Optimum Nutrition Whey Bad Batch

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. 60 bucks?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    I used to be big on those 74 ON whey serving containers, but I pushed out a bit more money for some better protein, nearly couldnít drink it when I went back to ON chocolate.

Right now I got a tub of ghost peanut butter cereal milk. It is effing ridiculous. It literally tastes like peanut butter cereal milk. Exactly what you have in mind and exactly what you taste when you drink the milk after Reeceís puffs cereal, maybe better. The is the most spot on flavor I have ever tried.
    Sounds amazing. Mix it up and pour on to Reeceís puff cereal. You just made your macros!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by BloodManor View Post
    ON is one of the only companies that have total control of their protein production. From the cows too the bottling. So they are a great protein source. But like stated they are more on the mild side of flavoring and thatís what many people like.
    Yeah I was thinking that their nutrients were good. Flavor was blah.

4. If nobody tried it yet. PES snickerdoodle mixed with cream of wheat! Awesome

5. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    PES Select is amazing protein as is USPLabs. Give them a try too. I've got a new tub just recently in the mail.
    Bingo!
    USPLabs Content and Community Assistant
    •   

6. I don't know how ON hasn't updated their flavoring system after all this time

7. Quote Originally Posted by BloodManor View Post
    ON is one of the only companies that have total control of their protein production. From the cows too the bottling. So they are a great protein source. But like stated they are more on the mild side of flavoring and thatís what many people like.
    Just going to the american dairy products website and searching for whey suppliers will boggle the average supp users mind, lol. There are at least 23 whey producers in the us alone. Odds are high that the favorite brands of protein come from one of them - and thats not even any over-seas suppliers like fonterra, etc... ON (glanbia), like you said is one "cow to container" supplier, i think universal is too.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BloodManor View Post
    This. In terms of quality, ON is probably one of the best. They have fair pricing and the macros are good, but flavoring is weak, non existent and sometimes even bad.

With all of the reputable companies that produce high quality protein powders that taste good, there is no reason to stick with ON. It's not like in the late 90's/early 00's where there were only a handful of companies that produced protein. There are many to choose from now.
    https://performaxlabs.com/
    Use Anthony25 on https://performaxlabs.com/ to save 25% on all products

9. Quote Originally Posted by kelvarnsen View Post
    I don't know how ON hasn't updated their flavoring system after all this time
    I honestly think I got a bad batch. I normally like their vanilla ice cream mixed with almond milk, in a smoothie or with my cream of wheat... but yeah their flavor not nearly as good as others

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jm88888 View Post
    I honestly think I got a bad batch. I normally like their vanilla ice cream mixed with almond milk, in a smoothie or with my cream of wheat... but yeah their flavor not nearly as good as others
    i haven't had ON in a looooooong time - but flavoring/sweetness varies with the amount of chemicals/ingredients. The more "natural" the protein is, the worse it tastes (comparatively) usually. A "chocolate" that is just protein, cocoa, stevia, and whatever emulsifier (usually lecithin) - isn't going to taste "as good" (subjective) as one that has 37 ingredients. But flavoring is a science - so not saying all good tasting stuff is loaded with tons of extras. I know of certain flavors of 4 ingredient proteins that taste out of this world.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Jm88888 View Post
    Well, if you have used that flavor in the past, and it does taste different, then you could be right. Should have contacted them with the lot number to find out.
    https://performaxlabs.com/
    Use Anthony25 on https://performaxlabs.com/ to save 25% on all products

12. Took it back to Vitamin Shoppe. It tastes like there is no way that was a flavor change. Haha. If it was a flavor change they will be out of business by end of month.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jack3d and optimum nutrition whey gold standard
    By Myoung422 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 10:37 PM
  2. Optimum Nutrition Whey stack?
    By GOLIATHmuddin in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 10:48 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 10:03 PM