Arachidonic Acid ?? does it really work ??

ilovetolift37

ilovetolift37

Awards
ive been thinking about trying Arachidonic Acid for awhile ive read it gives great results but i also read it may cause cancer ? my mom died of colon cancer so thats why ive been very cautious about trying it , does it really cause cancer or do you have to have cancer and it makes it progress worst any infor i greatly appreciate it thanks

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, it works, judging by the user frack o the years. Never used it personally.

It doesn’t cause cancer though it may aggravate inflammatory conditions already present.

ilovetolift37

ilovetolift37

Awards
ok so if i got like elbow tendonitus it would make it worst ? i know ive read alot on it and people say it works very good

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It might make it worse. I’ve heard some say yes, others not so much with issues like that. Kinda why I’ve been hesitant to try it(I’ve got back problems).

ilovetolift37

ilovetolift37

Awards
yea i like to maybe try it but i dont want my elbow to get worst its just now starting to get better

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Worked great for the few runs that I have run.

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
Dang worked good for me guess that's why my elbows were going me problems hah

ilovetolift37

ilovetolift37

Awards
so your elbows started hurting while taking ara ?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It works ok....but it caused my bad trap muscle to give me crazy neck/headaches while on it

Imo there's equal or better options out there

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It's definitely one of the few products with data behind it, and it has a wealth of positive feedback on it as well.

I use it whenever I hit a plateau in my training and just need something to give me a bit more of an edge.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use to stack X gels and ABE together and loved that stack. My joints would start to get a little achy toward the end of my run.

ilovetolift37

ilovetolift37

Awards
so basically if i already have a slight case of elbow tendonitus u wouldnt recommend it ?

ozzie1987

ozzie1987

Awards
I would recommend trying it, you might be totally fine you never know. Toward the end of my 50 day run, it was just my shoulders that were aching. But I’ve cycled it several times without a problem; only the last time my shoulder played up. My best run was ara, aba and alphamax.

ilovetolift37

ilovetolift37

Awards
now can i take tumeric and cissus quadranlaris with it ? i know tumeric helps with inflammation and i know ara brings it on ? so i would think they wouldnt be a good combo im taking tumeric pescience genoflex which is cissus and passion fruit and boswellia and im running sns joint support ext with it i wanted to try ara ive heard so many good things about it

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
now can i take tumeric and cissus quadranlaris with it ? i know tumeric helps with inflammation and i know ara brings it on ? so i would think they wouldnt be a good combo im taking tumeric pescience genoflex which is cissus and passion fruit and boswellia and im running sns joint support ext with it i wanted to try ara ive heard so many good things about it
the inflamation is why its supposed to work. i don't know if you wait until bed time (assuming am/lunch training) to take curcumin/omega-3 is ok. may be, as that's many hours after training?

ilovetolift37

ilovetolift37

Awards
i, not taking fishoil just tumeric and genoflex i didnt know if ara would be good taking them together or not

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i, not taking fishoil just tumeric and genoflex i didnt know if ara would be good taking them together or not
well, omega-3 are great for inflamation too, in case you want to add. tumeric contains low % curcumin, which is supposed to be what you want - but more data may indicate that *full spectrum* and not just curcumin is better, ie. curcumin, demethoxycurcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin.

Islander73

Awards
I did a couple eight week runs with it. Saw very slight improvements. Very over-priced imo.

Cauldron

Awards
I am currently on XF original. Into 2nd week. Took 6 capsules for first 4 days, then took 7 capsules in one go 40 min prior to workout. I am having the best pumps ever, especially in arms and legs. I use to suffer a lot from joint pain. I have none so far, but my knees are clicking a lot more
. I am taking a joint supplement which may be helping, it contains cissus, chondroitin, and glucosamine. I have stopped omega 3 for the 8 weeks, but if you want to continue then i remeber reading an 8-10 hour gap is best between O3 and XF. I live in UK and one site did have about 25%off. I have another 6 weeks to run so cants say about strength or fat loss/lean muscle gain.

Infiknite

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It really works, I’m currently 1.5 months into a run of xgels. I’ve made some massive strength gains within the first month and they held pretty steady into the second month.
I’d say the joint pain can be hit or miss. My joints feel great, however I’ve been having nagging lower back pain that has appeared a week ago, this seems to happen for me with every run of ara I’ve done. I can’t really explain it, I think it’s just soemthing you should be wary of when taking it, as well as a couple bad headaches here and there.
Otherwise it is one of my favorite natty products, great for strength gains.
Also I would recommend doing 1g re workout on lifting days only. This would extend your run, also you could take even more preworkout (if you workout 3 days a week you could have enough to dose 1.5 preworkout). Also you could completely eliminate omega 3s, but I like to just dose 1 cap of fish oil as far away from the ara as possible, this hasn’t lessened the effects of it at all for me. Also look into getting carinitine l tartrate, iirc it is supposed to decrease the break down of ara allowing it to circulate through your body better. Also look into getting hydromax, it is supposed to emulsify the ara allowing better absorption, can’t tell if it really makes a difference but the pumps from hydro max are worth it alone.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
every time I have used it I go a little over the suggested dose.. great pumps and muscle fullness, strength increases as does soreness. Usually I run it about 6-8 weeks at 2-3 caps over suggested dose.. bit pricey. no joint pain for me

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
the inflamation is why its supposed to work. i don't know if you wait until bed time (assuming am/lunch training) to take curcumin/omega-3 is ok. may be, as that's many hours after training?
I’m still fairly new to ArA but since inflammation is the key to protein synthesis and since protein synthesis lasts 1-2 days, wouldn’t any anti inflammatory reduce muscle growth, in theory, unless you wait till after that 1-2 day window?

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m still fairly new to ArA but since inflammation is the key to protein synthesis and since protein synthesis lasts 1-2 days, wouldn’t any anti inflammatory reduce muscle growth, in theory, unless you wait till after that 1-2 day window?
mps and catabolisim (same as fat loss/storage) occur all the time, 24/7 forever. i think maybe drive self crazy trying to "optimize" all the time. so what we do, never take vitamin c, x-cyanins, nac, etc??... omega-3 (fish) very, very healthy and good - given that ara may not even do anything, i think mistake not to take healthy stuff by trying to save the gram or so of extra muscle (if even true).