Is there any evidence that NAC lowers testosterone?

1. Is there any evidence that NAC lowers testosterone?

I supplement with it 600 x 2 day

Thanks!

•   

2. Where did you hear this to begin with? It seems like there is some evidence it can prevent the disruption of steroid production from certain toxins, etc....I've never heard it would reduce test?

3. Quote Originally Posted by john10960 View Post
    I supplement with it 600 x 2 day

Thanks!
    Ive never come across that in the literature.

And by "literature" I mean Penthouse articlez.

4. @Nac...You lower testosterone?, Remind me never to hang out with you.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?
    •   

5. The only thing I lower is the IQ of a thread

6. http://suppversity.blogspot.de/2013/...duces.html?m=1

An article that thought might suggest it but maybe my
    Newbieness is making me misinterpret

7. Quote Originally Posted by john10960 View Post
    http://suppversity.blogspot.de/2013/...duces.html?m=1

An article that thought might suggest it but maybe my
    Newbieness is making me misinterpret
    Good article...but it has more to do with inflammatory response than hormonal response. When we exercise there is a release of inflammatory chemicals which signal cells to recover and build (anabolism).

Testosterone isn't the signaling they are talking about.

This effect seems to be typical of strong antioxidants - even a large dose of vitamin C seems to have this effect. Anything that decreases inflammation, like ibuprofen or aspirin, will also have similar effects.

Quite frankly I wouldn't worry about it much at all, but you could avoid using NAC within a couple hours of your workout.

8. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    but you could avoid using NAC within a couple hours of your workout.
    I think I've read somewhere in another thread that it's OK to take it preworkout?

9. Quote Originally Posted by JulzRulz View Post
    I think I've read somewhere in another thread that it's OK to take it preworkout?
    Yeah...honestly I think it is majoring in minors, plus things like this always bring trade offs. It may reduce your response to the workout, so maybe you have less growth before your next workout, but it may also mean you recover a little faster too because of the reduced free radical damage.

On the other hand, arachadonic acid works off the reverse of the same principle - it increases the inflammatory response, and most people say it is very effective for a natural strength builder.

10. Thank you for the reply.

I will keep taking 600mg AM PWO and another 600mg later in the afternoon.

11. Never heard anything like that. What's your source?
    https://juggernautlabz.com/ Code Frey10 .
    Mr. Supps Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com 10% off
    Iconic Formulations and Iron Legion Code Chef www.iconicformulations.com 25% off

12. When it comes to NAC, I feel the benefits outweigh any cons that could be associated and I have yet to hear of any that would sway me from keeping this as a staple.

13. The reason I take NAC is to help with tinnitus and hearing protection. (Studies shown to prove this). So I don’t take it pre or post workout per say, but once in the morning and one at night. Do you think it would interfere with gains taken in this manner?

14. Of course not.

Let me just say that even if there was some minor evidence that NAC was associated with a negligible lowering of test, there isn't a single person on this board that would be able to notice this. You will see a bigger impact with a single restless night of sleep.

15. Quote Originally Posted by john10960 View Post
    The reason I take NAC is to help with tinnitus and hearing protection. (Studies shown to prove this). So I donít take it pre or post workout per say, but once in the morning and one at night. Do you think it would interfere with gains taken in this manner?
    No, thatís fine. I also use NAC regularly

16. Well I take NAC sustain so maybe I should take a single shot dose instead.

17. Quote Originally Posted by john10960 View Post
    Well I take NAC sustain so maybe I should take a single shot dose instead.
    Go for it on your next order, but no need to waste what you currently have
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is there any Transdermal that is cheap?
    By xjmj15x in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 12:07 PM
  2. Is there any foods that dramatically increases libido or sexdrive?
    By Chrisbolic in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 08:02 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 04:41 PM
  4. is there any prohormones that are good for tendons
    By bigrich954rr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:55 PM
  5. Is there any PH that works well for women?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2002, 04:48 PM