justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you have taken it or currently take it, I'd like perspectives on this supplement.
After searching the forums, I have found only posts relating to it, but no dedicated threads.

I've done a cursory search and light research,but while I do this, let's maybe find out together.

SPIRULINA

I found this, and it's interesting to me for it's high rating,
but am not predisposed at the moment to leap

spirulina.png

Also, got this off of a link on Farcebook, lol,
and the evil scientist in me is intrigued.

spgrow.png

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think like most things there are some great benefits and some that are over hyped. In the end it doesn't hurt to see how it works for you.

I

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive been taking an organic spirullina and chorella product for the last month and I can actually tell its working in terms of energy. I dont experience that midday lethargy that I normally do. Lots of benefits to those two products. Im a fan so far.

K

Kaiyas_daddy

Awards
  • Established
Well worth it. Affordable and noticable health benefits even if you eat a lot of greens in your diet. Noticable effects for me: energy, well-being, libido, mental clarity.

Nutrex Spirulina a good one. Add to smoothies, shot gun a serving in a few oz of water, add to anything (popcorn, stews, chili, etc). Very versatile.

G

GainVane

Awards
I’ve heard it has many benefits for overall health but I’m too ready to jump in to include this not as a supplement but as coverage for macros. Being an incredibly dense protein to weight food! A complete protein at 2 tbl spoon = 8g Protein.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Solid ingredient. Surprising amount of research for a variety of things. Pretty affordable too.
I’ve heard it has many benefits for overall health but I’m too ready to jump in to include this not as a supplement but as coverage for macros. Being an incredibly dense protein to weight food! A complete protein at 2 tbl spoon = 8g Protein.
The research suggests that there are actual benefits independent of simply protein content, and, although it’s high in protein, it’s a relatively expensive source of protein (per gram). Studies have found performance-related benefits with only a few grams; we know that a few grams of protein isn’t going to do much, so it’s likely that there are other actives in Spirulina besides just the protein. It’s a good/healthy food too, but very expensive to try to make a real “meal” out of, and doesn’t need to be dosed very high anyway (2-6g/day or so), which is trivial in regards to additional protein intake.