Need a good stimulant

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi all. Let me preface by saying I have hypersomnia and sleep apnea. Which means I can regularly sleep 12+ hours a day. I do have medicine from my sleep dr to stay awake but it's very expensive so I don't like to use it on a daily basis. So I am looking for something otc.. in the past I've had luck with Gat jet fuel and the Nutrex lipo products. I'm looking for something in a liquid capsule so it kicks in faster. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Brutefit

Brutefit

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Caffeine will work fine, considering you have used (or using) you might have developed a tolerance to it considering cycling it off.
or try DMHA it keeps me well awake !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^This;) haha jk

I would recommend just trying some caffeine pills for energy. Cheap and will work if you're just looking for that boost.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been using 200mg caffeine tabs but they don't give enough kick

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Caffeine
Caffeine and ephedrine
Millennium Sports Shred-Ultra is pretty potent
someone mentioned DMHA , it works no doubt however if I use it I limited it to 1-3 times a week and dont dose too high obviously.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Not an expert by any means but isn't hypersomnia generally a primary issue that underlies a secondary issue (like sleep apnea)? If so have you actually tackled it?

BTW I'm guessing that you're not taking adderall so I might presume Xyrem?

Google up Dr Stasha Gominak, she talks about sleep issues but not sure if she covers hypersomnia.

Thefatbloke

Awards
  • Established
If you have sleep apnoea what you need is overnight CPAP. Sleeping better during the night will mean it is much easier to stay awake during the day. If you have OSA and this isn't what your 'sleep dr' told you, get a new Dr.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Get a fitbit or something to monitor your sleep and see how often you are actually waking up. It's not perfect, but it is a good start and may help you realize you are getting much less sleep than you think - or it may confirm you are actually sleeping and something else is going on. Instead of trying to swim against what your body is doing, why not try to fix the problem your body is already trying to fix?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I think a thermogenic like the ones you mentioned would be good. If the capsules are taking too long to get into your system, you could try a powdered thermogenic like FitMax. I always feel FitMax kick in within 10-15 minutes, which is a lot quicker than most pills/capsules. It has a nice balance of stimulants for energy and focus

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try Modafinil. It’s a steady 14 hour boost that’s not crazy. Also stackable with low-stim pre WO when it’s time for the gym.

Also, seems like it warrants a conversation with the doctor.