Quick review on HH6

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s good stuff, it’s a well dosed product. I really felt it help me keep my gains I made on vector while cutting. Helped the pump in the gym to. There is one undeniable thing though, it messed up my libido.

I had sex the day before yesterday, wacked off yesterday, had sex again, and woke up with ridiculous morning wood. I did not have morning wood nor any libido on it.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I really enjoy the product too for the physical benefits. Probably one of the most effective natty anabolics out there currently... great stuff! Unfortunately, I also seem to have similar sexual side effects too, and possibly lower semen volume.

Typical!

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really enjoy the product too for the physical benefits. Probably one of the most effective natty anabolics out there currently... great stuff! Unfortunately, I also seem to have similar sexual side effects too, and possibly lower semen volume.

Typical!
It’s like a natty anabolic reduces your androgenic function to enhance anabolic function. HH6 is not the only supplement to put my libido down

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s like a natty anabolic reduces your androgenic function to enhance anabolic function. HH6 is not the only supplement to put my libido down
Yeah, that feels exactly like what it going on. Kind of takes the fun out of it..
I have another bottle on the way, but I am not so sure about taking this for extended amounts of time..

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, that feels exactly like what it going on. Kind of takes the fun out of it..
I have another bottle on the way, but I am not so sure about taking this for extended amounts of time..
Did you also have reduced hair growth?

Yeah I upped my dose to pills, it’s cuts it back from 30 to 24 days a bottle. You can make your cut a little more aggressive and take it for a shorter amount of time.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Did you also have reduced hair growth?

Yeah I upped my dose to pills, it’s cuts it back from 30 to 24 days a bottle. You can make your cut a little more aggressive and take it for a shorter amount of time.
I buzz my head so I don’t know there. Body hair and beard have seemed unchanged.

I more or less attribute most of the effects to the Ursolic acid. In reality though, it’s hard for anyone to really determine what role the other ingredients are playing in the positive and negative effects. Short and sweet could be the way to go...

Have you noticed any difference in your joints? My elbows have been problematic, but I am not really sure I can attribute it to HH6...

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I buzz my head so I don’t know there. Body hair and beard have seemed unchanged.

I more or less attribute most of the effects to the Ursolic acid. In reality though, it’s hard for anyone to really determine what role the other ingredients are playing in the positive and negative effects. Short and sweet could be the way to go...

Have you noticed any difference in your joints? My elbows have been problematic, but I am not really sure I can attribute it to HH6...
Hm I don’t believe I have been having joint issues. Even w/o fish oil, I started recently. Your right everything is cause of the UA. I haven’t looked up the others.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What side effects does ursolic acid have? I’ve been on it for the last few months.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What side effects does ursolic acid have? I’ve been on it for the last few months.
Along these lines of DNA damage for starters..
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21703625

Patrick Arnold claims there are studies that show the opposite though. Neither of which have been proven in humans though..

Then there is the spermatogenis issue. Same story there in regards to lack of human data..

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/246878574_Ursolic_acid_generates_symplasts_in_rat_spermatogenic_clones

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then what about the possibility that it acts as an antiandrogen? Again, no human data that I am aware of, but it would explain the sexual sides that myself and OP seem to have experienced.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691512000166

Maybe JakeAntaeus would be able to clarify some of this and how it may translate to humans?
Lol, UA might not be the best thing to take considering I already have a condition that predisposes me to infertility. It was good, but not the best I tried, probably won’t be doing UA again.

Yeah, it killed my sex drive like test boosters do. It’s either some kind of anti androgen or acts as a testosterone mimic in humans maybe?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, UA might not be the best thing to take considering I already have a condition that predisposes me to infertility. It was good, but not the best I tried, probably won’t be doing UA again.

Yeah, it killed my sex drive like test boosters do. It’s either some kind of anti androgen or acts as a testosterone mimic in humans maybe?
My sex drive is still there, but definitely seems decreased. I don’t get erections as easily or as frequently as my baseline etc..

It would seem that there must be someone out there who has gotten bloodwork pre/post UR spray? I don’t know what to think on this one..

Which test boosters or specific ingredients have not treated you well?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Along these lines of DNA damage for starters..
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21703625

Patrick Arnold claims there are studies that show the opposite though. Neither of which have been proven in humans though..

Then there is the spermatogenis issue. Same story there though in regards to lack of human data..

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/246878574_Ursolic_acid_generates_symplasts_in_rat_spermatogenic_clones
Interesting.
I read examine.com’s page on UA and saw the spermatogenesis issue and how it decreased loads in rats. After three months on UR spray tho may load hasn’t noticeably decreased. The last few times I’ve cum the load has varied and two days ago I shot a big load so for now I’m not too worried about that.
As for its effects on androgens. Anecdotally it may decrease my libido a bit but it doesn’t seem to have a big effect

The most offputting thing for me is that the examine.com page said that in rats it didn’t increase lean muscle mass and only increased power output and IGF-1 temporarily whilst the rats were being given UA. Additionally, contrary to UR spray’s claimed benefits, it wasn’t found to decrease body fat in rats either.
This means that it’s usefulness for bodybuilders is limited and for me it doesn’t justify the £70 price tag.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^ my phone struggles with AM’s site and I can’t edit the above post.

One factor when it comes to libido is that my baseline for testosterone is ~1020 (top 2.5%) so even if it does have a negative impact on androgens perhaps I’d be less likely to notice as I’d still be considered to have high testosterone

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^
So it appears there was one human study that focused on the potential benefits during resistance training. All things considered, examine ranked them as minor at best.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25352765

However, it does not seem that the participants were given ursolic acid that had any absorption enhancement. Therefore only 0.06% (oral bioavailability per examine) of the UA was actually absorbed. Based on this, we can assume that the Ursolic Acid Cyclodextrin Complex in HH6, or the transdermal preparation in Ur-Spray would yield more significant results.

Along with this, we can also assume that the aforementioned side effects that have no human studies would also be more likely to occur (if they actually occur in humans) with the more bioavailable products.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^
So it appears there was one human study that focused on the potential benefits during resistance training. All things considered, examine ranked them as minor at best.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25352765

However, it does not seem that the participants were given ursolic acid that had any absorption enhancement. Therefore only 0.06% (oral bioavailability per examine) of the UA was actually absorbed. Based on this, we can assume that the Ursolic Acid Cyclodextrin Complex in HH6 is, or the transdermal preparation in Ur-Spray would yield more significant results.

Along with this, we can also assume that the aforementioned side effects that have no human studies would also be more likely to occur (if they actually occur in humans) with the more bioavailable products.
One question that concerns me though, is whether or not UA can increase muscle growth or leave users with increased strength post-cessation.
The paper says that whilst participents on UA’s strength was significantly increased during the experiment and ‘body fat percentage was significantly decreased (p<0.001) in the RT+UA group’, ‘body weight, body mass index, lean body mass, glucose, and insulin levels remained unchanged’.
I’m a little confused as to how their body fat percentage could’ve decreased if their body weight and lean body mass were unchanged.

If the participents’ lean body mass didn’t change then did UA induce enhanced muscle growth?
Additionally, I’m disappointed that the researchers didn’t monitor the subjects after the experiment as I’d like to whether or not their strength returned to baseline after they stopped taking UA

There’s a Russian ecdysteroid that I was researching earlier this year called rhanderol / rhaponticum. The articles cited by examine.com and the individual accounts that people on AM gave all said that rhanderol supplementation leads to significant increases in strength and MPS. The issue however, is that none of the papers cited followed the participants after the experiments ended, whilst the AM folks broadly said that their strength slowly returned to their pre-supplementation level or at best, decreased significantly. It needs to be said that less than half a dozen people on AM posted saying that they’d tried rhanderol.

Rhanderol is a plant-derived ecdysteroid extracted from maral root.
Ursolic acid is a plant-derived ecdysteroid commonly extracted from rosemary.

Ursolic acid is starting to sound rather similar to rhanderol to me

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All good questions...

I think it is fair to say that with cessation comes the lack of any sustained benefits, as with most natty and hormonal anabolics. I wouldn’t expect anything different from UA. That is confusing about the total body weight, body fat, and lean mass claims.

Funny enough, I actually used two bottles of a product called Super Rhanderol a few years ago and noticed nothing.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All good questions...

I think it is fair to say that with cessation comes the lack of any sustained benefits, as with most natty and hormonal anabolics. I wouldn’t expect anything different from UA. That is confusing about the total body weight, body fat, and lean mass claims.

Funny enough, I actually used two bottles of a product called Super Rhanderol a few years ago and noticed nothing.
Is it , that sucks. Weren’t those like $60 a bottle or something?

I didn’t know that about natty anabolics. Do the benefits of laxogenin, epicatechin and fos cava fade after cessation?
More precisely, I know that the strength boost from those fades upon cessation but will you lose some of the gains you’d made, like lose muscle mass?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ricky10
I concluded my run of UA (from UR spray + some caps) yesterday after about three months on. I’ll let you guys know how things go

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My sex drive is still there, but definitely seems decreased. I don’t get erections as easily or as frequently as my baseline etc..

It would seem that there must be someone out there who has gotten bloodwork pre/post UR spray? I don’t know what to think on this one..

Which test boosters or specific ingredients have not treated you well?
Alphamax and CEL M test.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is it , that sucks. Weren’t those like $60 a bottle or something?

I didn’t know that about natty anabolics. Do the benefits of laxogenin, epicatechin and fos cava fade after cessation?
More precisely, I know that the strength boost from those fades upon cessation but will you lose some of the gains you’d made, like lose muscle mass?
I got Rhanderol B1G1 50% off, but yeah...it was an expensive product!
I don’t think we can generalize about any of the natty anabolics out there during or post cycle. Everyone seems to have a different experience on all of them. One thing that I am consistently on is (-)-epi from one source or another. Largely from FD2 which I have more or less been using since it was realeased. I enjoy the muscle pump and acute performance enhancement during my workouts.
I don’t really know what would happen if I stopped it because I don’t want to :) As far as actual muscle gained during a natty cycle and then retained afterward will largely be diet/training dependent....as is always true. These Supps are just tools to help us along the way and have been the subject of debate in many threads. We all just have to use what seems to compliment our goals the best. Or just pass them by and not use any of them..ha! I happen to be a person that enjoys experimenting with them though..
Alphamax and CEL M test.
I would consider trying something without a stinging nettle derived extract and see if you have a more positive test booster experience. OL K1NGS BLOOD or TEST1FY would be two top options that I would personally recommend..

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would consider trying something without a stinging nettle derived extract and see if you have a more positive test booster experience. OL K1NGS BLOOD or TEST1FY would be two top options that I would personally recommend..
thanks for the recommendation.
Yeah stinging nettle is an abysmal ingredient IMO. Maybe I Will try these one day if they are still around by the time I’m older or if I ever do a cycle. For now I’m just gonna stick to things classified as “natural anabolics” for now. Which is good now, because I feel like years ago, a test booster coulda been lumped together as a natty anabolic. Today I can say that, and not be mistaken for what I meant.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thanks for the recommendation.
Yeah stinging nettle is an abysmal ingredient IMO. Maybe I Will try these one day if they are still around by the time I’m older or if I ever do a cycle. For now I’m just gonna stick to things classified as “natural anabolics” for now. Which is good now, because I feel like years ago, a test booster coulda been lumped together as a natty anabolic. Today I can say that, and not be mistaken for what I meant.
I thought stinging nettle extract just improves the percentage of total testosterone that's free by reducing SHBG?
So how would it impact your libido?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought stinging nettle extract just improves the percentage of total testosterone that's free by reducing SHBG?
Stinging nettle reduces the 5AR enzyme which converts test to DHT. DHT is very androgenic but not anabolic. Not so important for muscle size, but responsible for things such as manly features, hair growth, strength, voice, sex drive.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Stinging nettle reduces the 5AR enzyme which converts test to DHT. DHT is very androgenic but not anabolic. Not so important for muscle size, but responsible for things such as manly features, hair growth, strength, voice, sex drive.
This would make sense. When I used for the few runs I added into, I did not notice much of anything as far as sides.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There’s just not enough info on stinging nettle to be honest. It’s generally included in test boosters because there’s research showing some compounds in it directly bind to SHBG, in theory displacing test, which would lead to increased free test. It’s supposed to inhibit 5AR, as someone else said, which should help keep DHT levels down, but unbinding test could also lead to more enzyme interaction with both 5AR as well as aromatase even. Honestly, I’m starting to think SHBG fighting compounds might be overrated, as I recall, there’s evidence bound test can still interact with the androgen receptor. The main benefit I would imagine stinging nettle would give is on the prostrate. DHT is active in the prostate but generally doesn’t do too much damage without estrogen helping out. I’ve read somewhere that in order for estrogen to do this, it has to be complexed with SHBG. So if you can unbind the estrogen and lower DHT, you should have a happy prostate in theory. But for bodybuilding purposes, I think nettle is a little overrated.