Terrifying exerpience from valerian root and wild lettuce

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

This stuff is a prop blend of valerian root and wild lettuce. The directions say 2 droppers in a glass of water, the thing is the entire thing is 4.8 in tall so it’s a big dropper. I put 2 full droppers in water and drank it. Was expecting a bit better sleep. I felt tired before hand, and after some time in the sheets with the misses(lol I got married last Tuesday), I layed down, I don’t remember going to sleep so it must have been fast.

Then after some time I started dreaming, i was watching my dream unfold in 3rd person. Then not long into it, I started feeling this horrifying feeling like I got magnetized to something and my vision was being distorted. I couldn’t move and actually started speaking in my sleep. I woke my wife up and I think she helped me wake up. It was like 3 am, got up went to the restroom, water, and layed back down.

Even after this I couldn’t go back to sleep, I felt very uncomfortable in bed, I feel like every time i was drifting back into sleep that horrid feeling would come back. Then my thoughts started to wonder and thinking about things from scary movies felt very real. Laying in bed getting goosebumps all over my body, there was like no place to run or hide lol, I honestly wanted to wake my wife up and talk, but didn’t want to mess up her sleep.

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
I am very tolerant to nightmares especially if I had the lucidity effect you seemed to have from it.. I love being on chantex because of the dream sides and how vivid they are.. but that does sound unpleasant for you with how you seem to have viewed it.. but it really seems like somewhat a description of astral projection gone badly tbh.. if that tincture can induce an astral projection even 1 in 10 uses that'd be cool af..

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am very tolerant to nightmares especially if I had the lucidity effect you seemed to have from it.. I love being on chantex because of the dream sides and how vivid they are.. but that does sound unpleasant for you with how you seem to have viewed it.. but it really seems like somewhat a description of astral projection gone badly tbh.. if that tincture can induce an astral projection even 1 in 10 uses that'd be cool af..
This may be the stuff for you lol. Yeah I guess I didn’t know how to handle it, as I haven’t been dreaming all that often lately.
I also drank this stuff prior to bed to, but have been for a couple days now and didn’t get anything like what I did from t initially, so I think it’s the tincture. It’s called refuge by outbreak nutrition.

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Or perhaps the combo..hmm.. this has made me want to start collecting sleep aid supps lol:)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

This stuff is a prop blend of valerian root and wild lettuce. The directions say 2 droppers in a glass of water, the thing is the entire thing is 4.8 in tall so it’s a big dropper. I put 2 full droppers in water and drank it. Was expecting a bit better sleep. I felt tired before hand, and after some time in the sheets with the misses(lol I got married last Tuesday), I layed down, I don’t remember going to sleep so it must have been fast.

Then after some time I started dreaming, i was watching my dream unfold in 3rd person. Then not long into it, I started feeling this horrifying feeling like I got magnetized to something and my vision was being distorted. I couldn’t move and actually started speaking in my sleep. I woke my wife up and I think she helped me wake up. It was like 3 am, got up went to the restroom, water, and layed back down.

Even after this I couldn’t go back to sleep, I felt very uncomfortable in bed, I feel like every time i was drifting back into sleep that horrid feeling would come back. Then my thoughts started to wonder and thinking about things from scary movies felt very real. Laying in bed getting goosebumps all over my body, there was like no place to run or hide lol, I honestly wanted to wake my wife up and talk, but didn’t want to mess up her sleep.
It sounds like you experienced what I go through when I get sleep paralysis. It's scary as hell and can cause anxiety when it happens. It might have been a coincidence or somehow what you took triggered it.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It sounds like you experienced what I go through when I get sleep paralysis. It's scary as hell and can cause anxiety when it happens. It might have been a coincidence or somehow what you took triggered it.
Idk ive experienced sleep paralysis. My paralysis was like me just asleep not able to move or wake up, it wasn’t terrifying just startling at first then you almost get used to it, this was different.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well that guy on the bottle is scary as hell anyway. I bet he definitely has something to do with what you experienced.

"And he would have gotten away with it too... If you wasn't for you meddling kids and that Damn dog."

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Well that guy on the bottle is scary as hell anyway. I bet he definitely has something to do with what you experienced.

"And he would have gotten away with it too... If you wasn't for you meddling kids and that Damn dog."
He definitely looks like he could be on the board of directors for that health resort in "the cure for wellness"

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today I’m going to try this stuff at what I believe to be the serving dosage yesterday seemed to be a lot more. I’m also not gonna use the refuge to see what it does by itself.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today I’m going to try this stuff at what I believe to be the serving dosage yesterday seemed to be a lot more. I’m also not gonna use the refuge to see what it does by itself.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Couple initial thoughts - Phenibut/Valerian mixing may not be wise.

If you are not dreaming a lot lately, you may be low on B6.

It could have also been low blood sugar maybe - the stress from the nightmare and a combo of low blood sugar would maybe create a spike in cortisol that would be hard to get back to sleep from.

You been having a lot of stress lately?

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Well the sleep paralysis could be a real thing cuz the wild lettuce.. but sleep paralysis makes it easy to astral project

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
are you sure the correct dosage was 2 DROPPERS, not 2 DROPS? haha seems like that would make more sense

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Couple initial thoughts - Phenibut/Valerian mixing may not be wise.

If you are not dreaming a lot lately, you may be low on B6.

It could have also been low blood sugar maybe - the stress from the nightmare and a combo of low blood sugar would maybe create a spike in cortisol that would be hard to get back to sleep from.

You been having a lot of stress lately?
Idk even when I was dosing my ZMA ever night I just wasn’t dreaming. Refuge may not come with B6 but that’s good considering I have it a little bit in bulk.

Work has been pretty crazy recently, and just getting married to. I also stopped jarrows KSM66 some days ago. Are you saying the refuge product has Phenibut?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are you sure the correct dosage was 2 DROPPERS, not 2 DROPS? haha seems like that would make more sense
The label says 2 droppers, but today I actually weighed out 2 ml of it. Because there’s 59 ml in the bottle with 29 servings. It did seem significantly less than the first time.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Idk even when I was dosing my ZMA ever night I just wasn’t dreaming. Refuge may not come with B6 but that’s good considering I have it a little bit in bulk.

Work has been pretty crazy recently, and just getting married to. I also stopped jarrows KSM66 some days ago. Are you saying the refuge product has Phenibut?
Yeah - that second product you posted has beta-phenyl-y-butyric acid = Phenibut.

Valeria is a GABA reuptake inhibitor supposedly. Taking it with a GABA agonist may create a runaway situation...at least that is the theory in my head. It mat not work exactly that way in reality.

I would get some P5P and take it before sleep. No need to go crazy..30-50 mg should work if B6 is why you aren't dreaming.

High cortisol will also cause a lot of sleep issues.

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have really crazy dreams when I take Redcon1 Fade Out which has 1g of phenibut. I only use it 1 or 2 times a week when I really need to reset myself.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let us know how it goes:)
I slept a little bit better, but it’s hard to gauge considering I still dont think I slept well. For several weeks now I’ve been very congested, enough to not be able to breathe through my nose at all. 3 different allergy medicines completely failed.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have really crazy dreams when I take Redcon1 Fade Out which has 1g of phenibut. I only use it 1 or 2 times a week when I really need to reset myself.
IMO refuge didn’t help my sleep at all. Which has phenibut in it. I didn’t realize it was phenibut and actually took it some days in a row. Even though it didn’t help I guess I’ll try to space it out.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No additional oobe's?
Nope, just trying to sleep with a runny nose and not being able to breathe through it. Maybe phenibut, wild lettuce, and valerian is gonna give that OOBE.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I slept a little bit better, but it’s hard to gauge considering I still dont think I slept well. For several weeks now I’ve been very congested, enough to not be able to breathe through my nose at all. 3 different allergy medicines completely failed.
Have you tried simple benadryl (diphenhydramine)?

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO refuge didn’t help my sleep at all. Which has phenibut in it. I didn’t realize it was phenibut and actually took it some days in a row. Even though it didn’t help I guess I’ll try to space it out.
Try taking a half serving of Refuge. Sometimes higher doses of phenibut cause restlessness instead of causing sleep. Start with a half dose at 500mg and see how you feel with that.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try taking a half serving of Refuge. Sometimes higher doses of phenibut cause restlessness instead of causing sleep. Start with a half dose at 500mg and see how you feel with that.
Alright will try, even at half dose I don’t wanna take everyday correct?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Alright will try, even at half dose I don’t wanna take everyday correct?
I wouldn't worry so much about every day for a short run at 500 mg - but the issue is tolerance builds fast, so it won't have much effect after a short time. Maybe 3 days, maybe a week...but it likely won't take long.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't worry so much about every day for a short run at 500 mg - but the issue is tolerance builds fast, so it won't have much effect after a short time. Maybe 3 days, maybe a week...but it likely won't take long.
If I’m half dosing it, it’s gonna last 2 months. And I guess this means no wild lettuce and valerian? What you posted about them makes perfect sense y u shouldn’t take together

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was thinking the same thing, I can't imagine those sides on the correct dose.