Why isn't Pregnenolone more popular?

dbuckley82

dbuckley82

Awards
  • Established
Seems to me like one of the few 'wow this works' supplements at a low price range, and the list of benefits and quality of reviews suggests that this should be more prominent, but I hardly hear about it. I am aware there are some slight side effects, but nothing that really concerned me.

Any thoughts on Pregnenolone? A must try? I'm 36, young enough to see a benefit?

Thank you in advance, gentlemen!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
IMO I think it is because it is not one of those Supps that give you a rush of energy, so people don’t see the overall value in it. It’s more of a sustained energy level and effects.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Because it’s the mother hormone. It converts to test, estrogen and cortisol depending on your needs/state

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Preg is a pretty potent neurosteroid but the problem is the absorbability. Like any exogenous hormone, it can be a good thing if you're deficient in it but unwanted side effects/conversion could possibly arise.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
several guys using preg to cut back on stims...seems to be pretty effective

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
mr. godstregth provided this from dr crisler -

Much of Pregnenolone’s benefits are because it is converted in the body to Allopregnenolone, which is like Nature’s benzodiazepine (i.e. Valium, Xanax, Ativan). That is why it can be so effective (and safe!), for treating serious issues such as anxiety, and depression. In fact, Pregnenolone was routinely—and very effectively—employed to treat anxiety, depression, and adrenal insufficiency in the United States in the 1930’s and 40’s....To treat anxiety with oral PREG (hopefully, the Sustained Release version), take right before going to bed at night. We usually start with 30-50mg. IF you are not groggy in the morning, and are still suffering anxiety during the day, try taking a similar dose with breakfast. Some people can only tolerate 10mg, once per day. Others use as much as 300mg per day, in divided doses. Is PREG powerful? I’ve seen people go into a stupor on fairly low doses…don’t drive or operate machinery until you have tried it safely.
i take 100mg at night per my dr for hrt - so if it has acute effect, i not notice it (although I take it actually around 7pm - still nothing noticeable) so its very individual dependent it seems. if it does as above, i wouldn't want it pre-workout, lol!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
mr. godstregth provided this from dr crisler -

i take 100mg at night per my dr for hrt - so if it has acute effect, i not notice it (although I take it actually around 7pm - still nothing noticeable) so its very individual dependent it seems. if it does as above, i wouldn't want it pre-workout, lol!
I recommend using iconic formulations transdermal preg and applying it in the morning.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I recommend using iconic formulations transdermal preg and applying it in the morning.
Can vouch as well. I used their preg and was pleasantly surprised.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, but not enough to cause an issue.
agreed!!!

my trt is 100mg weekly and no AI, I can use preg along with my trt and have no issues.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
agreed!!!

my trt is 100mg weekly and no AI, I can use preg along with my trt and have no issues.
What’s the best brand?

I am suspect to estrogen issues though. Very prone

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
only if you don't have the benzodiazepene effect, i would say, so test needed. if it is as dr crisler stated (for indiv that are effected that way), it would be like starting day with xanax :)

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
only if you don't have the benzodiazepene effect, i would say, so test needed. if it is as dr crisler stated (for indiv that are effected that way), it would be like starting day with xanax :)
When I tried it a while back, the effect varied based on how it was taken. Oral pregnenolone was very calming/sedating. However, sublingual was very stimulating. Never tried transdermal.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When I tried it a while back, the effect varied based on how it was taken. Oral pregnenolone was very calming/sedating. However, sublingual was very stimulating. Never tried transdermal.
Transdermal wasn't exactly stimulating as it was awakening. For me it was like having a full battery with a higher capacity, instead of a regular battery that's just pumping more amps.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but the clarity and sense of wellbeing is hard to explain with normal descriptors.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What’s the best brand?

I am suspect to estrogen issues though. Very prone
if estrogen is a worry then I suggest dermacrine-it has both preg and dhea plus a mild anti-aromatase added.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Transdermal wasn't exactly stimulating as it was awakening. For me it was like having a full battery with a higher capacity, instead of a regular battery that's just pumping more amps.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but the clarity and sense of wellbeing is hard to explain with normal descriptors.
sounds like you enjoy it as much as I do!!!

thanks for sharing.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
if estrogen is a worry then I suggest dermacrine-it has both preg and dhea plus a mild anti-aromatase added.
This is exactly my worry when I think about ever experimenting with it for lethargy and anxiety issues I suffer. Ashwaghanda seemed to work , but it also made me feel a bit “off” if that makes sense. I think it actually made my anxiety worse but with the relaxing effects of Ashw, I couldn’t tell. Loved the body composition effects , though.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is exactly my worry when I think about ever experimenting with it for lethargy and anxiety issues I suffer. Ashwaghanda seemed to work , but it also made me feel a bit “off” if that makes sense. I think it actually made my anxiety worse but with the relaxing effects of Ashw, I couldn’t tell. Loved the body composition effects , though.
dermacrine sounds like better option over solo preg for this reason...

do some research, many guys find Invictus very good for anxiety and is also excellent for body composition.

dermacrine is at iconicformulations.com

Invictus is at ironlegion.com

my code THEBIGT will get 25% off at both sites...

good luck!!!

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Forgive my stupidity but doesn’t DHEA also increase estrogen

I can’t stand anti-aromatase supplements. Always get the worst side effects

Maybe I’ll give a oral a go

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Forgive my stupidity but doesn’t DHEA also increase estrogen
Broadly speaking, I guess the answer is yes. DHEA is often looked at as a precursor hormone, it can be converted into many sex hormones. It won’t necessarily increase estrogen, but it’s similar to taking testosterone. While testosterone itself doesn’t “increase” estrogen, it provides substrate for aromatase, which can of course lead to an increase in estrogen.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I made similar observations.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

That sounds pretty good. I'm not sure I completely understand the description but that probably just means I need more awakening/clarity. :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That sounds pretty good. I'm not sure I completely understand the description but that probably just means I need more awakening/clarity. :)
lol...repped for cleverness!!!

don't forget to use my code and save 25%

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Ive been taking 5mg of preg right before bed the past couple months and I finally have my sleep back after a couple of years of tossing and turning. It really has turned my life around at 46. I wake feeling great not to mention libido is up amd ive leaned out. I will not go above 5mg. No estrogens sides at all.

Reactions: JYD
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ive been taking 5mg of preg right before bed the past couple months and I finally have my sleep back after a couple of years of tossing and turning. It really has turned my life around at 46. I wake feeling great not to mention libido is up amd ive leaned out. I will not go above 5mg. No estrogens sides at all.
Glad this is going well for you.