Cutting out stims

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been on stims for years... Pre workouts, energy drinks, pick me ups etc. I would say my use is moderate but I have used almost daily throughout.

I think my body needs a break.

For you guys that have come off how did you come off? Also what did you feel like coming off both immediate and how did you feel after some time?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive been on stims for years... Pre workouts, energy drinks, pick me ups etc. I would say my use is moderate but I have used almost daily throughout.

For you guys that have come off how did you come off? Also what did you feel like coming off both immediate and how did you feel after some time?
I had too myself. It was causing me really bad back pain, hip pain, jaw pain and started spiking my heart rate like a mother fuker.

I have been taking sh!t tons of caffeine and/or dexedrine for almost 8 years. Never had a problem. Then out of the blue all stims started to disagree with me. Making me very tense(which I think caused the pain), very anxious, and put my heart rate up to 180 a lot.

So I stopped cold turkey. I handled it fine. No real withdrawals other than mild depression for a few weeks. And I was tired a lot.

Sucks though as I have really bad ADHD, and it really helped me.

Ynn3kc1

Ynn3kc1

Awards
  • Established

Kinda sucks at first especially if you're a caffeine person. I used to kill 5 hour energies and coca cola, ate oxyelite pro like candy back in the day. Definitely had a headache and was lethargic for a couple weeks, I would take excedrin which had some caffeine but not enough to really amp you up, every so often but eventually moved to ibuprofen for headaches to. Now I just drink crystal light lemonade and have become pretty stim sensitive. But I feel just as good now if not better. Good luck.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Black maca, rhodiola rosea, sensoril ashwaghanda, methyl b12 and taper your caffeine weekly. I’d cut all stims except caffeine cold turkey and split your caffeine throughout the day. If you’re over 300 a day start there and then, 200 next week, then 100. After drink green tea for a week and then take a month off. You’ll feel so much better and energized after being off for a couple weeks.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

I was probably around 400-500mg daily and took about 2 months off. I just went cold turkey on the caffeine, and used Rhodiola and Ashwagandha with no issues. I’d suggest tapering the amount of caffeine down, though.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Black maca, rhodiola rosea, sensoril ashwaghanda, methyl b12 and taper your caffeine weekly. I’d cut all stims except caffeine cold turkey and split your caffeine throughout the day. If you’re over 300 a day start there and then, 200 next week, then 100. After drink green tea for a week and then take a month off. You’ll feel so much better and energized after being off for a couple weeks.
Good list I would also add pregnenolone and 10,000 UI of vit D.

Ot2000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I was probably around 400-500mg daily and took about 2 months off. I just went cold turkey on the caffeine, and used Rhodiola and Ashwagandha with no issues. I’d suggest tapering the amount of caffeine down, though.
I agree with the use of rhodiola and ashwaghanda for those looking to kick stims.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great info guys I appreciate it. I like the idea of tapering but I think if I can cut down to 1 or 2 cups of coffee (1 in the am and 1 in pm) I'll be satisfied. When I say cup I mean kcup not a 16 oz w 3 shots lol.

Seriously though I think I'm ready to come off for a while. I will also try supplementing with some of the suggested.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great info guys I appreciate it. I like the idea of tapering but I think if I can cut down to 1 or 2 cups of coffee (1 in the am and 1 in pm) I'll be satisfied. When I say cup I mean kcup not a 16 oz w 3 shots lol.

Seriously though I think I'm ready to come off for a while. I will also try supplementing with some of the suggested.
Doubt you can find it, but if you can, adrenosurge by evomuse is by FAR the best product for your purpose. I know I couldn't find it but that does not mean it's not out there.

Also I cannot praise pregnenolone enough!!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doubt you can find it, but if you can, adrenosurge by evomuse is by FAR the best product for your purpose. I know I couldn't find it but that does not mean it's not out there.

Also I cannot praise pregnenolone enough!!
I have some dermacrine that should work? Just curious what the mechanism is for supplementing w/ preg. when coming off stims? Do they cause a deficiancy

I'll look for the adrenosurge

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have some dermacrine that should work? Just curious what the mechanism is for supplementing w/ preg. when coming off stims? Do they cause a deficiancy

I'll look for the adrenosurge
dermacrine is good stuff, but I have discovered the buzz from applying td preg to temples and really like it.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dermacrine is good stuff, but I have discovered the buzz from applying td preg to temples and really like it.
Dermacrine is good stuff but sublingual preg is probably the best for his use.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just to add to the supplements in here, Ash and RR, and the tapering, try decaf coffee for your second cup of the day. The taste alone might give you energy (placebo effect). It is worth a shot.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try Neuro P5 ... pregnenolone helps greatly!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tyrosine has helped me in the past when cutting stims

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I usually decrease my amount slowly rather than quitting cold turkey. I don’t use a lot of stims as it is but that’s just how I do it. In place of my pre workout I will usually take a stim free pre workout like focus xt, intramax or VasoMax.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still took 1 cap hydrazine as soon as I open my eyes today. Its prob psychological but I feel immobile until I throw one down. Lol.

I wont take any other stims today besides maybe a cup if coffee... Definitely think the tapering method is better suited for me at the moment .

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
It will be rough for a couple of weeks, but soon your workouts will be better than ever. I will never take stims again....my workouts, performance, life and health have changed dramatically for the better. And this will happen for you too! Good luck bro - just say no...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still took 1 cap hydrazine as soon as I open my eyes today. Its prob psychological but I feel immobile until I throw one down. Lol.

I wont take any other stims today besides maybe a cup if coffee... Definitely think the tapering method is better suited for me at the moment .
Definitely taper. Another teacher last year tried to quit cold turkey, she was not fun to be around during that time and ultimately went back to coffee too soon.

One thing you could try to do in the morning is take a cold shower. That should wake you up.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take in between 1g-1.5g of caffeine a day. Tfw I need 600mg pre workout or don’t feel anything anymore :(
Last time I went on a stim break I laid in the corner in the fetal position shaking like a crackhead.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
anyone interested in trying Neuro P5 while cutting stims?
Godstrength

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

ween off to low dose then come off. Or ween off down to 100-200 a day then only use on certain days as a pre-workout maybe 0-3 times a week. Keep caffeine dose low no more than 150-200 mgs

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out Blackstone Labs Adrenal Care. It's formulated for helping one come off of stimulants, and would likely help you out. I was in the same boat seriously needing a break from stims after my consumption had gotten very high while cutting. I was a bit tired for the first two days, but after that I've been feeling better and better. I've been combining it with a non-stim fat burner (Primeval Labs Pyretic), and two weeks in combining the two I find that I'm feeling pretty fantastic throughout the day.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I feel great coming off stims. Problem is now I am trying to drop last handful of lbs and thinking of adding ec to help out, vicious circle. Any thoughts?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So still took my usual 1 hydrazine upon waking. But no other stims only 1 kcup around 2 pm to help w dragging ass syndrome lol. That should be all for today :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

This is me basically. Always drinking coffee and have preworkout before workouts, seemingly more and more workouts in a row. I usually cut back every now and then by reducing the over all amount slowly. 4 cups of coffee to 3, switch to a stim free preworkout and add in my own stims and cut it back slowly as well. Eventually I will switch to a cup of black coffee as my preworkout, in place if other stims. The best case for me and my favorite place to be is 1 cups of coffee 6-7 am and one cup preworkout (5-6pm). Just cut it back slowly and over time it won't be as noticable or difficult. I've done cold turkey and the headaches and irrititabilty can be really bad!

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fina flex makes a caffeine detox. Don’t know if it’s gpod

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Got the p5 today man... What's the dosage and how much do you use.... Its not on the bottle[/QUOTE thebigt
Godstrength use 1ml daily either all at once or split...I highly suggest applying to temples, one pump on bulb should be almost exactly .5ml-put half on each temple....if you don't want or like temples clavicles work real well!!!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used .25 yesterday on my temples... It's like a menthol smell. But I feel like that small dose made my morning dose of hydrazine hit way harder??

It could be that ive cut out all other stims (1 cap hydrazine am) except maybe 75-100 mg caffeine in the afternoon some days.

How does this help w stim tolerance?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very interested in this thread..

In to see how this goes!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very interested in this thread..

In to see how this goes!
I do feel like the pregnenolone is reducing my tolerance. I prob have about 10 caps of hydrazine (give or take) left in my bottle. But my morning hydrazine def seems to hit harder some days than it was and is noticeable. I bought some Hyde energy drinks so a couple days I drank that as an eye opener instead of the hydrazine. But basically down to that and a cup of coffee or a 12 oz red bull in the afternoon. A couple days I think I even went without caffeine in the afternoon.

Once the hydrazine is gone my plan is to switch to a morning cup of coffee there as well.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Optimum Amino Energy has 50mg caffeine per scoop. I mix it with power aide zero for a low dose caffeine and to flavor my water while at work.

I think this could help your weaning process and fits your cup of coffee plan.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_5144.JPG

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m running a log of both transdermals if you want to follow.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Stim breaks: (If you absolutely do not want to try Cold Turkey) Stop taking what your taking now and replace with one cup of caffeinated coffee. After a week, switch to every other day with the coffee. Then just stop for a couple weeks. At the same time, take all the non-stim nootropic stuff that is cheap, like tyrosine, choline, alcar, etc... That works for me, ymmv. Good luck!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how about just keep stimulates three days a week or less.

I haven't used any in a few days and feels great. I had a full day off yesterday , fasted for 15 hours, relaxed by a great pool, read a book, listen to music, went in water, talk with friends, that sure helped/helps

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how about just keep stimulates three days a week or less.

I haven't used any in a few days and feels great. I had a full day off yesterday , fasted for 15 hours, relaxed by a great pool, read a book, listen to music, went in water, talk with friends, that sure helped/helps
This. I only use stims, from any source, 3, maybe 4 times a week. No more than 400 mg on those days. It is hard, but I think we are just over stimulated as a whole. I cannot believe the amount of coffee other teachers at my school drink on a daily basis. There are times when I feel like I need a cup of coffee, but as soon as I am active, like John mentioned above, I feel better.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I used .25 yesterday on my temples... It's like a menthol smell. But I feel like that small dose made my morning dose of hydrazine hit way harder??

It could be that ive cut out all other stims (1 cap hydrazine am) except maybe 75-100 mg caffeine in the afternoon some days.

How does this help w stim tolerance?
preg definitely has an effect on stims for me, I get a lot more bang out of less stims when using preg.

not being scientific here but it might have to do with resetting adrenals?

I really like the .5ml preg on temples 1st thing in morning, before stims...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 24
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Supplements 8