Supplements and the heart?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi folks.

Just wondered whats people's opinions on the likes of Pre Workouts and it being damaging on your heart?

Why i ask... Over the last few weeks i have noticed a pain on my left chest around my heart area. I have been a user of stimulants for years but have had very long breaks at times from them but always consumed coffees inbetween as its just part of my lifestyle (3-4 cups a day though so under the 400mg per day recommendation).. The pain really only started to shine with my new pre workout (Hydrazine). But i stopped it after a couple uses. The pain remains and it comes and goes. Its very dull but is still noticeable at times. I have also noticed my heart will beat off at times. Like last night it completely missed a couple beats and felt like a pause followed by some quick beats. Strange feeling.

I just wanted to know can years of pre's really cause damage? I have a referral to get my heart checked over just to see if its ok. Don't want to suddenly just have it pack in one day. I will share the results.

So does anyone believe thier enough to cause damage? Take DMAA DMHA etc based products?

Thanks

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To be honest any kind of chest pain queries should really be aimed at your doctor.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For the record I take crazy amounts of stims, some days I take 2 viper x pills throughout the day (500mg caffeine total) plus Mr hyde preworkout in the evening (another 450mg or so) I don't suffer chest pains but I do need to take a stim break because I feel constantly tired when I haven't taken any. Try going cold turkey and see what happens but seriously like I said before chest pains need to be checked out by your doctor. Could be nothing to do with supplements but still be very serious.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Hi folks.

Just wondered whats people's opinions on the likes of Pre Workouts and it being damaging on your heart?

Why i ask... Over the last few weeks i have noticed a pain on my left chest around my heart area. I have been a user of stimulants for years but have had very long breaks at times from them but always consumed coffees inbetween as its just part of my lifestyle (3-4 cups a day though so under the 400mg per day recommendation).. The pain really only started to shine with my new pre workout (Hydrazine). But i stopped it after a couple uses. The pain remains and it comes and goes. Its very dull but is still noticeable at times. I have also noticed my heart will beat off at times. Like last night it completely missed a couple beats and felt like a pause followed by some quick beats. Strange feeling.

I just wanted to know can years of pre's really cause damage? I have a referral to get my heart checked over just to see if its ok. Don't want to suddenly just have it pack in one day. I will share the results.

So does anyone believe thier enough to cause damage? Take DMAA DMHA etc based products?

Thanks
I absolutely believe those products can adversely affect the heart

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The irregular heart rate sounds like A-fib.. It's no joke and needs immediate attention. Can lead to stroke.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The irregular heart rate sounds like A-fib.. It's no joke and needs immediate attention. Can lead to stroke.
Being honest it is starting to scare me. I do have myself booked in for an appointment but its a waiting game with the health service here sadly.

I am trying to just keep myself healthy as i can just now.. Cardio.. Im taking COQ10 + Fish oils just now.

Im hoping it isn't a permanent issue and can be resolved

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you sure it’s not heart burn or anything like that? I have GERD and sometimes I have symptoms like that. If you’ve never had heartburn it can feel very much like a heart issue. However it’s a good idea to go to the doctor or hospital if it gets worse. Just try and relax. I have a feeling it won’t be anything serious

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also, throw in a baby aspirin each morning. Helps thin the blood.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you sure it’s not heart burn or anything like that? I have GERD and sometimes I have symptoms like that. If you’ve never had heartburn it can feel very much like a heart issue. However it’s a good idea to go to the doctor or hospital if it gets worse. Just try and relax. I have a feeling it won’t be anything serious
If you suspect heartburn apple cider vinagar is like an instant cure. You could try it and see if it goes away.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my wife and I have a friend who works in the er, she says it is very common to confuse heart issues with heart burn. I guess that is why they call it 'heart' burn.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you suspect heartburn apple cider vinagar is like an instant cure. You could try it and see if it goes away.
That can further aggravate the symptoms in some people though.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The pain sounds like heartburn and the other symptoms could be anxiety which creates a vicious cycle. Regardless, I would get checked out by a physician to rule some basic things out.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The pain sounds like heartburn and the other symptoms could be anxiety which creates a vicious cycle. Regardless, I would get checked out by a physician to rule some basic things out.
This. Problems like that you should definitely see a physician and make sure everything is good. Especially when it comes to the heart.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had BP issues for many years. Most PWO have way to much stims for anyone with these issues, Not saying I didn't use them anyway. Just saying it is not the best thing. Most health issues are not going to be any better and sometimes worse when using these types of products. You have to be ready to take the risk.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hope we can get some updates op. Would really like to see how this pans out

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope we can get some updates op. Would really like to see how this pans out
Still waiting on my Doctor appointment. Soon as i have been i will post updates. The problem still remains. Was hoping it may fade away but im still getting problems. I will also do bloodwork etc and post results

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had a heart scan a little while back (my uncle had some major heart issue that is apparently genetic, was getting checked for that). But on top of that, I had weird heart beats occasionally. I never had any pain, but it felt like it would try to beat early, give a half-assed beat, then stutter a little. During my heart scan, the tech was saying that’s actually a pretty common thing. I honestly forget the name of it, but it’s generally harmless, so I just kind of forgot about it. I haven’t been getting it recently, but to be honest, I’m not sure what stopped it. The only thing I can think of that I’ve been doing differently from then is I’ve gotten back to dosing magnesium pre-bed. Again, I’m not sure if that’s what did it, but magnesium could be something to try. Regardless, keep your appointment, get your heart checked out. You may be getting what I had and it’s no big deal, but it’s best to be sure. I’m just glad you got a referral before coming to the internet for help self-diagnosing.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had a heart scan a little while back (my uncle had some major heart issue that is apparently genetic, was getting checked for that). But on top of that, I had weird heart beats occasionally. I never had any pain, but it felt like it would try to beat early, give a half-assed beat, then stutter a little. During my heart scan, the tech was saying that’s actually a pretty common thing. I honestly forget the name of it, but it’s generally harmless, so I just kind of forgot about it. I haven’t been getting it recently, but to be honest, I’m not sure what stopped it. The only thing I can think of that I’ve been doing differently from then is I’ve gotten back to dosing magnesium pre-bed. Again, I’m not sure if that’s what did it, but magnesium could be something to try. Regardless, keep your appointment, get your heart checked out. You may be getting what I had and it’s no big deal, but it’s best to be sure. I’m just glad you got a referral before coming to the internet for help self-diagnosing.
I think you’re talking about Premature ventricular contractions. Those are actually quite normal and harmless but annoying nonetheless

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Yes, I believe these products can damage the heart and other systems in the body. I quit stims and have much better workouts and my health has improved (leaner, sleep better, better relationships, bowel is happier, gut is happier etc... etc..)