Whey protein and Gout?

Solexsight

Solexsight

Awards
I experience pain in foot after donkey kicks, (frok warm up) and local fortune teller says from this whey proteins excess..uric acid.

Any experience? How to maintain strong kicks without pain and still use protein? Should eat plant protein? Any recommends brands to purchase? Thanking andvance

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Being a sufferer of gout, I would say that your local fortune teller is probably not well informed on the matter. There are high purine contents in veggies as well. Oxolates from specific plants is what does it for me.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Being a sufferer of gout, I would say that your local fortune teller is probably not well informed on the matter. There are high purine contents in veggies as well. Oxolates from specific plants is what does it for me.
banjobounce - I will take it one step further. Since you suffer from gout and I don't - I've been told it is one of the most painful things to have. Would you think that "gout" would cause pain in the foot from doing light exercises? My guess is - if it is gout it will hurt, noticeably, all the time or doing heavier work - but to have a delicate movement hurt it implies, to me, that it is some sort of movement dysfunction or injury?

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
banjobounce - I will take it one step further. Since you suffer from gout and I don't - I've been told it is one of the most painful things to have. Would you think that "gout" would cause pain in the foot from doing light exercises? My guess is - if it is gout it will hurt, noticeably, all the time or doing heavier work - but to have a delicate movement hurt it implies, to me, that it is some sort of movement dysfunction or injury?
Some people get it after agitating it, and it's not full blown, just in their toe or something and continue on as if it's a hindrance but manageable thus making them think that people with bad cases are puds. I couldn't get off of the couch for three days and I couldn't squat for a month after getting my first flare up because my knee was too stiff to go into flexion.