Ritalin and Pre-wo

buakaw93

buakaw93

Awards
Hi guys, these days I was diagnosed with ADHD and the doctor prescribed Ritalin. During this time I was using the Hyper Power of Core Labs X as a pre-workout, which is full of stimulants like DMAA, DMHA, AMP Citrate, Synephrine, etc.
I take the Ritalin in the morning at 8:00 and at 13:00, the pre-wo I take it at 18/19. The half-life of Ritalin is very short 2/4 hours so it should not be in circulation when I take the pre-workout, but many advise against mixing so many stimulants

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It can be hazardous. How is your appetite?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's good. Usually ritalin, or similar substances crush your appetite.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If that's the half-life, it'll still be in your system, just to a lesser degree. I would suggest starting out small and working your way up with a simpler pre, possibly even just caffeine. You run the risk of too many sides by having that many stimulants and may end up replacing one issue (the ADHD) with another (anxiety, cardiovascular issues, etc).

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I take an adderall and still take my pre wo. I am sure its not good for me but its quite a buzz and a great workout

Why dont you time your afternoon ritalin around training and abandon the pre?

buakaw93

buakaw93

Awards
I took the pre-wo, tonight did not give me any problem, I feel very euphoric and that's it. Usually I resist well with stimulants, I used Clen quietly at 120 mcg.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you have no issue then by all means see how it goes. Just spread them out a good amount of time in order to avoid over stimulation.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take an adderall and still take my pre wo. I am sure its not good for me but its quite a buzz and a great workout

Why dont you time your afternoon ritalin around training and abandon the pre?
I take my Adderall with my pre workout, I have done it for years. Oh, I also do it for HIT/running.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
LIke any other drug (the Ritalin and your Pre-workout), you will build up a tolerance. If you work on it, you can take both at more than the max dosage and feel like **** and not want to workout. Seriously bro, you don't need a stimmed pre-workout with Ritalin - get some nitrates or vaso6 and throw the stim **** away.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It’s not the same, but my wife takes vyvance with a 1/4 scoop of hypermax and has no issues. Also has coffee in the mornings.

I would just start with a low dose and assess your tolerance and build up as needed. I wouldn’t want to acquire the need to rely on a stim though.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LIke any other drug (the Ritalin and your Pre-workout), you will build up a tolerance. If you work on it, you can take both at more than the max dosage and feel like **** and not want to workout. Seriously bro, you don't need a stimmed pre-workout with Ritalin - get some nitrates or vaso6 and throw the stim **** away.
This is really great advice. You can make it work in that it might not kill you, but you really need to dial in your meds to deal with the ADHD and it's going to be hard to get optimal treatment with a bunch of stims.