musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Testosterone Revolution

Whispers of a revolutionary test booster unlike anything we’ve seen before have started to circulate around the industry, and for good reason.

An undisclosed company is getting set to launch the first liquid test booster that is not only odorless, but also almost completely tasteless, meaning it can deliver an oral dose of test boosting ingredients in... READ MORE

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isn't geranylgeraniol (the main ingredient) a pheromone that attracts bugs? So I'll get huge arms, legs and cardio benefits because I'll be waving my arms and running all over the place trying to escape amorous insects.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isn't geranylgeraniol (the main ingredient) a pheromone that attracts bugs? So I'll get huge arms, legs and cardio benefits because I'll be waving my arms and running all over the place trying to escape amorous insects.
Just in case you are bulking.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If it's that good , not going to fly under the radar for long

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The new testosterone booster was tested in testis-derived tumor cells, and the AI was tested in isolated ovary cells? Not exactly promising for a male bodybuilder.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some more info from the manufacturer:

"The core ingredient is Geranylgeraniol. This is a terpene which is ubiquitous in nature and vital to animal life, but it is everywhere in trace amounts, so it was extremely difficult to isolate and extract.

Geranylgeraniol has been shown, in several recent papers out of Japan, to increase testosterone levels in animals to a truly remarkable extent -- in fact, to such an extent that animals receiving geranylgeraniol saw their testosterone levels double. This can be attributed to the following mechanism of action: Geranylgeraniol potently increases cyclic AMP (cAMP) levels, which then activate the cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA), which then boosts mRNA and protein levels of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR)... and StAR is the rate-limiting gatekeeper of steroid biosynthesis in Leydig cells.

It's worth mentioning that boosting cAMP/PKA can also induce a wide variety of other effects which have, in themselves, little to do with enhanced testosterone biosynthesis -- and that all of these additional effects are positive. They include enhanced fatty acid oxidation, enhanced muscle glycogen synthesis, and vasodilation.

It may be tempting to compare geranylgeraniol to forskolin -- another known PKA-boosting substance -- but forskolin has essentially zero oral bioavailability, and its use is primarily associated with GI distress, whereas geranylgeraniol is very well absorbed, has good oral bioavailability, and won't induce uncomfortable side effects at any dose.

Geranylgeraniol is, for good reason, the core ingredient in Ultratest."

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The new testosterone booster was tested in testis-derived tumor cells, and the AI was tested in isolated ovary cells? Not exactly promising for a male bodybuilder.
That's why we are going to buy it, and pay to be the lab rats.
If it does not work then everyone else will learn not to buy it.
It's like public service in this respect. ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Some more info from the manufacturer:

"The core ingredient is Geranylgeraniol. This is a terpene which is ubiquitous in nature and vital to animal life, but it is everywhere in trace amounts, so it was extremely difficult to isolate and extract.

Geranylgeraniol has been shown, in several recent papers out of Japan, to increase testosterone levels in animals to a truly remarkable extent -- in fact, to such an extent that animals receiving geranylgeraniol saw their testosterone levels double. This can be attributed to the following mechanism of action: Geranylgeraniol potently increases cyclic AMP (cAMP) levels, which then activate the cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA), which then boosts mRNA and protein levels of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR)... and StAR is the rate-limiting gatekeeper of steroid biosynthesis in Leydig cells.

It's worth mentioning that boosting cAMP/PKA can also induce a wide variety of other effects which have, in themselves, little to do with enhanced testosterone biosynthesis -- and that all of these additional effects are positive. They include enhanced fatty acid oxidation, enhanced muscle glycogen synthesis, and vasodilation.

It may be tempting to compare geranylgeraniol to forskolin -- another known PKA-boosting substance -- but forskolin has essentially zero oral bioavailability, and its use is primarily associated with GI distress, whereas geranylgeraniol is very well absorbed, has good oral bioavailability, and won't induce uncomfortable side effects at any dose.

Geranylgeraniol is, for good reason, the core ingredient in Ultratest."
Danes

RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks GHhopkins, this looks interesting for sure..

That's why we are going to buy it, and pay to be the lab rats.
If it does not work then everyone else will learn not to buy it.
It's like public service in this respect. ;)

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hahahaha! petri dish "boosting" :) do not buy this until company selling, post blood test results on marketing page. no matter how many caveats they attach, this puts them on "hook" reputation wise. no blood test results, no buy. they do it with "10,000% more muscle" all the time - do it with ng/dl numbers. feel bad for teenager with not a lot of money to start.

Joepower

Joepower

Awards
hahahaha! petri dish "boosting" :) do not buy this until company selling, post blood test results on marketing page. no matter how many caveats they attach, this puts them on "hook" reputation wise. no blood test results, no buy. they do it with "10,000% more muscle" all the time - do it with ng/dl numbers. feel bad for teenager with not a lot of money to start.
That's all fine and dandy but as long as this supp not overpriced im happy to test on myself. I like to test new ingredients.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Geranylgeraniol is definitely interesting and it seems to be potent Testosterone booster and even muscle mass upregulator

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Geranylgeraniol is definitely interesting and it seems to be potent Testosterone booster and even muscle mass upregulator
Based on what? I’ve only looked at the study referenced in the article. That one was not promising. Are there other studies on it?

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Coming fresh off rumors of a promising new test booster earlier this month, we have confirmation that Antaeus Labs is ready to release Ultra Test this week.

Ultra Test is slated to be the one of the first in the next generation....READ MORE

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Knowing Wich company made the product now, I do not want!

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bored with the current test boosters, so I paid to be a lab rat. I will report back with N=1 results.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nothing personal. Does not look like a big comany that can test there product before relaxing them, I think I saw them on YouTube and the are mainly the owner of tgb supplement, am I wrong?

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm most intrigued by this line. Did I miss something about Forskolin being pointless to take? Or just a bunch of propaganda.

JakeAntaeus

JakeAntaeus

Awards
Based on what? I’ve only looked at the study referenced in the article. That one was not promising. Are there other studies on it?
The fulltext of the study contains an in vivo component that you may have missed. (In fairness, it's not mentioned in the abstract at all.)
GGOH testosterone.png

More information will come out shortly.

JakeAntaeus

JakeAntaeus

Awards
Nothing personal. Does not look like a big comany that can test there product before relaxing them, I think I saw them on YouTube and the are mainly the owner of tgb supplement, am I wrong?
I don't think there's a company that takes product testing more seriously than we do.

For instance, we developed the geranylgeraniol extract ourselves. We bought a standard from Sigma:
Sigma standard.png

(They say >85% purity, was actually 88.5%.)

Then we purified -- and standardized -- our oil extract to 22%.

Standardized oil.png

Standardized oil2.png

Now we have a replicable process for developing and testing this ingredient. The other ingredients that the product contains, e.g. phytol and eurycoma longfolia, are also, of course, tested before use.

As an aside, we are friends with TGB, but they have nothing to do with the ownership or operation of Antaeus Labs.

JakeAntaeus

JakeAntaeus

Awards
The known rate-limiting factor in forskolin's bioavailbility is its solubility. Forskolin is basically insoluble in water, so dry forskolin has extremely poor oral bioavailability. In this respect, it may be worse than any other ingredient in common use. That is to say, bioavailability well under 1% is a safe bet.

And there's an unknown factor, a wild-card: Nobody knows how forskolin is metabolized in vivo. The small fraction that's absorbed could be subject to an almost complete first-pass effect.

For these reasons, I wouldn't recommend forskolin.

-RONIN-

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Knowing Wich company made the product now, I do not want!
Wow, strong words. One of the most innovative and trustworthy companies of the industry. Do you know the products tjat Antaeus bring in the past???

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The known rate-limiting factor in forskolin's bioavailbility is its solubility. Forskolin is basically insoluble in water, so dry forskolin has extremely poor oral bioavailability. In this respect, it may be worse than any other ingredient in common use. That is to say, bioavailability well under 1% is a safe bet.

And there's an unknown factor, a wild-card: Nobody knows how forskolin is metabolized in vivo. The small fraction that's absorbed could be subject to an almost complete first-pass effect.

For these reasons, I wouldn't recommend forskolin.
I appreciate all the info! I can’t wait to see the full write up. I actually hadn’t ever heard this about forskolin, I’ll have to read up on that some more.

JakeAntaeus

JakeAntaeus

Awards
I appreciate all the info! I can’t wait to see the full write up. I actually hadn’t ever heard this about forskolin, I’ll have to read up on that some more.
We were very surprised when we started looking into forskolin. It's very popular as a pharmaceutical probe compound for cell-line experiments, but it turns out that the data on its use in humans or animals is very poor.

There's a Chinese paper -- as far as I can tell, available only in Chinese -- which states that the oral bioavailability of Forskolin in rats is 0.52%. (Table 2, F(%). I can't read Chinese, either, but that part's fortunately clear!)

The fulltext of the paper I linked to previously is here, and its reference #4 is that Chinese paper. This newer paper indicates that solubility, not permeability, is what limits forskolin's oral bioavailability. That, in other words, it's a classic BCS Class II substance -- and a very extreme example of that type, as its solubility in water seems to be somewhere under 0.01mg per ml.

Forskolin also happens to be a P-gp substrate, which means that there's a protein that tries to block its absorption -- and, if absorbed, tries to kick it out of circulation. This, in itself, typically reduces bioavailability quite markedly.

And then there's the twist. The paper closes with: "Unfortunately, no studies describing the metabolism of forskolin in vivo have been reported so far." As far as I can tell, this was true at the time the paper was written, and it remains true now. Even if forskolin is absorbed, what happens to it from that point on is anybody's guess.

So forskolin is a compound with near-zero solubility, which also happens to be a P-gp substrate, and nobody knows how it's metabolized. Seems to me that 0.52% bioavailability is pretty good, under the circumstances! But it still means that of a 50mg dose of forskolin, only ~250mcg can be utilized.

Back on topic: I don't think that people who buy Ultratest are "N=1 labrats." Tongkat Ali is already very highly regarded and well-studied as a testosterone booster, and here it's combined with liquid VD3 and K2 -- the latter at a real solid dose. In addition to that already solid base, the product contains a couple of innovative ingredients, which we're very proud of, and which should impart many additional benefits.

Reactions: Em3
rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Surprised there is more action in here, after seeing the above posts I am happy with my purchase (as of now)

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think there's a company that takes product testing more seriously than we do.

For instance, we developed the geranylgeraniol extract ourselves. We bought a standard from Sigma:
View attachment 171413

(They say >85% purity, was actually 88.5%.)

Then we purified -- and standardized -- our oil extract to 22%.

View attachment 171414
View attachment 171415

Now we have a replicable process for developing and testing this ingredient. The other ingredients that the product contains, e.g. phytol and eurycoma longfolia, are also, of course, tested before use.

As an aside, we are friends with TGB, but they have nothing to do with the ownership or operation of Antaeus Labs.
Good sir, please accept my apologies! Thank you for the clarification!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess this explains why F95 has always seemed like a useless ingredient for me. I have dosed it at 100mg/day plenty of times and never noticed anything.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you have them mixed up with someone else.

Antaeus Labs has been around for years, they bring compounds to the market that everyone else then copys.

I'd say their arguably one of the most innovative brands on the market.

If you have any questions about them, ask JakeAntaeus, he's the man behind it all and a very high intregrity individual.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm thinking about taking 1mL in the AM and 1mL in the PM... Mine should be delivered tomorrow.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Jake has anyone on your staff used this and what results were they seeing

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey Jake has anyone on your staff used this and what results were they seeing
I'm sure Jake will drop in with some for info, but here's what he told our team,

"We've got a few loggers here, and I've been using the product myself. It is fortunately quite tasteless -- and what little taste it has is pleasant: Grassy, vegetable-like, and fresh. Not bitter at all. This makes it extremely easy to take.

In terms of effect: Improvements in mood and libido are marked -- all testers noticed this. Improvements in body composition are slower, but people are definitely commenting upon it. Some have noticed improvements in complexion and appetite. I think that I'm going to keep taking this one indefinitely."

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just ordered 2 bottles!
I am literally running out of room for places to keep all of my supplements though :confused:

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn I just ordered a bunch of Antaeus Labs products lol