What's the best fat burning supplement available today??

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the best fat burning supplement available today if I need to lose about 30 pounds in two months?

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Cardio + weights with some green tea. Green tea can boost your metabolism and keep it up for 6 hours

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
What's the best fat burning supplement available today if I need to lose about 30 pounds in two months?
First off, losing 30 pounds in 2 months is unrealistic. I would first begin by adjusting your goal - either increase the time you allot to lose 30 pounds, or set a more realistic goal for a 2 month period. If you are currently eating poorly and are very inactive, the best weight loss you'll see is appx. 2 pounds per week at the most. So, for 2 months, 8 weeks - you're looking at 16lbs lost at the most.

Second, fat burners are not going to make or break your progress. A supplement can help, but losing weight consistently over a 2 month period will require attention to proper diet and cardio/exercise. These two areas are much more important than supplementation.

What are you current stats? And what does your diet and exercise look like currently?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Check out True Shred by Hard Rock Supplements. There are some logs on it in the supplement logs section to.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First off, losing 30 pounds in 2 months is unrealistic. I would first begin by adjusting your goal - either increase the time you allot to lose 30 pounds, or set a more realistic goal for a 2 month period. If you are currently eating poorly and are very inactive, the best weight loss you'll see is appx. 2 pounds per week at the most. So, for 2 months, 8 weeks - you're looking at 16lbs lost at the most.

Second, fat burners are not going to make or break your progress. A supplement can help, but losing weight consistently over a 2 month period will require attention to proper diet and cardio/exercise. These two areas are much more important than supplementation.

What are you current stats? And what does your diet and exercise look like currently?
I agree 100 percent!

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I heard shredded af by Steele is crazy good

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yohimbine hcl (SNS yohimbine 2.5) + ephedrine + caffiene (SNS caffiene) is prob the best natural stack possible

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is such a loaded question. As previously discussed, weight training cardio, proper food intake, caloric deficit then supplements last.

What works for one may not work for another.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I agree 100 percent!
I agree with BEAST73 agreeing to this 100%.

There is no magic here. Unless you can go back in time and start the diet sooner? That would help.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
this is completely untrue depending on his starting point... hell, im relatively lean now but could cut out all carbs (and I'm already pretty low) plus tweak things a bit more and drop 10lb this week... if he's seriously fat, dropping 5+lb a week is not at all unrealistic... look at the biggest loser folks... the fatter you are, the more weight you can drop in a given time period (to an extent).

2Burnt

Awards
this is completely untrue depending on his starting point... hell, im relatively lean now but could cut out all carbs (and I'm already pretty low) plus tweak things a bit more and drop 10lb this week... if he's seriously fat, dropping 5+lb a week is not at all unrealistic... look at the biggest loser folks... the fatter you are, the more weight you can drop in a given time period (to an extent).
Your right in those regards. But in general it's unrealistic. EC for an overweight/obese person can lose that much for sure. Nothings quicker than losing the first 30 lbs. But it's not reasonable to think like that forever.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
While it may be possible, losing more than 2 pounds per week for most people will require significant efforts. Realistically, expecting much more will lead to disappointment.

Now, to your point there are some caveats. The first is that someone who has 100+ pounds to lose may lose it faster, but even on a PSMF eating 600-800 calories a day I never really lost more tha. 3.5-4 pounds per week when I had about 90 pounds to lose. That's 32 pounds in 2 months ....and pretty extreme.

The other caveat, as you also said, is that water weight can fluctuate rapidly.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Would cutting out all carbs and dropping 10 pounds in a week be a sustainable approach? No.
Would you be able to keep the weight off and still enjoy life and live well? No.
Would you be able to continuously drop 10 pounds per week consistently? No.

My suggestion and advice is a recommendation for long term success with weight loss, not a crash diet that will leave OP stalling in progress after 2-3 months. I agree that the more you have to lose the more you can drop, but encouraging an unsustainable method and recommending stacking multiple stims is not the right approach.

AntSoldier

Awards
  • Established
Cut out all carbs and still be in calorie surplus you will still gain. Keto bulking is possible. Its all about a calorie deficit. How you get there is up to you, cut carbs or use stims or the dreaded cardio or a combination of the above. A calorie controlled diet is in my opinion your first goal. But your protein and fat needs add enough carbs uo to your calorie needs. Then add the above extras helpers

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ephedrine and caffeine - proven in numerous actual clinical trials with fat humans. canada guys have it on the shelf, usa guys have to go to the pharmacy. i assume we're talking FAT loss and not WEIGHT loss (unless you are in a weight class?). glycogen weighs something, and the water it pulls along for the ride weighs something - 3 times as much iirc. muscle also weighs something, but i highly doubt you want to lose that. going low low carb or keto will initially cause a lot of *weight* loss from the carbs and water - but once its gone you're back to fat loss, which, if it was possible to lose 15 pounds a fat in a month, we'd all do it and be on magazine covers. weight lifting is glycolytic, i'd personally want the performance in the gym to build, or at least maintain the tissue that actually uses the fat for energy. really fat guys can lose at a slightly greater rate, but 15lbs of *fat* in a month? i don't know - those biggest loser people probably lose a ton of muscle (i'm sure its been studied?) - which is usually an overblown worry when doing a "normal -500 to -750 deficit. good luck!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Would cutting out all carbs and dropping 10 pounds in a week be a sustainable approach? No.
Would you be able to keep the weight off and still enjoy life and live well? No.
Would you be able to continuously drop 10 pounds per week consistently? No.

My suggestion and advice is a recommendation for long term success with weight loss, not a crash diet that will leave OP stalling in progress after 2-3 months. I agree that the more you have to lose the more you can drop, but encouraging an unsustainable method and recommending stacking multiple stims is not the right approach.
He asked for advice on how to lose 30lb in two months not how to change his lifestyle. Just trying to answer the question presented. You’re 100% correct if the question was “how do I lose and sustain weight loss over the long term” but it simply wasn’t.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to have good results with Sesamin oil/Sesathin but can't find it anymore. It seems they all discontinued making it and I can't understand why. If someone knows where to find some, let us know.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
He asked for advice on how to lose 30lb in two months not how to change his lifestyle. Just trying to answer the question presented. You’re 100% correct if the question was “how do I lose and sustain weight loss over the long term” but it simply wasn’t.
Touche!

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
While it may be possible, losing more than 2 pounds per week for most people will require significant efforts. Realistically, expecting much more will lead to disappointment.

Now, to your point there are some caveats. The first is that someone who has 100+ pounds to lose may lose it faster, but even on a PSMF eating 600-800 calories a day I never really lost more tha. 3.5-4 pounds per week when I had about 90 pounds to lose. That's 32 pounds in 2 months ....and pretty extreme.

The other caveat, as you also said, is that water weight can fluctuate rapidly.
No doubt psmf is probably the way to go if 30lbs in 2 months is the goal. It’s about what I lost in 8 weeks. I still do it for a week at a time here and there.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Your right in those regards. But in general it's unrealistic. EC for an overweight/obese person can lose that much for sure. Nothings quicker than losing the first 30 lbs. But it's not reasonable to think like that forever.
I would hate to hear of obese people taking ephedrine, Yikes. Can you say heart attack? Most guys on here will tell you if your overweight stay away from AAS. I'm sure they affect the heart equally bad... I didn't read the thread but obese people need 0 supplements to lose the first weight. They just have to move their bodies more, and change there eating habits

daxiang

Awards
  • Established
I thought one should avoid taking yohimbine with ephedrine+caff.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
It isn't recommended to use both right away, but if you've used EC and are comfortable with your stimulant intake, adding in yohimbine can help target some of the more stubborn fat areas. If you decide to try EC+Y, make sure you start with a very low dose of yohimbine to assess tolerance. This stack has been a great success for me in combination with fasted cardio

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
like said above, there is *possible* problem, but not guaranteed. they both target different receptors (alpha 2 and beta 2/3) and the heart has both - so it's possible high heart rate could occur. so you can test by starting with tiny amounts and checking pulse. if you want to be safe, just don't take the yohimbine - i don't think you'd be missing much - insulin kills its effect (if it even works -debatable based on *all* research) so you can't take it throughout the day like eph, and you don't "burn" that much fat in 45 min of cardio.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would hate to hear of obese people taking ephedrine, Yikes. Can you say heart attack? Most guys on here will tell you if your overweight stay away from AAS. I'm sure they affect the heart equally bad... I didn't read the thread but obese people need 0 supplements to lose the first weight. They just have to move their bodies more, and change there eating habits
What? Plenty of obese people take ephedrine. In fact, there are tons of studies, and analysis/reviews of hundreds of thousands of people, who were prescribed ephedrine and caffeine daily (multiple times a day) for months. The combination is actually quite safe and very well tolerated, even for prolonged periods of time. I agree that fixing/changing exercise and diet should be the first step, and is more important than any supplements/drugs, but EC is actually one of the most proven, both in regards to safety and effectiveness. I second staying away from AAS if you're obese though, that much makes a lot of sense.

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ephedrine HCL and Yohimbine HCL are both pharmaceuticals drugs, not herbal dietary supplements. Both have associated risks. Many would argue that Y is more harmful than E. One obviously got more bad press from atheletes taking and doing max capacity workouts in 100 degree weather than the other and thus got an fda ban. Ephedrine is commonly used by anasthesiologists for blood pressure and heart rate support of unstable vitals in surgery. I believe Yohimbine HCL is used in other countries for similar purposes and I believe some countries have banned it in dietary supps

They both have a wide array of literature available on them as they are both pharmaceuticals if you are anyone is curious about researching the safety of them.

Yohimbine causes my pupils to dialate, goosebumps, cold sweats, anxiety, shakes. Alpha Y is somewhat better tolerated by me if I have developed a tolerance to caffiene and keep the dose ultra low.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It isn't recommended to use both right away, but if you've used EC and are comfortable with your stimulant intake, adding in yohimbine can help target some of the more stubborn fat areas. If you decide to try EC+Y, make sure you start with a very low dose of yohimbine to assess tolerance. This stack has been a great success for me in combination with fasted cardio
The first time I used Y was 19 years ago...in college. I was used to ECA...which was in all the fat burners back then. I bought some Twinlab Yohimbe Fuel ...it came in the mail and I got it at 3 PM and took 1 pill with my afternoon dose of ECA.

That night I was laying in bed staring at the ceiling until I went to class the next morning...no sleep. I couldn't fall asleep until late the following night. I never used it again for many years after that.

Sometimes I use it now when I want to induce insomnia in myself.

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
RXS Radiate has been working wonders for me! Highly recommend it, have a few freinds trying it who love it as well.

I personally take Radiate, Forskolin, GCB, Garcinia, Reduce XT, and additional Alpha-Y as my cutting stack.

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’ve read that Y kind of bombs the alpha receptors as well as numerous other serotonin and I believe even one of dopamine receptors. We know it’s got very high binding to the alpha 2 which it acts as an antagonist at and basically shuts down the body’s negative feedback of NorEpi release.

In a normal situation you release nor epi in a fight or flight situation and it binds to alpha and beta receptors which increase cardiac output, etc. To keep the cascade from getting out of control nor epi binds to the alpha 2 and it shuts down the release of more epi, putting a break in the system . Yohimbine binds to the alpha 2 and shuts off that brake mechanism.

As stayed above it’s also extremely non selective and does a lot with serotonin and also binds D3, and thus has numerous drug interactions.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to have good results with Sesamin oil/Sesathin but can't find it anymore. It seems they all discontinued making it and I can't understand why. If someone knows where to find some, let us know.
I always enjoyed Sesamin as well. Ran it a lot back in the day. Evomuse Brite still contains a hefty dose of it. I have been running FitMax and Brite with great results.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yohimbine hydrochloride is tricky for sure - some can take 20mg no problem, others wig out at 2mg. definitely test for sure slow. if going by all studies, still not concensus on lipolysis (hate term fat burn) and seems a constant lately > little fat "burned" during any exercise! 100% fat of 300cal energy (never happen) is only about 1 ounce. feel safe not using (cant take it realistically except first thing in morning - insulin. ephedrine was taken before/with food, worked great.). ah well at least its cheap (10 grams last forever (year?) and is about $30).

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
What? Plenty of obese people take ephedrine. In fact, there are tons of studies, and analysis/reviews of hundreds of thousands of people, who were prescribed ephedrine and caffeine daily (multiple times a day) for months. The combination is actually quite safe and very well tolerated, even for prolonged periods of time. I agree that fixing/changing exercise and diet should be the first step, and is more important than any supplements/drugs, but EC is actually one of the most proven, both in regards to safety and effectiveness. I second staying away from AAS if you're obese though, that much makes a lot of sense.
I know you love ephedrine. I have nothing against it. Never tried it actually but have taken addies and whatnot preworkout.

If your obese, you should not need any supps. I was way overweight and I used green tea to help fat loss. But mostly I got the fuk up and moved my ass!

I'm saying someone who is truly that overweight, should be putting health first, than add supps or AAS later. This is what's wrong with American Culture... We look for the shortest possible way! Lol.

"Fat" people need to focus first on moving (a workout plan) and eating healthy

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know you love ephedrine. I have nothing against it. Never tried it actually but have taken addies and whatnot preworkout.

Of your obese, you should not need any supps. I was way overweight and I used green tea to help fat loss. But mostly I got the fuk up and moved my ass!

I'm saying someone who is truly that overweight, should be putting health first, than add supps or AAS later. This is what's wrong with American Culture... We look for the shortest possible way! Lol.

"Fat" people need to focus first on moving (a workout plan) and eating healthy
I agree that people who are obese should dial in their training and diet before using any supplements or drugs. My point wasn’t to tell obese people to use ephedrine before fixing their diet and working out, but only to correct the incorrect claim that ephedrine is somehow a bad idea for overweight people to use when it has more safety data than most every ingredient/stimulant people use. You mentioned hear attacks; the overwhelming consensus in studies and analyses shows this is not a significant concern. That doesn’t mean that someone should use EC without or before fixing their diet and hitting the gym, so that’s beside the point really.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I agree that people who are obese should dial in their training and diet before using any supplements or drugs. My point wasn’t to tell obese people to use ephedrine before fixing their diet and working out, but only to correct the incorrect claim that ephedrine is somehow a bad idea for overweight people to use when it has more safety data than most every ingredient/stimulant people use. You mentioned hear attacks; the overwhelming consensus in studies and analyses shows this is not a significant concern. That doesn’t mean that someone should use EC without or before fixing their diet and hitting the gym, so that’s beside the point really.
Ephedrine is a bad idea for overweight people. Just the fact it raises blood pressure is enough for an obese person to have a heart attack...

"Ephedrine can cause a quickened heartbeat and elevated blood pressure. Side effects include heart palpitations, nausea, and vomiting. More than 800 dangerous reactions have been reported with use of the herb. These include heart attacks, strokes, seizures, and sudden deaths"

I just wouldn't recommend this to an obese person

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ephedrine is a bad idea for overweight people. Just the fact it raises blood pressure is enough for an obese person to have a heart attack...

"Ephedrine can cause a quickened heartbeat and elevated blood pressure. Side effects include heart palpitations, nausea, and vomiting. More than 800 dangerous reactions have been reported with use of the herb. These include heart attacks, strokes, seizures, and sudden deaths"

I just wouldn't recommend this to an obese person
Care to put the reference for that quote up? More importantly, EPHEDRA (the herb) is NOT synonymous or interchangeable with EPHEDRINE, which is what is used in the EC stack. This shows you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the topic of discussion. Also, a myriad of placebo-controlled studies and analysis of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, overweight people, prescribed EC would vehemently disagree with you; they show it’s very well tolerated and NOT associated with adverse cardiac episodes. I’ve linked up said studies numerous times on this forum before, but I’ll post them up again in the morning if you want, because you’re completely wrong.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Care to put the reference for that quote up? More importantly, EPHEDRA (the herb) is NOT synonymous or interchangeable with EPHEDRINE, which is what is used in the EC stack. This shows you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the topic of discussion. Also, a myriad of placebo-controlled studies and analysis of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, overweight people, prescribed EC would vehemently disagree with you; they show it’s very well tolerated and NOT associated with adverse cardiac episodes. I’ve linked up said studies numerous times on this forum before, but I’ll post them up again in the morning if you want, because you’re completely wrong.
Damn dude always a problem with me lol.

I just believe people are quick to reach for a shortcut in trying to lose weight/get to goals quicker.

I looked up ephedrine and it says the sides are worst than ephedra.

I understand where your coming from. I do believe you when you say It can be taken safely

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn dude always a problem with me lol.

I just believe people are quick to reach for a shortcut in trying to lose weight/get to goals quicker.

I looked up ephedrine and it says the sides are worst than ephedra.

I understand where your coming from. I do believe you when you say I can be taken safely
It’s not a problem with you haha. I’m saying your statement/claim is wrong, I’m not saying you’re a bad person or stupid or anything. I agree completely that people look for shortcuts and magic pills and are adverse to putting in work, but that’s not relevant to the safety of ephedrine at all. No hard feelings at all.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
It’s not a problem with you haha. I’m saying your statement/claim is wrong, I’m not saying you’re a bad person or stupid or anything. I agree completely that people look for shortcuts and magic pills and are adverse to putting in work, but that’s not relevant to the safety of ephedrine at all. No hard feelings at all.
What statement is wrong? I feel like I am not wrong.

I don't think a doctor, or anyone, would suggest ephedrine to a clinically obese person

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What statement is wrong? I feel like I am not wrong.

I don't think a doctor, or anyone, would suggest ephedrine to a clinically obese person
The part where you say that ephedrine isn’t safe for overweight/obese people, and that it can give them heart attacks.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The safety and efficacy of a mixture of ephedrine (75-150mg), caffeine (150mg) and aspirin (330mg), in divided premeal doses, were investigated in 24 obese humans (mean BMI 37.0) in a randomized double blind placebo-controlled trial.
In all studies, no significant changes in heart rate, blood pressure, blood glucose, insulin, and cholesterol levels, and no differences in the frequency of side effects were found. ECA in these doses is thus well tolerated in otherwise healthy obese subjects, and supports modest, sustained weight loss even without prescribed caloric restriction, and may be more effective in conjunction with restriction of energy intake.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8384187/
We conclude that the ephedrine/caffeine combination is effective in improving and maintaining weight loss, further it has lean body mass saving properties. The side effects are minor and transient and no withdrawal symptoms have been found.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8384186/
The authors linked data from four different sources within Statistics Denmark, using data on 257,364 users of prescribed ephedrine/caffeine for the period 1995–2002.
Prescribed ephedrine/caffeine was not associated with a substantially increased risk of adverse cardiovascular outcomes in this study.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2565736/

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look into Evomuse Brite if you are looking for an upgraded replacement.

To the OP, Evomuse puts out several products that will help you obtain your goal. DCP is a great product along with his topicals. dsade

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Healthy obese subjects"

Really? How can you be healthy and obese
Dude, please actually read what I posted. It says “OTHERWISE healthy obese subjects.” I assume you have no actual response to the studies?

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Dude, please actually read what I posted. It says “OTHERWISE healthy obese subjects.” I assume you have no actual response to the studies?
Obese people are not healthy though man

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Obese people are not healthy though man
Dude, what don’t you understand. OTHERWISE healthy means that besides the obesity the are OTHERWISE healthy. They aren’t considered healthy because of their obesity, but besides the obesity they are. It’s akin to saying someone can have asthma but be OTHERWISE healthy. It’s not that difficult man...

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Dude, what don’t you understand. OTHERWISE healthy means that besides the obesity the are OTHERWISE healthy. They aren’t considered healthy because of their obesity, but besides the obesity they are. It’s akin to saying someone can have asthma but be OTHERWISE healthy. It’s not that difficult man...
I guess man. I don't feel like arguing anymore lol. Agree to disagree

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess man. I don't feel like arguing anymore lol. Agree to disagree
What? You clearly don’t know what otherwise healthy means. You can’t just agree to disagree about definitions. “I think 2 + 2 = 7. You don’t? We’ll just agree to disagree.” It doesn’t make sense man. Also, any response to the actual content of the studies? The studies that showed its well tolerated and safe?