Which supps can be stored in the freezer to extend shelf life

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
hi guys,
just a quick question.
if one wanted to stock up on lets say sarms, would it be useful to store them in the freezer?
i usually put my hardcore pre workouts in there to avoid clumping and extend shelf life. is this also useful for
sarms/phs/fat burners etc?
thanks alot!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I think it would make more sense to store at room temp. in a vacuum sealed container. It's hard to give a definitive answer since some ingredients may lose their effect after being frozen. I would vacuum seal and store in a dark place (closet, cabinet, etc.) if it were me.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like said, stored in dry dark place is probably the best versus storing in freezer.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Digestive enzymes and probiotics but even then I just use the refrigerator and not the freezer. I know a dr who recommends keeping fish oil in the freezer to prevent fish burps but I don't buy it

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Digestive enzymes and probiotics but even then I just use the refrigerator and not the freezer. I know a dr who recommends keeping fish oil in the freezer to prevent fish burps but I don't buy it
OP I would go with the refrigerator myself, good suggestion here. Thats where I store all my standalone noots and never had any issues.

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
OP I would go with the refrigerator myself, good suggestion here. Thats where I store all my standalone noots and never had any issues.
hey guys, thanks for all the tips.
so refigerator should work for sarms, phs, etc?
is there dry air in a refrigerator?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The only ones I would really freeze is fish oils.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I have stored dozens of pre workouts, fish oils and anything that easily absorbs water in the freezer with no issue at all. Any dry powder sealed right can be tossed in the freezer but IMO fish oil and pre workouts that clump easily are the only things I bother with putting in the freezer.

I think it would make more sense to store at room temp. in a vacuum sealed container. It's hard to give a definitive answer since some ingredients may lose their effect after being frozen. I would vacuum seal and store in a dark place (closet, cabinet, etc.) if it were me.

It's highly unlikely any dry ingredient is going to be much effected sealed right in a freezer the powder it self isn't going to freeze it will simply be cold and I am not aware of any dry compound having any issue being stored cold I can tell you I have stored everything from nuts, flours to every pre workout I ever tried in a freezer for extended periods of time without any problems in the hundreds of products/foods like flour/nuts.

This isn't even something IMO to even worry about degradation at humid temps or so called room temp which is going to vary widely is a far larger issue than just being cold and dark.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hey guys, thanks for all the tips.
so refigerator should work for sarms, phs, etc?
is there dry air in a refrigerator?
Relatively speaking the air in the fridge and the freezer are low humidity assuming you are not constantly going in and out of fridge.
Not a expert on sarms or phs but I would see no reason why they would not be fine in the fridge. Its dark, cool, and dry so should be a good environment

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Fish burps no clue lol agreed on that but preserving it to either last longer or keep it from going rancid def a good idea

If your buying any kind of fat in bulk it's best to store it in the freezer fats will turn/go rancid doesn't matter what kind of fat so storing it in the freezer will vastly prolong a fat's life such as nuts, butter/oil spreads even fish oil which is fat.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
garz Supplement Auction 2
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Supplement Auction 6
Supplement Auction 6