GDA question

Logray

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys,
I've ordered Slinmax and Primalog. Can someone give me some advice about usage (when to take, how much ect.) Also I checked some logs on the forum and I dont know what you mean by 50+ carb. Is it the carb content in grams or the weight of the food ( like 50g of oat or 80+g of oat containing 50 carbs)?
Thanks!!!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the forum! Excited to hear how Slinmax works for you.

Typically when people write numbers for macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats) they are referring to the grams on the product's Nutrition Label, not the weight of the serving of food.

The 50g of carbohydrate rule is a good guideline, but you can always experiment with less or more. I find that Slinmax is very beneficial for high carb days when I am consuming 50-80g of carbohydrate in some meals. You can also use half the dose (1 cap) if you are eating a small meal to see how your body responds.

Logray

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the forum! Excited to hear how Slinmax works for you.

Typically when people write numbers for macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats) they are referring to the grams on the product's Nutrition Label, not the weight of the serving of food.

The 50g of carbohydrate rule is a good guideline, but you can always experiment with less or more. I find that Slinmax is very beneficial for high carb days when I am consuming 50-80g of carbohydrate in some meals. You can also use half the dose (1 cap) if you are eating a small meal to see how your body responds.
Thanks! I'll write about it when it arrives and I test it, but it will be some time,cause the shipping to Europe is a bit slow :D

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. Interested to see how you like it!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I'll write about it when it arrives and I test it, but it will be some time,cause the shipping to Europe is a bit slow :D
You got it! Shipping is always a pain. Excited to hear your feedback

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
there are many ways to use GDAa. The most common I've seen is having with your carb meals to help shuttle nutritents, minimized fat gain and maintain insulin sensitivity.

You can also use preworkout if you are using fast carbs before or during training, or even after your workout with a post workout carb meal.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
there are many ways to use GDAa. The most common I've seen is having with your carb meals to help shuttle nutritents, minimized fat gain and maintain insulin sensitivity.

You can also use preworkout if you are using fast carbs before or during training, or even after your workout with a post workout carb meal.
Insulin Sensitivity is high from working out, so the need for a GDA then would be minimal. Weight training is the best GDA you can have. You will also want to avoid berberine around training. Berberine activates AMPK, which reduces protein synthesis/muscle growth. You can take GDA's and they do help with muscle growth by increasing glycogen uptake into muscle tissues. I would suggest spacing the dosing as far away from your workout as possible.

I remember Cooper posted this a while back:
It was demonstrated in normal mice too, but I think the key here is understanding the big picture. Yes, berberine potently induces AMPK, but in trained individuals, this will simply increase glucose flux (and subsequent glycogen storage) in muscle tissue.

There was a study but these were on obese people (Over BMI of 30) so take it with a grain of salt, Most of us on here are not in that category, and this had no exercise included in the study (most of us weight train or do forms of cardio)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22739410
using 1500mg/day berberine for 12 weeks showed moderate benefits in weight/fat loss, and no change in non-fat mass (exercise was not part of the study protocol; subjects kept their current habits, and no altered exercise habits were observed).

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
berberine is natural metformin, lol. plenty of big jacked dudes on metformin (but other drugs too!) but i'd still go with mr. solution and not take near training. i don't know about gda in weightlifters (as opposed to type 2/pre-diabetes)... if in deficit, no fat added, period. at maint. no fat added either (training butt off). in bulk, fat will come no matter what - *maybe* to minimize, but fat from glucose is expensive for the body - fat from fat is easier lol! i don't know...

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Insulin Sensitivity is high from working out, so the need for a GDA then would be minimal. Weight training is the best GDA you can have. You will also want to avoid berberine around training. Berberine activates AMPK, which reduces protein synthesis/muscle growth. You can take GDA's and they do help with muscle growth by increasing glycogen uptake into muscle tissues. I would suggest spacing the dosing as far away from your workout as possible.

I remember Cooper posted this a while back:
It was demonstrated in normal mice too, but I think the key here is understanding the big picture. Yes, berberine potently induces AMPK, but in trained individuals, this will simply increase glucose flux (and subsequent glycogen storage) in muscle tissue.

There was a study but these were on obese people (Over BMI of 30) so take it with a grain of salt, Most of us on here are not in that category, and this had no exercise included in the study (most of us weight train or do forms of cardio)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22739410
using 1500mg/day berberine for 12 weeks showed moderate benefits in weight/fat loss, and no change in non-fat mass (exercise was not part of the study protocol; subjects kept their current habits, and no altered exercise habits were observed).
I agree with you here, but I always see conflicting info. Meadows and Serano recommend gdas pre training almost as an insulin mimetic to shuttle peri carbs. ALA @900MG as well as others. Not sure about berberine though.

I think at the end of the day it's very individual. I actually apply my gda use much differently than I see alot of guys do. I use before bed, about 2 hours following my largest post workout carb meal (I train at night) and in the morning following on an empty stomach. I find this keeps everything alot tighter, and keeps the bloat down, plus helps with insulin sensitivity (I can tell when I consume my carbs and how my body reacts). I don't eat alot of carb meals outside of post workout so for me this seems to work best. I also like to use them on my refeed days.

I think for most guys the GDA with your carb meals away from training makes most sense an is a good place to start

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I agree with you here, but I always see conflicting info. Meadows and Serano recommend gdas pre training almost as an insulin mimetic to shuttle peri carbs. ALA @900MG as well as others. Not sure about berberine though.
Big difference when using different Ingredients
NA R ALA , ALCAR, and bulk agmatine for example are different then berberine

If you really want to know how effect a GDA is you should use a BG monitor to see how fast you can baseline your numbers. Test 5 minutes before a meal and then 90-120 minutes after. This shows you how well the product would work.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

If you really want to know how effect a GDA is you should use a BG monitor to see how fast you can baseline your numbers. Test 5 minutes before a meal and then 90-120 minutes after. This shows you how well the product would work.
How do you rate SlinMax and Predator in terms of GDA applications or otherwise?

I’m in the UK and we don’t have a lot of GDA to choose from(good ones anyways) and I have access to these both. I started a thread, would be great if you could contribute too.

Thanks

Logray

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys!
The first package arrived, do someone can advise: can I stack iDrive and Anabolic Pump? What time ir how? Thanks!!!!!

Logray

Awards
  • Established
You got it! Shipping is always a pain. Excited to hear your feedback
Hi guys!
I hope i receive my package soon. One dosing question: when I wake up i have a coffe with 20g of whey prot (lactose free, i use it as a milk subsitute). After coffe I work out abs + a small cardio total 20-25min. Then I have my oatmeal about 50 carb. When shoud i take Slinmax? Pre coffe so about 40 minute before the meal or after it (~20 min pre food) but then it is no longer taken on "empty" stomach?
Thanks!!!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys!
I hope i receive my package soon. One dosing question: when I wake up i have a coffe with 20g of whey prot (lactose free, i use it as a milk subsitute). After coffe I work out abs + a small cardio total 20-25min. Then I have my oatmeal about 50 carb. When shoud i take Slinmax? Pre coffe so about 40 minute before the meal or after it (~20 min pre food) but then it is no longer taken on "empty" stomach?
Thanks!!!
If it were me, I would take it 20 minutes before your oatmeal. The ingredients in Slinmax can lower your blood sugar, so combining that with cardio and a workout might not be the best idea and you may end up feeling light-headed or nauseous.

You could try it both ways, but I think it would be better do take it closer to your meal, after your cardio. You could always experiment with taking it before your cardio, but I would start with 1 cap only and see how you feel

Logray

Awards
  • Established
So it is does not matter that I have a half serving of whey protein 20-30 before?

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone had diarrhea like symptoms when starting SlinMax??

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
With 1 or 2 caps? How many grams of carbs are you eating after you take it?

Have to go to work, then I cant eat for ~3 hours, so only can have breakfast at home :S
I think AntM1564 means waiting to take the Slinmax dose, not waiting to consume the protein. A small serving of whey protein before taking Slinmax won't have an impact on its effectiveness

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys!
Thanks!!!
With 1 or 2 caps? How many grams of carbs are you eating after you take it?

I think AntM1564 means waiting to take the Slinmax dose, not waiting to consume the protein. A small serving of whey protein before taking Slinmax won't have an impact on its effectiveness

Exactly.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This can happen with Berberine. If I don't use SlinMax for a week and a half to a week, the first few times I re-introduce it, I have a little loose stool an hour after I eat. Nothing bad though.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Both 1 cap and 2. I’m only waiting 10 mins before I eat should I wait less or more.

Will drop to 1 cap servings. Was with around 75 gram carbs from oats when used 2 cap serving

Any suggestions anyone? It’s only second day on this but have high hopes for this supp

Logray

Awards
  • Established

How long do you recommend berberine before training? Is it good with a pre workout meal (oats) about 90 min before workout?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Both 1 cap and 2. I’m only waiting 10 mins before I eat should I wait less or more.

Will drop to 1 cap servings. Was with around 75 gram carbs from oats when used 2 cap serving

Any suggestions anyone? It’s only second day on this but have high hopes for this supp
Anything less than 50 grams of carbs, one cap is fine. Above that, we suggest 2 caps of SlinMax. If you are have GI distress, I would just go with a single cap for a week or two and then bump it up.

How long do you recommend berberine before training? Is it good with a pre workout meal (oats) about 90 min before workout?
The negative impact on muscle hypertrophy is overblown. Lift hard and heavy, you'll be fine.

Logray

Awards
  • Established
Anything less than 50 grams of carbs, one cap is fine. Above that, we suggest 2 caps of SlinMax. If you are have GI distress, I would just go with a single cap for a week or two and then bump it up.

The negative impact on muscle hypertrophy is overblown. Lift hard and heavy, you'll be fine.
Thanks! Hoped for this answer :D

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Just a single cap per day?

I think I will try that otherwise will have to stop using as it’s pretty bad if I’m honest

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a single cap per day?

I think I will try that otherwise will have to stop using as it’s pretty bad if I’m honest
A single cap per meal. You could also do one cap per day, then two caps, and up it that way. We are all different. You have to experiment. Supplements effect everyone differently, sometimes there isn't a cookie cutter answer.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The idea is that AMPk and mTOR are mutually exclusive. Lots of GDA ingredients are AMPk boosters. As suggested earlier, I’d separate the GDA from exercise as exercise is an excellent AMPk booster itself. Taking a dose close to working out is likely more of a waste than being counterproductive. As far as gains are concerned, I doubt a GDA would have a significant impact on mTOR response to a protein feeding.

Logray

Awards
  • Established
And what about interaction between forskolin and berberine?
I use a GDA (sadly none of my packages containing good ones arrived yet) and a product containing forskolin "Lean Boss" (it says you should take the six caps 3*2).
Here is how I use them:
540AM: 2 GDA
Breakfast (60carb mostly oats) at 600AM take two caps of LB while eating
840AM: 1 GDA
900AM: Low carb 30g food
12:00 Lunch 40g carb 2 caps of LB
215pm: 1 GDA
230: pre workout meal 60g of carb
4pm train, after shake
6pm: pwo meal
9pm: "no" carb meal(cottage cheese, casein) with two LB

I'm trying to lean bulk but Ive read that forkolin and berberine interacts/ cancels each others effect to some degree. Can someone suggest a dosing to minimize this based on the above? I use this GDA until the others (slinmax, glycophase, primalog) arrives.

Thanks!!!!!!

(Sorry for the double post I've asked it in an older thread, but i dont know if some still sees it)

idrive-label.jpeg
71c5BCIscKL._AC_SL1500_.jpeg

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m not familiar with the interaction between berberine and forskolin. Can you elaborate on that? Or perhaps show me where you got that info? As a general rule, taking doses farther apart should help reduce issues like that though, so I’d do that while you have both.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m not familiar with the interaction between berberine and forskolin. Can you elaborate on that? Or perhaps show me where you got that info? As a general rule, taking doses farther apart should help reduce issues like that though, so I’d do that while you have both.
The reasoning is around berberine and forskolin competing in regards to cAMP (forskolin increasing, berberine potentially decreasing).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20969954

Logray

Awards
  • Established
Found some thread here:
277993 (thread number) Sorry cant post links.
Like this one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
Supplements 1
DWeaver Supplements 16
Johnston Supplements 21