How can I get bigger forearms and wrists?

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Forearm rolls, dumbbell wrist curls front and reverse, plat grips for time, rice bucket. These are the exercises i've done to help me build up my forearms. I'd ask Frank McGrath though:)

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Wrist size is genetic, just like ankle size. There isn't much you can do to increase your wrist size, but there are a lot of exercises you can do for your forarms. Wrist curls (with a dumbell or barbell) are great forearm builders. Also deadlifts and other static grip exercises will improve grip strength and increase forearm strength/size

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
81w9jd3agnlsl1500jpg.jpeg

One of these?
Actually what john.patterson and LeanEngineer said.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Spinach, it worked for Popeye!

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift, rack pull, chin up, hammer curl, reverse curl.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forearm rolls, dumbbell wrist curls front and reverse, plat grips for time, rice bucket. These are the exercises i've done to help me build up my forearms. I'd ask Frank McGrath though:)
Great!

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wrist size is genetic, just like ankle size. There isn't much you can do to increase your wrist size, but there are a lot of exercises you can do for your forarms. Wrist curls (with a dumbell or barbell) are great forearm builders. Also deadlifts and other static grip exercises will improve grip strength and increase forearm strength/size
Helpful stuff! Which body weight exercise can replace the deadlift?

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deadlift, rack pull, chin up, hammer curl, reverse curl.
What are the muscles recruited when doing a reverse barbell curl with the wrists facing downwards, and is it an effective exercise to develop muscles in the forearms?

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Frank McGrath did forearms everyday for years. Middle school, high school, college.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Evomuse Hung?

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
reverse curls in general.

I do mine hanging off my knees

from all my research ive tried different kinds and I think you get the most out of a reverse movement.

also hammer curls

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Inb4 14inch upper arm but wanting to add mass to wrists

w8lifter

w8lifter

Awards
Wrist curls, followed by wrist roller, finished out with “walking the rack”, where you grab heavy dumbbells and hold them for a while, then go down the dumbbell rack with lighter dumbbells until you exhaust your forearms. Small muscles but hurt like heck when you work em

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat both
I like kale if it’s well cooked. Some varieties are difficult to cook to tenderness. I don’t care for it raw. Raw, it’s tough, and the veins are thick and off-putting.

Spinach is good both raw and cooked. It’s never tough, and cooked just to wilting it’s very good and enhances most any soup, stew, omelette, or quiche.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
reverse curls in general.

I do mine hanging off my knees

from all my research ive tried different kinds and I think you get the most out of a reverse movement.

also hammer curls
What is the difference in results between doing hammer curls and Reverse curls?

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wrist curls, followed by wrist roller, finished out with “walking the rack”, where you grab heavy dumbbells and hold them for a while, then go down the dumbbell rack with lighter dumbbells until you exhaust your forearms. Small muscles but hurt like heck when you work em
ok.....

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
Surprised nobody mentionned fat gripz.

Use it when performing any pulling movement and hammer curls.

I also use captain's crush and finger extensions with elastic bands for overall developpement.

w8lifter

w8lifter

Awards

I also use captain's crush and finger extensions with elastic bands for overall developpement.
I have a pair of Fat Gripz and use them with various barbell and dumbbell exercises. Excellent for grip strength.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Will using "Fat Gripz" on your mountain bike help build your forearms?

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will using "Fat Gripz" on your mountain bike help build your forearms?
I definitely would advise against using fat gripz while mountain biking, not a wise time to be trying to build your forearm strength, that's the time to use your forearm strength.

Also, Fat Gripz are pretty big and not designed for bike. Take one jump or bump and they will likely come right off your handle bars.

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
It helps recruiting more motor units [muscle fibres] especially in the elbow flexors [biceps and brachialis].

That means training with thicker diameter handles will build bigger, stronger arms.

Additionaly your brachioradialis is more stressed during any pulling movement.

Finally some users use it for triceps exercices and report more strenght and less pain in the elbows.

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
Why and how do Fat Gripz work exactly?
It helps recruiting more motor units [muscle fibres] especially in the elbow flexors [biceps and brachialis].

That means training with thicker diameter handles will build bigger, stronger arms.

Finally some users use it for triceps exercices and report more strenght and less pain in the elbows.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I definitely would advise against using fat gripz while mountain biking, not a wise time to be trying to build your forearm strength, that's the time to use your forearm strength.

Also, Fat Gripz are pretty big and not designed for bike. Take one jump or bump and they will likely come right off your handle bars.
Thanks!
Is jumping with dumbbells, one way to jump higher?

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Awesome advices!

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

2......!