Sodas and training???

Visastorm

Banned
Awards
I have a problem trying to quit drinking Dr. Pepper. Is this hurting my muscle growth? I probably drink around 6 sodas a day and about 3-4 bottles of water a day. Will i be able to gain muscle like this or is this hurting my gains badly?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
diabetes and kidney problems from that much sugar

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I have a problem trying to quit drinking Dr. Pepper. Is this hurting my muscle growth? I probably drink around 6 sodas a day and about 3-4 bottles of water a day. Will i be able to gain muscle like this or is this hurting my gains badly?
6 sodas a day? Get that sh1t under control bro. Its not that hard. I drink a soda once a month or so maybe less and drink 1.5-2 gallons of water a day. You need less soda and more water

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The insulin spikes should actually help gains I would think. Not helping in the fat loss department though for sure

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it goes without saying that there are massive potential health issues ahead if you continue with the 6 soda a day habit as well as the more sugar you eat, the more deficiencies you will have in micronutrients.

As long as those sugars are calculated into your marcos and it fits, then you are good from a muscle building perspective.

Ase_james

Awards
No, its unhealthy as hell, but not going to hinder gains. Id time it around high protien low fat meals or around shake time.

But you know you can get diabetes from that much sugar, right. That will effect your gains...

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it goes without saying that there are massive potential health issues ahead if you continue with the 6 soda a day habit as well as the more sugar you eat, the more deficiencies you will have in micronutrients.

As long as those sugars are calculated into your marcos and it fits, then you are good from a muscle building perspective.
What this guy said. If you take it into account for your macros, it shouldn't hurt your ability to build muscle; however, 6 sugar sodas a day will dramatically impact your health, and probably faster than you would imagine. I'm talking teeth problems, kidney stones, digestive problems, possible insulin resistance from all the spikes and drops, and you don't want any part of that. I would taper off though because if you've been taking in that much for a long time, you might get headaches or become irritable of you suddenly stop caffeine and sugar.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What this guy said. If you take it into account for your macros, it shouldn't hurt your ability to build muscle; however, 6 sugar sodas a day will dramatically impact your health, and probably faster than you would imagine. I'm talking teeth problems, kidney stones, digestive problems, possible insulin resistance from all the spikes and drops, and you don't want any part of that. I would taper off though because if you've been taking in that much for a long time, you might get headaches or become irritable of you suddenly stop caffeine and sugar.
+1000000000000 to this

My dad drank multiple Dr. Pepper's a day when I was growing up and he had to force himself to stop drinking it because it kept giving him painful kidney stones.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and add in dental work down the road, unless you are brushing after each drink. stick to water.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pick up smoking. The nicotine should help balance all that sugar out. Strange how it does that, but science and **** dawg.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Try something like sparkling water water something carbonated but kinda of healthy to curb it bro

DarthGainer

Awards
I don’t think sugar is evil, in fact the very opposite if used in moderation but the issue for you it seems and myself is moderations out the window. I binge on coke, my issue is I only like 3 drinks = coke, sugary tea and milk. I need to find a sub drink.

What do you guys drink other than water?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don’t think sugar is evil, in fact the very opposite if used in moderation but the issue for you it seems and myself is moderations out the window. I binge on coke, my issue is I only like 3 drinks = coke, sugary tea and milk. I need to find a sub drink.

squirt bottles of mio...I probably go thru 2 a week!!!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Coffee with only a drop of almond Milk and hot green tea

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is diet Dr. Pepper not an option? I live on Coke Zero. It's not as good as regular Coke, but I choose the slight change in taste over being obese.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s been almost 17 years since I stopped drinking dark sodas. Once in a while I will drink a diet 7up if I have a headache or need some bubblies. My brother has kidney disease from drinking too much soda and energy drinks.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I usually just drink plain water, but when I feel like switching it up, I put two crystal light powders into a 3L bottle, it gives it just enough flavor to keep it interesting.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I’m hooked to the peach mango tea and the strawberry orange banana lol

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You could try Jim Beam, only 7 calories, and will keep the water weight off. Lol....But, seriously, water works great, and if you need something more, try adding some lemon or cucumber

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When I stated my healthy lifestyle the first thing I did was drop sprite, ‘cold turkey’ actually...And it wasn’t easy, I was a sprite fiend! ...If I can do it, anyone can!

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, it’s 2018 and you got old heads still afraid of sugar lol.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would try to quit the Dr Pepper. You will have some headaches coming off of it from the caffeine withdraw but 6 dr peppers a day is bad. Way too much sugar for your body.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I stated my healthy lifestyle the first thing I did was drop sprite, ‘cold turkey’ actually...And it wasn’t easy, I was a sprite fiend! ...If I can do it, anyone can!
I did the same thing with all sodas. Even now, I will rarely have a diet soda. Reason being I find the carbonation irritates my throat. Sparkling water isn't as carbonated, so those are fine.

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
It’s been almost 17 years since I stopped drinking dark sodas. Once in a while I will drink a diet 7up if I have a headache or need some bubblies. My brother has kidney disease from drinking too much soda and energy drinks.
What did the doctors do for your brothers kidneys??

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I like Kombucha. Carbonated, tastes good, low cal low sugar, and has other gut health related benefits.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you still watch cartoons?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Funny how people say they can’t quit something like soda. I would really look deeper into that because in the end it’s just a sugary drink.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Funny how people say they can’t quit something like soda. I would really look deeper into that because in the end it’s just a sugary drink.
Saw a guy coming out of 7-11 drinking a liter of mountain dew at 9am. Crazy!

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
B0DAA861-759C-4782-841F-EDB3C07CDCA7.jpeg
������

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saw a guy coming out of 7-11 drinking a liter of mountain dew at 9am. Crazy!
In high school I would drink a liter of jolt cola for breakfast.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Any1 who thinks this can fit into there macros and will be ok is a moron. That's over 200gms of suger per day. Use your fycking head