D-ribose

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
Hi everyone,

I was thinking of stacking d-ribose with creatine in order to maximise atp production. I would also use betaine at the same time.

I understand that not only does ribose induce insulin, improving creatine absorption, but it also participates in Krebs cycle.

But I also understand that it lowers blood glucose.

Has anyone experimented with d ribose? Eventually did you stack it with creatine? Is this stack optimal pre or post workout?

Thanks in advance

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
creatine will eventually saturate if you take it with broccoli :) I wouldn't buy it for that. Its supposed to be good for the heart (15 grams), especially if using things like beta2 agonists, nicotine, etc... I use it (bulk bags) strictly as a hopeful earlier death preventative. There was a company that used to sell a ribose-c supplement...they haven't in a long time - popular stuff (not necessarily effective, but popular :)) tends to stay around. I'd say it's one of those "if you're going to light cigars with dollar bills - try d-ribose instead" supplements. Its not like you can tell if your heart is being protected.

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
creatine will eventually saturate if you take it with broccoli :) I wouldn't buy it for that. Its supposed to be good for the heart (15 grams), especially if using things like beta2 agonists, nicotine, etc... I use it (bulk bags) strictly as a hopeful earlier death preventative. There was a company that used to sell a ribose-c supplement...they haven't in a long time - popular stuff (not necessarily effective, but popular :)) tends to stay around. I'd say it's one of those "if you're going to light cigars with dollar bills - try d-ribose instead" supplements. Its not like you can tell if your heart is being protected.
Thanks. What would you recommend, other than betaine, to improve creatine bio availability?

Mike NCR

Mike NCR

Awards
Your mileage may vary but I've found Ribose at 10g pre great for cardio. I feel it helps stave off that feeling like you want to quit. It'll definitely remain a staple of my cardio cocktail with Beta-Alanine, caffeine, and cordyceps.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks. What would you recommend, other than betaine, to improve creatine bio availability?
Water. seriously, all these "creatine with..." is just to sell you expensive sugar. 5 grams a day in water will eventually do everything you need it to do. What kind of "bioavailabilty enhancers" are in steak?