Muscle Preservation on a cut

pro45

Awards
When your calories are below maintenance, my one-two punch is creatine and HMB. What supplements do you favor?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Heard about Hydra Head 6? The main purpose of the supplement is to preserve muscle. I haven't used it. But, I am sure few people here would have and can chime in.

Last edited:
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One thing to consider aside from supplementation is keto. That should definitely preserve muscle on a cut, or even in any event of oxidative stress brought on by aerobics.

What my plan is currently and has been successful here: I am taking Vector / Follidrone 2.0 and the are a great golden stack for gaining on a cut. This recomp combo is helping me gain muscle on a cut. Adding in Keto will, in my estimation permit a glazing of this stick of dynamite stack.

I'm into week 7/8 and loving how I am progressing and how I feel. I don't see a down side to this.

-M

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've used Hydra Six Head and it does help alot. Your always going to loose some, but it does aid in preservation.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Intramax and increased protein intake are my two rules for holding onto muscle during a cut. Intramax covers the creatine, electrolytes, glutamine, and a whole bunch of other great staples that help with both performance and recovery. Keeping the protein intake high is what always works well for me, typically 1.2g-1.5g per pound of body weight

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like justhere4comm said. The Vector/FD2.0 stack would definitely help preserve muscle while on a cut. I always would run follidrone while cutting in the past to help hold onto muscle mass.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Adequate protein intake and you’ll be fine

franks009

Awards
  • Established
Im running shift, fit throid, fd2 and vector. The vector n fd2 is keeping my muscles full all day. Even upon waking. Also no loss in strength. Been on fd2 for 3 weeks and just added the others a few days ago. Felt vector effects the first day

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer creatine, eating lean high protein foods, lifting heavy (4-6 reps) and MassMax :)

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used Hydra Six Head and it does help alot. Your always going to loose some, but it does aid in preservation.
The only product mentioned which is specifically designed to preserve muscle.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heard about Hydra Head 6? The main purpose of the supplement is to preserve muscle. I haven't used it. But, I am sure few people here would have and can chime in.
I used it and enjoyed my experience with the product....def overlooked by many

creatine is just a staple so I use it no matter what

and I'm a huge fan of aminos, I know ppl are down on them but I feel like if implemented correctly are a big help....for example if you are in a calorie deficit and a meal doesn't contain proper amount of protein, have some aminos with it to get that protein synthesis where it should be

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established

and I'm a huge fan of aminos, I know ppl are down on them but I feel like if implemented correctly are a big help....for example if you are in a calorie deficit and a meal doesn't contain proper amount of protein, have some aminos with it to get that protein synthesis where it should be
Agreed man, I’ve had good success with aminos. Actually, just leucine has been my main staple. I’ll spike MPS between meals and if I know I’m having a meal or snack that doesn’t contain sufficient quantities I’ll boost it with however much is needed to reach the ~3g minimum for maximizing mps.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established

Agreed man, I’ve had good success with aminos. Actually, just leucine has been my main staple. I’ll spike MPS between meals and if I know I’m having a meal or snack that doesn’t contain sufficient quantities I’ll boost it with however much is needed to reach the ~3g minimum for maximizing mps.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like AlphaMax as an all around product to aid during a cut. AlphaMax, although a natural anabolic, contains ingredients to aid with cortisol, which can be higher during a cut, forskolin to help with body composition, as well as other ingredients to aid with body composition. I would also suggest an ergogenic aid, such as IntraMax, Ergonine, or Finish Line to aid with recovery and performance.