Good dosed pre/post work out drink that is affordable?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I currently take Jim Stoppani’s Post Jym Active Matrix for a pre and post workout drink. I love it, but it is expensive at a little over a dollar a dose. It has clinical strength dosages of creatine, glutamine, betaine, taurine, branch chain aminos, and L Carnitrine Tartrate, but a bucket cost about $35. Looking to switch to a powder that at least has must of the same supplements in the clinical dosage amounts, but at a more affordable price. If it is missing one or two of the ingredients, but is much less expensive I would consider it. Any suggestions?

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend Nutra Bio Pre or Outlift over Stoppani's supps any day. They are usually sitting around 35-40 dollars for a 20 serving tub, but they are better dosed than his and in my opinion, all around better products.

DCutS

DCutS

Awards
Thats reasonably priced. Why not get a pre-workout and BCAA drink for post?

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For the price you can't beat Ergonine by PES.

It's 19.99 on their website plus you can use discount codes to bring it down to 17. If you pick it up during one of their big sales it's even lower.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would recommend Nutra Bio Pre or Outlift over Stoppani's supps any day. They are usually sitting around 35-40 dollars for a 20 serving tub, but they are better dosed than his and in my opinion, all around better products.
Ya they have a good product that I would even consider even better dosed
than Stoppani’s, but like I said I am looking to save money and they are priced at about the same price point. Best I can find right now is Evulution Nutrtion’s Recover Mode. Can get two 30 dosed bottles for $49 dollars. Post Jym is about $35 dollars a bottle so 2 bottles would be $70. I go through 2 bottles a month so that would be a $21 saving for my supp budget if I switch to that.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thats reasonably priced. Why not get a pre-workout and BCAA drink for post?
I want an all in one type drink that has the basics such as creatine, betaine, and glutamine included, not just bcaas

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

It's 19.99 on their website plus you can use discount codes to bring it down to 17. If you pick it up during one of their big sales it's even lower.
That’s a good price. Will check out the ingredient profile. I steer clear of proprietary blends.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Wow man, just read the product review on Priceplow here https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/pes-ergonine I think I am sold! Clinical doses and only needs to be taken once a day! I would go down from $70 a month to $20! Stoppani’s workout drinks have to be taken twice a day (pre and post workout) .Where can I get the discount codes for it? May add some bcaas too since it doesn’t have those (except leucine) and the product is so cheap I could afford
to still buy some to add to it. Thanks a lot! Doubt this could be beat.

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you want cheap buy bulk. l celluline is staple for me since I don't do stims

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Myprotein do an all-in-one not sure how much it is US though

It’s not badly priced here in the UK

But prob cheaper to buy the ingredients in bulk and add to an iso/hydro protein

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Myprotein do an all-in-one not sure how much it is US though

It’s not badly priced here in the UK

But prob cheaper to buy the ingredients in bulk and add to an iso/hydro protein
Thanks. Think I am going to go with Now Nutrtions bcaa bulk powder. You get like
325 grams bcaa for under $20

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Millennium Sports has Ragnarok Elite Caffeine and caffeine free versions. Great quality ingredients. I prefer quality and certain brands. Many other companies have pre workouts. I even saw an equate pre workout sold at wal mart , in the gym

Thor Bara

Thor Bara

Awards
I really like Dedicated Unbeatable as a no-stim pre workout/ergogenic, it has full dose of:

Citrulline Malate 8 gr
Betaine Anhydrous 4 gr
Peak02 2 gr
KSM66 600 mg
ElevATP*150 mg

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow man, just read the product review on Priceplow here https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/pes-ergonine I think I am sold! Clinical doses and only needs to be taken once a day! I would go down from $70 a month to $20! Stoppani’s workout drinks have to be taken twice a day (pre and post workout) .Where can I get the discount codes for it? May add some bcaas too since it doesn’t have those (except leucine) and the product is so cheap I could afford
to still buy some to add to it. Thanks a lot! Doubt this could be beat.
Use the code "driven"

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Think with the money I am saving by not getting the bcaa I will get beta alanine. It is not in the PES Ergonine and would make a nice addition since it has research to back it up. Now Nutrtion has it in powder form for dirt cheap.
BA has little backing IMO
Better off saving the extra money for food

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cannibal riot by chaos and pain. 30 actual fully dosed scoops of baller ingredients that comes out at 35$ with my code. Now...also remember its on bogo all the time . We really need to get Better about throwing out sales. 2 flavors gummy bear and strawberry watermellon

I offer samples via email so if you're interested send me an email at [email protected] ill get you hooked up..

Good alternatives would be c4, ergonine and more. Those are the 2 that come to mind.

Driven and the solution can hook you up on these forums

IMG_20180604_10543.jpg

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Intramax is really good for this. Very well rounded product and the flavor is amazing. Kinda like an orange cream.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Beta Alanine has solid research behind it according to Examine. See https://examine.com/supplements/beta-alanine/. It is also very cheap.
Almost all research is done on endurance athletes, for 99% of us that is not us. We are typical gym goers who lift weights. Where the effects won't really make a huge difference even if it is cheap. Plus some people hate the tingles associated with it

Research has shown that acute and chronic ingestion of multi-ingredient pre-workout supplements can contribute to improvements in performance and body composition1. However, it is difficult to attribute this directly to beta-alanine, isolating its effects from all of the other ingredients that may improve performance independently (e.g., caffeine, creatine, etc).

Beta-alanine has been shown to reduce neuromuscular fatigue during exercise, however the research looked at supplementation prior to the performance, rather than post-workout.

In fact, the International Society of Sports Nutrition has released a position statement on beta alanine stating [1]:

Four weeks of beta-alanine supplementation (4–6 g daily) significantly augments muscle carnosine concentrations, thus acting as an intracellular pH buffer;
Daily supplementation with 4 to 6 g of beta-alanine for at least 2 to 4 weeks has been shown to improve exercise performance, with more pronounced effects in open end-point tasks/time trials lasting 1 to 4 min in duration;
Beta-alanine attenuates neuromuscular fatigue, particularly in older subjects, and preliminary evidence indicates that beta-alanine may improve tactical performance;
Combining beta-alanine with other single or multi-ingredient supplements may be advantageous when supplementation of beta-alanine is high enough (4–6 g daily) and long enough (minimum 4 weeks).

Most people don't fall into the elite or endurance level athlete which Beta-Alanine was studied on. So is really worth it? Probably not, you can buy it and try for yourself, but in the grand scheme of things I would rather see a person use Citrulline, Betaine, HICA, LCLT for recovery

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I currently take Jim Stoppani’s Post Jym Active Matrix for a pre and post workout drink. I love it, but it is expensive at a little over a dollar a dose. It has clinical strength dosages of creatine, glutamine, betaine, taurine, branch chain aminos, and L Carnitrine Tartrate, but a bucket cost about $35. Looking to switch to a powder that at least has must of the same supplements in the clinical dosage amounts, but at a more affordable price. If it is missing one or two of the ingredients, but is much less expensive I would consider it. Any suggestions?
A similar product you could look into, which you could use pre, post, or intra, is IntraMax. You do get WPH, which is great intra workout. You also get a full dose of creatine, betanine and other ergogenic aids to improve performance, endurance, and body composition. Ergonine and Finish Line are similar as well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A similar product you could look into, which you could use pre, post, or intra, is IntraMax. You do get WPH, which is great intra workout. You also get a full dose of creatine, betanine and other ergogenic aids to improve performance, endurance, and body composition. Ergonine and Finish Line are similar as well.
Intramax fits the bill! Taste is an orange cream like flavor. My wife loves it.

I wish TF carried it. Price is about $40. Haven’t really looked for any deals lately but if you would like me to just let me know and I’ll try to find you the best price.