NATURAL ANABOLICS - DETOX - RAW VEGAN

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
So im going to start a heavy metal detox and go Raw vegan for awhile. I was wondering if natural anabolics would get in the way of my Raw Vegan diet? I don't think it would...

I have Mass Max and vector so far.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't think they would get in your way. Natty products should be fine to still take.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wouldn't natural anabolics efficacy depend on adequate amount of protein? Will the raw vegan diet provide enough protein?

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are pushing it by calling them «*natural anabolics*».
They are merely a mix of plants that have a debatable effect on hormones if at all.

You removing heavy metals will lead to a greater anabolic response in the future than any of those «*natural anabolics*».

So go vegan, rest a lot, fast for a few days couple of times, but don’t interfere with your body’s natural cleansing mechanisms by feeding it processed supplements

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
They are merely a mix of plants that have a debatable effect on hormones if at all.

You removing heavy metals will lead to a greater anabolic response in the future than any of those «*natural anabolics*».

So go vegan, rest a lot, fast for a few days couple of times, but don’t interfere with your body’s natural cleansing mechanisms by feeding it processed supplements
do you know where I can find meal plans? This is driving me up the wall.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are looking to do a heavy metal detox, you may want to look into the clean label project's writeup on various protein powders. Many vegan powders tested higher in heavy metals.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
If you are looking to do a heavy metal detox, you may want to look into the clean label project's writeup on various protein powders. Many vegan powders tested higher in heavy metals.
Thanks man

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You are aware that natural anabolics, or at least some ingredients/products under this umbrella, can promote increases in mass and strength independently of increasing testosterone levels, right?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heavy metal detox? what kind of ****ty blog post did you read?

Though, donating blood is a way to get rid of some iron. Actually the only way for males to get rid of iron, I think.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Though, donating blood is a way to get rid of some iron. Actually the only way for males to get rid of iron, I think.
Spirulina is one of the few molecules in existence that has a body of evidence to support 'detoxifying' actions as it pertains to heavy metals, and has demonstrated this efficacy in animal models against a wide variety of minerals, including cadmium and mercury, and has been shown to be safe for pregnant rats in order to reduce the effects of mineral toxicity on rat pups
-Examine.com

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Haha, to be fair it makes sense of you have a great exposure to heavy metals through your workplace (i.e. work in a factory that processes mercury or something) but otherwise, yeah someone is misleading you

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haha, to be fair it makes sense of you have a great exposure to heavy metals through your workplace (i.e. work in a factory that processes mercury or something) but otherwise, yeah someone is misleading you
This is why we need to research what we read as there are to many bogus things out there.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Sorry posts #15 and up.

Are you guys saying Heavy metal detox is not anabolic? ( I don't care about this)

Or

Heavy metal detox is not possible?

Or both...

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established

What's all this?

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
So I have to drop the pea protein in order to do this detox properly(I'm screwed). This is the hardest thing I've ever done.

Basically my diet consists of...

Fruit, Berries & Melons - Being Number 1.
Herbs, Green Leafy Veggies and Alfalfa Sprouts- Assisting detox.
Other Vegetables - Slowing down detox.
Nuts, Seeds and Legumes - Ending detox.
Proteins, Dairy and Grains - Reversing detox.
Cooked foods - Terminating detox.

This is a bodybuilding nightmare lol. Healing process could take anywhere to 2 weeks to 8 months. Average is 2 - 8 months for healing from people's medical lab results.

My concerns with bodybuilding.

Foods on that list with the highest concentration of protein is guava - fruit, spinach - leafy greens (anything else?). I'm just going to use the guava and spinach separately, put in a juicer and go ham. I've already accepted at present there's no way ill be able to get the required amount of protein for body building.

For work outs - Should I continue to do hypertrophy - 10 reps per set or just do a 5x5 routine till I'm done with this detox?

Should I use a natural anabolic to keep muscle loss at a minimum?

:)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You’re trying to “detox,” why add in supplements? You’ll “detox” better just eating normal, minimally processed foods with minimal supplements.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, do you actually have elevated heavy metal levels? If you do, why aren’t you going to a real doctor instead of doing an internet detox protocol?

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
First, do you actually have elevated heavy metal levels? If you do, why aren’t you going to a real doctor instead of doing an internet detox protocol?
doc says im screwed in a nutshell. Naturopath is the only route with medical lab results of people healing. Detoxing heavy metals is just part of the procedure.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
And your doc said “forget me actually treating you, go and do some internet stuff?”
YES there is no cure! :) Naturopath is the only route with medical lab results of people healing. Detoxing heavy metals is just part of the procedure.

I did see a naturopath to make things clear.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spirulina actually has evidence showing it can help with heavy metal detoxification, which very few things actually have been shown to do:
https://examine.com/supplements/spirulina/

And you saw an actual MD first, and they told you you’re screwed and/or to see the naturopath, or you only went to a naturopath?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This logic makes no sense. You have heavy metal problems, so the solution is to deprive your body of essential nutrients for an extended period of time to try to fix the problem?

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Spirulina actually has evidence showing it can help with heavy metal detoxification, which very few things actually have been shown to do:
https://examine.com/supplements/spirulina/

And you saw an actual MD first, and they told you you’re screwed and/or to see the naturopath, or you only went to a naturopath?
WOW bud yes man! Yes I visited my Medical Doctor - there is no cure. That's was it.

No I saw a naturopath after...

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
This logic makes no sense. You have heavy metal problems, so the solution is to deprive your body of essential nutrients for an extended period of time to try to fix the problem?
Bro if you want to talk about the medical aspects feel free to PM me. Just to remind you the heavy metal detox is just part of the procedure which I mentioned earlier...

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
So hypertrophy(10 reps per set) or 5x5? Natural anabolic - yay or nay on a protein deficient?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You want to post up a link to this detox protocol of yours? How can anyone try to give you relevant recommendations without knowing what you’re doing? If you’re planning on getting such terribly low amounts of protein for multiple months, I wouldn’t go too hard in the gym or you’ll just eat away your muscle mass, as it’ll have nothing to rebuild with.

Honestly, if you’re set on this path, I’d probably just do whatever you can exercise wise to maintain your strength as much as possible, which should hopefully prevent you from losing too much strength/size without overdoing it and breaking down your muscle too much without giving it anything to repair with. So a 5x5 would be preferable IMO, but I still don’t know if I’d even do a full 5 sets TBH.

You can’t have nuts, seeds, peas, beans and stuff during the fast itself? Those would make it MUCH more doable to hold on to muscle and get a decent protein intake.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
You want to post up a link to this detox protocol of yours? How can anyone try to give you relevant recommendations without knowing what you’re doing? If you’re planning on getting such terribly low amounts of protein for multiple months, I wouldn’t go too hard in the gym or you’ll just eat away your muscle mass, as it’ll have nothing to rebuild with.

Honestly, if you’re set on this path, I’d probably just do whatever you can exercise wise to maintain your strength as much as possible, which should hopefully prevent you from losing too much strength/size without overdoing it and breaking down your muscle too much without giving it anything to repair with. So a 5x5 would be preferable IMO, but I still don’t know if I’d even do a full 5 sets TBH.

You can’t have nuts, seeds, peas, beans and stuff during the fast itself? Those would make it MUCH more doable to hold on to muscle and get a decent protein intake.
Whats with this internet s***? I saw a naturopath. If you want to talk about the medical aspect, PM me I don't want to talk about my diagnosis publicly. I am obviously trying to avoid that.

Basically what im doing is working out on a protein deficient.

yea 5 x 5 makes the most sense.

I know having nuts, seeds, peas would make a world of a difference.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Prolly do 5x5 or some rinky dink routine just to keep muscles active. Im hoping a natural anabolic would help.

Or just forget about bodybuilding completely till I'm out of the woods - doubt it.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Sorry im a little upset with the fact that consuming protein is going to be challenge :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you’re avoiding eating nuts and seeds, I’d also avoid herbal anabolic supplements. I don’t think EITHER would actually be a detriment to your health/progress, but if the nuts and seeds aren’t allowed, I don’t see how anabolic herbs could be TBH. It’s just such a strange protocol, so I don’t know if any logic actually applies if I’m being honest.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Herbs are allowed. Its pretty basic concept to grasp... Follow the food list. Do a heavy metal detox with supplements. Take recommended supplements - bye bye desease that medical science has no cure for. Thats the medical aspect part of it. No nuts no seeds

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
In the anabolicminds world my concern here is bodybuilding following a strict detox. Remind you there is no medical cure.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s not a “basic concept.” Is a grape SEED supplement allowed since it’s a supplement, or not allowed because it’s a seed? What about amino acid supplements? Are they allowed? Which ones? Can you use EAA supplements? HICA? Etc.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
It’s not a “basic concept.” Is a grape SEED supplement allowed since it’s a supplement, or not allowed because it’s a seed? What about amino acid supplements? Are they allowed? Which ones? Can you use EAA supplements? HICA? Etc.
What does the food list say?

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Do you mind if we stick to bodybuilding? Which you have done a good job with the training advice. I do have a doctor and a naturopath to consult with.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then go ask him...

What’s your total daily protein intake looking like (in grams)? Calories? What’s your maintenance?

Giving advice on lifting routines without knowing this is irresponsible...

If you’re getting 20g/day protein and in a 500+ calorie deficit, you’re probably be better off barely working out so at least you don’t eat yourself away into nothingness over several months. Just doing a few sets to try to keep strength from dropping so much, but it will drop.

Are amino acid supplements allowed? Nothing in your diet explained if they are, as literally every food on earth will have some amino acids, so you’re not avoiding them.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A lot of people are getting great results by only eating grass fed beef, and drinking water. Would be more anabolic too. I know, it is anecdotal, and word of mouth, dont castigate lol.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Then go ask him...

What’s your total daily protein intake looking like (in grams)? Calories? What’s your maintenance?

Giving advice on lifting routines without knowing this is irresponsible...

If you’re getting 20g/day protein and in a 500+ calorie deficit, you’re probably be better off barely working out so at least you don’t eat yourself away into nothingness over several months. Just doing a few sets to try to keep strength from dropping so much, but it will drop.

Are amino acid supplements allowed? Nothing in your diet explained if they are, as literally every food on earth will have some amino acids, so you’re not avoiding them.
Bro obviously I came here for bodybuilding advice in preference of asking a doctor or naturopath.

This is why I asked to stick to body building. Come on man its a basic food list.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
muscleupcrohn or any one? Do you think a natural anabolic would help on a protein deficient to avoid muscle loss?

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people are getting great results by only eating grass fed beef, and drinking water. Would be more anabolic too. I know, it is anecdotal, and word of mouth, dont castigate lol.
So only eating grass fed beef would obtain better results? Cool thanks ill look into it after my detox.