't bother me at all.

GBINKSTER

Awards
BUMP. Why cant you just shoot a few shots of b12 into juice and drink it. Ihate needles. People tell me megadosing b12 would be just as effective.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
gbinkster--i don't understand what you're talking about.
sure, you can try megadosing it. will it be the same as injectable? obviously not because if it were the same orally and IM, people wouldn't even use it IM. it doesn't make any sense to inject if you don't need to.

you can go to vitamin shoppe and get some b vitamins, but the point of the INJECTABLE b12 is to inject it.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
They make a sublingual B12 that you drip under your tongue, but injectable is supposed to be the best by far.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
i have a question, instead of 1ml EOD would it be just as effective if it was 500mg ED?

(it would make things easier for me)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I honestly don't think it matters one way or another. I seem to be able to get away with 1mL every week during allergy season but play around with it and see what works for you.

DobermanXXL

Awards
I may be wrong.. but isn't there a new transdermal form of b12? Anyone know if it's effective?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I remember asking about that route a while ago and I was told that the molecular weight of B12 is too heavy, so it won't absorb.

DobermanXXL

Awards
I remember asking about that route a while ago and I was told that the molecular weight of B12 is too heavy, so it won't absorb.
I wonder if applying it PWO would help, when the pores are open

stumbras

Board Supporter
Awards
what about veterinary grade
250 ml B-Complex Plus with 1000 mcg/ml B-12 30$
is is big diference from human grade, what the diference

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Next to no difference really. I think they add a little more bezyl alcohol to extend the shelf life so it may sting a little more.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bioman, so oral B-12 supplementation is useless, this would suck because I just ordered NOW's new B-12 energy product.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If it's NOW's methylcobalamin tabs you should be OK. The methylco sublingual stuff does seem to work but nothing compares to injections IMO.

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
YES.

Standard b12 tablets are practically useless as they barely absorb at all. The newer Sublingual B12 tabs absorb "3x" better than regular tablets but that still does not even come close to injections.

One of the key benefits of injections for me has been a total remission of allergies, more energy..both mental and physical, better endurance and better appetite. I, like a lot of people apparently had a b12 deficiency.
Bioman,
Do you have a theory on why this is? I spend a fortune every year on meds and still don't get the relief I would like.
I may give b-12 a try just for this.