Lions Mane as a Nootropic

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After watching a podcast with Joe Rogan and Paul Stamets (GREAT WATCH) about Medicinal Shrooms I have become very interested with Lions Mane as a Nootropic. I have already sourced a legitimate brand and am interested in hearing your feedback if you have experimented with Lions Mane.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It has to be used daily but in the first few weeks I started noticing better memory. Deeper sleep seems noticeable too.

No mood, focus, alertness, verbal fluency changes noted.

I use 1-1.5 grams in the morning and another 1-1.5 grams in the evening. I use Nootropics Depot’s Lion mane powder.

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
Im a huge Joe Rogan disciple and that interview was one of his best! I want to trip on shrooms so bad haha. Iv done lions mane and love it....you have to do it everyday aa stated above.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it worth the coin? I mean it's around $35aud for 200g of organic lion's mane

Especially when you have products like Clear Edge around etc

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It has to be used daily but in the first few weeks I started noticing better memory. Deeper sleep seems noticeable too.

No mood, focus, alertness, verbal fluency changes noted.

I use 1-1.5 grams in the morning and another 1-1.5 grams in the evening. I use Nootropics Depot’s Lion mane powder.
Your source of lions mane is what would worry me.

According to my studies maybe sources of lions mane are simply rice.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im a huge Joe Rogan disciple and that interview was one of his best! I want to trip on shrooms so bad haha. Iv done lions mane and love it....you have to do it everyday aa stated above.
Psycolibin + lions mane (as described in the podcast) would be amazing

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Works diffferently then clear edge

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Depends. I really can’t answer if it’s worth the cost for you. How is your memory? I won’t ask about your finances.

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
Its well documented that lions mane increases neuro-genesis...aka birth of new brain cell. We all can use those in a society of inactivity, chemicals, and bad diet.

Side note....its easy to grow your own!

...seld-educate...

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After watching a podcast with Joe Rogan and Paul Stamets (GREAT WATCH) about Medicinal Shrooms I have become very interested with Lions Mane as a Nootropic. I have already sourced a legitimate brand and am interested in hearing your feedback if you have experimented with Lions Mane.
Lion's Mane Elixir from Four Sigmatic. More expensive than most but it's quality.
They have Lion's Mane coffee too but that is dosed a lot lower.

edit: the elixir tastes good

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why would Nootropics Depot concern you?
I’ve read from a board dedicated to mycology (similar to AM and supplementation) that sourcing quality lions mane requires looking into where/how it was grown.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its well documented that lions mane increases neuro-genesis...aka birth of new brain cell. We all can use those in a society of inactivity, chemicals, and bad diet.

Side note....its easy to grow your own!

...seld-educate...
I’ve read how they are grown can make or break on potency

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
As with any mushroom or plants for that matter it depends on the media or whats in the spawn bags...aka food. And when you are harvesting them.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ve read from a board dedicated to mycology (similar to AM and supplementation) that sourcing quality lions mane requires looking into where/how it was grown.
Yes, that is exactly what Nootropics Depot does! They do not use lions mane that is grown on grain or rice. They use the good stuff

I would look into their quality if I were you. You can email them and they wil answer any concern you may have (with internal QA testing) as they do with all of their products.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, that is exactly what Nootropics Depot does! They do not use lions mane that is grown on grain or rice. They use the good stuff

I would look into their quality if I were you. You can email them and they wil answer any concern you may have (with internal QA testing) as they do with all of their products.
Ah! See this I did not know about noot depot. I should have looked into them prior to me making conclusions

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Psilocybin has worked well for me mood wise lately. I haven't noticed anything in regards to memory, though.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Psilocybin has worked well for me mood wise lately. I haven't noticed anything in regards to memory, though.
Microdosing is great for depression or even just improving mood.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes if it was grown on rice it’s crap. So avoid the junk like host defense real mushrooms is great

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone in here try Nootropics Depot 8:1 extract of lions mane? I have been using their regular 1:1 version.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes if it was grown on rice it’s crap. So avoid the junk like host defense real mushrooms is great
Interesting, I just listened to Paul Stamets and Joe Rogan and he seemed very smart, but I thought Host Defense was his company?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What are you gonna do with it?
Eat it! Lol

The plan is to grind it down in a coffee grinder to a powder. But I just peeled off a piece and ate it and tastes pretty good. That brick of lions mane only cost $2.50

I also picked up some more in powder form.
IMG_4536.JPG

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eat it! Lol

The plan is to grind it down in a coffee grinder to a powder. But I just peeled off a piece and ate it and tastes pretty good. That brick of lions mane only cost $2.50

I also picked up some more in powder form...
How much does it weigh? Is it dried?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How much does it weigh? Is it dried?
The brick weighs 17 grams.

I got 60 grams of the powder 1:1 (I will compare it to Nootropics Depot’s lions mane.

I got this stuff from a doctor that sells herbs, vitamins, CBD, adaptogens and even kratom. He sells kratom trees too (6 inch ones and 6 foot ones). He is extremely knowledgeable and a great source to have.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I got 60 grams of the powder 1:1 (I will compare it to Nootropics Depot’s lions mane.

I got this stuff from a doctor that sells herbs, vitamins, CBD, adaptogens and even kratom. He sells kratom trees too (6 inch ones and 6 foot ones). He is extremely knowledgeable and a great source to have.
That’s a solid price. Cool source.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Interesting. Very few doctors know or even will try and learn about natural
Remedies.

KingErgogenic

KingErgogenic

Awards
Just a heads up... Lion's Mane can seriously fu** up your libido if you are sensitive to DHT blockers.... :banghead:

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just a heads up... Lion's Mane can seriously fu** up your libido if you are sensitive to DHT blockers.... :banghead:
Thankfully, lion’s mane doesn’t mess with my libido in any way. Reishi on the other hand has a negative impact on my libido and it comes on quick too.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thankfully, lion’s mane doesn’t mess with my libido in any way. Reishi on the other hand has a negative impact on my libido and it comes on quick too.
Yeah, I haven’t noticed any backsliding in my libido at all.

Been using this (1tsp)
IMG_1134.JPG
daily. If anything I feel it’s slightly increased.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a supplier I get my 10:1 Cordyceps Militaris extract from. He also has a 10:1 Organic Lions Maine(Contains a minimum 30% mushroom polysaccharides, 15% Beta Glucans)grown on wild hardwood substrate . Been thinking of picking some up.

The Militaris is def high quality and all the mushrooms are heavy metal tested and have COAs.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have a supplier I get my 10:1 Cordyceps Militaris extract from. He also has a 10:1 Organic Lions Maine(Contains a minimum 30% mushroom polysaccharides, 15% Beta Glucans)grown on wild hardwood substrate . Been thinking of picking some up.

The Militaris is def high quality and all the mushrooms are heavy metal tested and have COAs.
This might be something interesting.

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Does he ship internationally?

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am still happy with my EU grown mushrooms, German seller.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just bought a 100g of extract.

How is this going for everyone?

Looking forward to adding this to my morning combo of Focus-XT Cordyceps and Rhodiola.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does he ship internationally?
Found him via Reddit and he has an Ebay account. Look up Mushroom Shen. I trust his quality.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just bought a 100g of extract.

How is this going for everyone?

Looking forward to adding this to my morning combo of Focus-XT Cordyceps and Rhodiola.
I’m waiting for my Focus xt to come in and I’ll be adding my blend to it as well. Bump this when/if you notice a difference after you add your extract.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m waiting for my Focus xt to come in and I’ll be adding my blend to it as well. Bump this when/if you notice a difference after you add your extract.
Curious how you like it with Focus XT (independent of the dopamine boosters/stims in Focus XT).

I feel it could be overkill, but who knows

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I may order this, how does it taste?
I mix it in my morning coffee (4-6oz) and barely taste it, it’s a very mild flavor and I think it complements the coffee well.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I mix it in my morning coffee (4-6oz) and barely taste it, it’s a very mild flavor and I think it complements the coffee well.
I will probably do the same. Do you take 1tsp all at once or split twice a day? Also, any acute effects from it that you notice? I went ahead and just ordered it, I've never tried any of those mushrooms before, I am pretty intrigued to see how they work.