Ginseng/Ginsenoside-Rg1-Rg3

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone taken and noticed effects?

I'm trying to find a product with a decent dose of Rg1/Rg3. Mostly TEAS which would equal around 15mg per day.

Life Extension has a product which contains 20MG, but it's expensive.

They seem to provide performance benefits, as-well as anti-aging.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I remember going ginseng hunting as a kid in the woods. haha. But in to see what others have to say about this...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone taken and noticed effects?

I'm trying to find a product with a decent dose of Rg1/Rg3. Mostly TEAS which would equal around 15mg per day.

Life Extension has a product which contains 20MG, but it's expensive.

They seem to provide performance benefits, as-well as anti-aging.
I've been playing with a gram of Panax Ginseng powders twice per day. The powder is standardized to 10% ginsenosides. It doesn't give a break down of which ginsenosides.

I am not really sold on it to be honest. Maybe something standardized to a specific ginsenoside would be better - but at 200 mg/day of ginsenosides I would think I'd be getting at least 20 mg of each at least one of those.

I was looking at it for it's seratonin increasing qualities, but the more I play around with seratonin products the more I wonder if we have things all wrong with our theories. Or maybe I don't understand the theories well enough.

I'd love to see what others say....even if anyone has had a positive experience from Ginseng of any sort.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was looking at it for it's seratonin increasing qualities, but the more I play around with seratonin products the more I wonder if we have things all wrong with our theories. Or maybe I don't understand the theories well enough.
As a rule, neurotransmitters are way more complicated than anyone gives them credit for. Most of what you’ll read is horrendously oversimplified. Neurotransmitters are definitely fascinating though, but I’m not sure if I could really tell you much about them. Very complex subject.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As a rule, neurotransmitters are way more complicated than anyone gives them credit for. Most of what you’ll read is horrendously oversimplified. Neurotransmitters are definitely fascinating though, but I’m not sure if I could really tell you much about them. Very complex subject.
Yes. I think the entire idea of serotonin and how it works is messed up though.

I think part of it has to do with the fact that neurotransmitters rely on a bunch of factors - you have the release of the chemical and the uptake - but the uptake is also effected by things like receptor density, which can change. And of course, they all interact with each other too - and with other signaling chemicals. Add to this that it isn't just our brain that uses the chemicals - they are systemically used - and it's just a mess that I don't understand.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been playing with a gram of Panax Ginseng powders twice per day. The powder is standardized to 10% ginsenosides. It doesn't give a break down of which ginsenosides.

I am not really sold on it to be honest. Maybe something standardized to a specific ginsenoside would be better - but at 200 mg/day of ginsenosides I would think I'd be getting at least 20 mg of each at least one of those.

I'd love to see what others say....even if anyone has had a positive experience from Ginseng of any sort.
I've found up to 80% extract on eBay
There was another product I found which is 100mg it claims of the RG1-3

Why we're you looking at it for that purpose?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes. I think the entire idea of serotonin and how it works is messed up though.

I think part of it has to do with the fact that neurotransmitters rely on a bunch of factors - you have the release of the chemical and the uptake - but the uptake is also effected by things like receptor density, which can change. And of course, they all interact with each other too - and with other signaling chemicals. Add to this that it isn't just our brain that uses the chemicals - they are systemically used - and it's just a mess that I don't understand.
Yeah no doubt. Seems like you’re probably in the same boat as me. I’ve tried reading up on it and at the end I’m like “the only thing I’ve actually figured out is how little I know.”

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GEROPROTECT® Longevity A.I

Look up the product, has some information in the write up.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What performance enhancing benefits if any?

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i just use 10g of ground organic ginger (for 6-gingerol) - did same thing as ginseng on fat causing drug rosiglitazone. its cheap.