My feedback, protocol and questions regarding yohimbine HCL

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
Hi,

I thought i'd share some feedback on yohimbine.
I've been taking Yo HCL at 15 mg for 1 week. 1 capsule being 2.5 mg, i started with 1, then 3 and then 6. My bodyweight is 83 kg.
My protocol is : taking Yo when i wake up, going to the gym (weither it's for cardio or weights), eating 2h after completing my workout.

The last 2 days, i added 200mg of caffeine and that's where i got most effets which are :

- Good ones :
- Long lasting pumps
- Better energy
- Noticeable fat loss in just over a week (i'm already quite lean)
- Better cardio performance (even when using high intensity exercices such as stairmaster i did not feel uncomfort contrary to some reports, but i'm used to playing around 180 hb/min)
- Massive boners (i'm 24, never had sexual dysfunction but this is a nice addition)

Bad ones :
- Obvious increase in BP in particular just after my first meal
- Crash 1h after my workout but this could be related to being fasted
- Light shaking during the crash

Don't know ones :
- I get cold chills when i push it during my sets

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the chills are something i should be worried about. It's not really a problem but i'm just checking if it's not a symptom that would indicate a potential damage.

Also i understand that many of us use HMB with Yo to prevent catabolism. While i am a great supporter of HMB, i noticed that the capsule version usuallu uses gelatin for coating. I did some research and found that gelatin capsules increase insulin and glucagon. So watch out and use powder form if any.

Thanks in advance for the reply and sorry for my english.

hrvi7

hrvi7

Awards
Hi,

I thought i'd share some feedback on yohimbine.
I've been taking Yo HCL at 15 mg for 1 week. 1 capsule being 2.5 mg, i started with 1, then 3 and then 6. My bodyweight is 83 kg.
My protocol is : taking Yo when i wake up, going to the gym (weither it's for cardio or weights), eating 2h after completing my workout.

The last 2 days, i added 200mg of caffeine and that's where i got most effets which are :

- Good ones :
- Long lasting pumps
- Better energy
- Noticeable fat loss in just over a week (i'm already quite lean)
- Better cardio performance (even when using high intensity exercices such as stairmaster i did not feel uncomfort contrary to some reports, but i'm used to playing around 180 hb/min)
- Massive boners (i'm 24, never had sexual dysfunction but this is a nice addition)

Bad ones :
- Obvious increase in BP in particular just after my first meal
- Crash 1h after my workout but this could be related to being fasted
- Light shaking during the crash

Don't know ones :
- I get cold chills when i push it during my sets

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the chills are something i should be worried about. It's not really a problem but i'm just checking if it's not a symptom that would indicate a potential damage.

Also i understand that many of us use HMB with Yo to prevent catabolism. While i am a great supporter of HMB, i noticed that the capsule version usuallu uses gelatin for coating. I did some research and found that gelatin capsules increase insulin and glucagon. So watch out and use powder form if any.

I would experience cold sweats too after going over 20mg, but after 2-3 days you just get used to that dose so it should stop, dont worry too much about it

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established

Welcome to the forum. The chills/cold sweats are a very common side effect with higher doses of yohimbine hcl. Have you considered trying alpha-yohimbine? This seems to work well for me from a fat loss perspective, but less side effects.

I wouldn't stress the gelatin from the capsules impacting your insulin levels at all. Insulin response correlates the the quantity of carbohydrate ingested. A few capsules will not have any significant impact on your insulin levels, and will not play any significant role in blood sugar. I wouldn't stress over this at all

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive tried alpha yohimbine, yohimbe and combination of both for three contest preps. I got this lean without it this time

I used it and think it works however, it takes up too much time, with work, meals, training, as bcaas negates the effects, and it takes like 30-45 minutes to kick in and have to stay fasted for another hour or two for it to really shine so ahhhh I gave it up. It works for some through

I got my best conditioning this year without it. In 2012 I used it and got good conditioned, just this time I have more muscle and more condition and looks different than 2012

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
Thank you all for your answers.

As far as HMB and gelatin, i won't take any risk. I break my fast 2 hours after training with BCAA + hmb. Then i have lunch with creatine around 12. Basically my feeding window goes from 12 am to 10.30 pm.

John Smeton i totally agree. Using yohimbine is quite tricky and the necessary adjustments often make your diet IF like. Though the toughest part for me is training fasted.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you all for your answers.

As far as HMB and gelatin, i won't take any risk. I break my fast 2 hours after training with BCAA + hmb. Then i have lunch with creatine around 12. Basically my feeding window goes from 12 am to 10.30 pm.

John Smeton i totally agree. Using yohimbine is quite tricky and the necessary adjustments often make your diet IF like. Though the toughest part for me is training fasted.
Yes if youre doing IF it will work well. If not though its too time consuming, and you miss a meal or so and dont eat untill a couple or few hours after waking. No Thanks. I've done fasted training in 2012 and 2017 for contest preparation using yohimbine.