Split tudca 8 -12 hours apart or taken it all at once?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey there,

Im taking Tudca, and wondering if it matters whether Ill get more bang for my money, health-wise if I split it 500 mgs, twice a day or taking it all at once?

Goal is to keep liver enzymes down. They get elevated when I train intense, and my doctor like me to keep them down, so i take Tudca

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think splitting the dose for you would work better. Unless it is time released, this would keep a steady flow into your systems.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think splitting the dose for you would work better. Unless it is time released, this would keep a steady flow into your systems.
Agreed with this. I think splitting will be better than taking all at once. That way you know your body will be able to absorb all of it. If you take it all at once sometimes it may be more than you body can handle and some is wasted.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is kind of tough to answer, because it depends on the pharmacodynamics of TUDCA, and I dont have all the info.

On one side I would ask - how bioavailable is it? If it is very bioavailable, great.

If it is not bioavailable, the second question is, why not? Is it because the liver metabolizes it and prevents it getting to where it is needed? If this is the case, then one bolus dose at a time would be better

And then I would also look at half life, which appears to be pretty long, at least if it is similar to UDCA - 3-6 days.

I dont have the info on if it is bioavailable or if it is metabolized by a liver enzyme. Liver metabolism favors larger doses because if you have enough enzyme to break down 400 mg of a substance and you take 500 mg - you will get 100 past the liver simply because you exhausted the enzyme. And then the enzyme replenishes and you take 500 and get another 100 past - but if you took 1,000 all at once, you would get 600 mg past.

Given that some studies show effects with very small doses of TUDCA, my belief is that this is not relevant.

And since the half life is so long, I suspect consistency is far more important than # of times a day that you take it. After a while the peaks and troughs will be only minimally different.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with this. I think splitting will be better than taking all at once. That way you know your body will be able to absorb all of it. If you take it all at once sometimes it may be more than you body can handle and some is wasted.
Thank you this makes sense.

This is kind of tough to answer, because it depends on the pharmacodynamics of TUDCA, and I dont have all the info.

On one side I would ask - how bioavailable is it? If it is very bioavailable, great.

If it is not bioavailable, the second question is, why not? Is it because the liver metabolizes it and prevents it getting to where it is needed? If this is the case, then one bolus dose at a time would be better

And then I would also look at half life, which appears to be pretty long, at least if it is similar to UDCA - 3-6 days.

I dont have the info on if it is bioavailable or if it is metabolized by a liver enzyme. Liver metabolism favors larger doses because if you have enough enzyme to break down 400 mg of a substance and you take 500 mg - you will get 100 past the liver simply because you exhausted the enzyme. And then the enzyme replenishes and you take 500 and get another 100 past - but if you took 1,000 all at once, you would get 600 mg past.

Given that some studies show effects with very small doses of TUDCA, my belief is that this is not relevant.

And since the half life is so long, I suspect consistency is far more important than # of times a day that you take it. After a while the peaks and troughs will be only minimally different.

very very scientific answer. You are probably right , it may not matter.. I think i favor the splitting it up . Some days its easier to take it all at once, then have to seperate them.. I may do both as I can see both points of view. Thank you