I need suggestions for Pre-Workout with lots of kick but a big crash after.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys, I know that most people are looking for strong preworkouts that don't have any crash.

Well, I am looking for a strong preworkout that does have a crash. I workout in the evenings and typically use a pre-workout. However often I will end up awake into the wee hours of the night after using one with any kick. I get tired of having to pick between very mild stimulation, or not sleeping at night, so I figured I would ask.

So what I am asking for is for anyone to suggest preworkouts they have used that had some serious kick but fall off very quickly, or have what most refer to as a crash a couple hours after. I wanna feel the boom but be able to sleep a few hours later also...

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The preworkouts that have caused huge crashes on me have been
-APS - Mesomorph
-C&P - Riot
-Sparta - Kraken

.. but everyone is different, so you may not react the same as me to these.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
-APS - Mesomorph
-C&P - Riot
-Sparta - Kraken

About how long post ingestion would you say that the crash happened with these? Too bad there isn't just a 2 hour stim... that's all I need...

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
About how long post ingestion would you say that the crash happened with these? Too bad there isn't just a 2 hour stim... that's all I need...
Riot has 350mg of caffeine.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right around 2-3 hrs.

I should mention that it was the riot before they made changes to it this year

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
For me personally, the higher the stimulant dose the harder the crash. Mr.Hyde gave me a crash in about 3.5 hours past the consumption, but i still couldn't sleep. I had a huge crash was tired af, but still i wouldn't sleep for many hours.
For example i would take it at 6pm. It would kick in around 6.30pm, almkst in time when i arrive at the gym. Then the crash around 9 to 10pm. But i couldn't sleep before 12 or am most of the time. Sometimes i would be awake till 2.30am.
So i dont think thats wgat you're looking for

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Riot has 350mg of caffeine.
That's a chunk of caffeine for sure.
Right around 2-3 hrs.

I should mention that it was the riot before they made changes to it this year
Thanks Brother!
For me personally, the higher the stimulant dose the harder the crash. Mr.Hyde gave me a crash in about 3.5 hours past the consumption, but i still couldn't sleep. I had a huge crash was tired af, but still i wouldn't sleep for many hours.
For example i would take it at 6pm. It would kick in around 6.30pm, almkst in time when i arrive at the gym. Then the crash around 9 to 10pm. But i couldn't sleep before 12 or am most of the time. Sometimes i would be awake till 2.30am.
So i dont think thats wgat you're looking for
Yeah, that is kind of the experience I am trying to get away from.

I would love to see someone make a night time Pre-Workout designed to give maybe 90-120 minutes of stim then drop back off. That would be so awesome and would definitely have it's own niche... I think most try to have longer stim effects with no crash which is awesome but leaves a section of the market untapped.

W

WarEeyore

Awards
I think by and large that untapped market goes more into the stim-free options by default rather than anything else.

Not that I disagree I think it just comes down to personal experience to really formulate something specific. Case in point for me, anything with DMAA and I would have to nap within an hour post workout. That type of experience sounds like it'd be good for you.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
-APS - Mesomorph
-C&P - Riot
-Sparta - Kraken

Are you referring to the newer Mesomorph with Senegalia or whatever that is in it? I just finished up a tub of that and was taking 1/2-2/3 of a scoop and still ending up awake at midnight or later. However even at a whole scoop it wasn't really that strong of a stim. Just kept me awake, but it was actually better than most for being able to sleep within a few hours of working out.

Obviously I could go with some of the non stim preworkouts but I am more looking for something to motivate me when tired and wanting to skip the gym but not keep me up. I may just be ish out of luck...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think by and large that untapped market goes more into the stim-free options by default rather than anything else.

Not that I disagree I think it just comes down to personal experience to really formulate something specific. Case in point for me, anything with DMAA and I would have to nap within an hour post workout. That type of experience sounds like it'd be good for you.
Yes, I used to love DMAA for that very reason. I was able to sleep after getting amped the fug up!!!

However I think that many that are in the stim free camp are their out of a lack of options that won't keep them awake all night.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe try a stim free one and then when you get to the gym try some sugar or try drinking a regular Red Bull or similar drink with the pre.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe try a stim free one and then when you get to the gym try some sugar or try drinking a regular Red Bull or similar drink with the pre.
THose red bull, are meant to last for hours so not sure if that would be good. Plus I don't really notice too much from them. I think a no stim is an option but also half doses are as well if I need the kick.

B

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
A huge crash from 400 plus mg of caffeine and 80mg of DMAA etc.. etc.. does not mean you will be able sleep lmao. It means you will be tossing and turning all night and guarantee you will feel like absolute **** the next day. Perfect way to derail any gains and bring on injuries lol....never heard something so funny.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A huge crash from 400 plus mg of caffeine and 80mg of DMAA etc.. etc.. does not mean you will be able sleep lmao. It means you will be tossing and turning all night and guarantee you will feel like absolute **** the next day. Perfect way to derail any gains and bring on injuries lol....never heard something so funny.
Not really looking for a crash, as a true crash tends to be from your system being overstimulated. I just couldn't think of a better word for it in the title.

I am honestly just checking to see if anyone has experienced any preworkouts that have a shorter stimulant effect time. When I am beat and go home and the choice is end up sucked into the couch or taking a preworkout so I have to get up to work off the stimulants or not be able to sleep is still a better idea than not training at all. Especially since I take half doses. I couldn't sleep off of 400mg caffiene and 80mg dmaa now... Many years ago when my CNS was probably burned out a bit from all the stim then yes but now I think I would be up all night. Probably even with half that dose.

Do you happen to know of any shorter acting stims or preworkouts?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
THose red bull, are meant to last for hours so not sure if that would be good. Plus I don't really notice too much from them. I think a no stim is an option but also half doses are as well if I need the kick.

Only thing that keeps coming up in my head is a sugar crash. I’m not a stim person , but I would suspect anything with a decent stim will have a crash but won’t let you sleep, kind of like being tired and the legs want to keep moving.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I understand your thought process..... however mesomorph used to make me crash HARD but just because I was crashing did not mean I was tired. I always had ****ty sleep from meso. I honestly think your best bet would be a stim free option.

B

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Not really looking for a crash, as a true crash tends to be from your system being overstimulated. I just couldn't think of a better word for it in the title.

I am honestly just checking to see if anyone has experienced any preworkouts that have a shorter stimulant effect time. When I am beat and go home and the choice is end up sucked into the couch or taking a preworkout so I have to get up to work off the stimulants or not be able to sleep is still a better idea than not training at all. Especially since I take half doses. I couldn't sleep off of 400mg caffiene and 80mg dmaa now... Many years ago when my CNS was probably burned out a bit from all the stim then yes but now I think I would be up all night. Probably even with half that dose.

Do you happen to know of any shorter acting stims or preworkouts?
I understand. Nooptropics may be a better idea. I quit stims about a year ago now - and never have had so much energy. My workouts are now more focused and I rarely get injuries now. After a while - even only at a few times a week - pre-workouts seem to become counter productive. They are not for the long haul. I have been working out a long time and not so many years ago - nobody really used stims and we had great workouts. Just something to consider. I hope you have great workouts and a great sleep - they are hand hand for the long run.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mesomorph!

I would suggest something like Nootropimax but I’ve only used it at 1 cap / day so I’m not sure how much of a crash one would see from using more than 1. Maybe others will chime in.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would agree with mesomorph like others have suggested. You can check out Wild Thing but imo it has a more lasting effect without the crash but it has a nice pwo profile and there is a new flavor available.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DMAA causes a crash for me, as does DMHA, but not an hour or two post-WO, usually late afternoon (I workout in the AM). You could try PEA as the half life is super short, as in minutes to hit and then drops off pretty immediately, which is why it's usually combined with other stims.

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For me anything with DMAA causes a crash about 4 hours after consumption. Also as mentioned could also go the noot route, something like phenylpiracetam added to a lower stim option really enhances the focus factor for me and doesnt really interfere with my sleep. Only issue is tolerance build up to phenylpiracetam so you should only use it twice a week or so (Limitless by innovapharm is a good option to look at) . I also like to add noopepet to lower stim pres to help increase the focus so I usually rotate between the 2 throughout the week.

Monday through Friday I workout in the evenings (usually around 7pm) and am up at 5:30am the next day so I know the struggle you are going through. Honestly for me I just had to try a bunch of different things until I found some options that were usable in my scenario. I like the focus feeling over the raw crackhead energy feeling so adding noots has help keep my stim intake down.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all of the replies guys! Some of the same ones I expected. I think I might try some nooptropics and see how that works out.

I do still have amazing workouts even without pre-workouts, just sometimes I am so beat I won't workout without one.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used Total War a few months ago and I literally had to fight myself from going to sleep on the drive home. I was completely rested that day and have not used it since.

There was definitely a huge crash for me, but I never really got up anywhere on it either..

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Chris,

What you're looking for is a caffeine-free pre workout like Millennium Sports RAGNOROK-ELITE™ . Heres the ingredients https://millenniumsport.net/products/ragnorok-elite-copy/ MySTeek Just posted some studies on one of the ingredients dmae http://anabolicminds.com/forum/millennium-sport-technologies/302546-what-benefits-dmae.html#post6001846 MST is top notch quality. id go for this.

It has some nice ingredients

another one you may consider is Hi techs off the chain Its 100 mgs caffeine and 20 mgs dmaa.

N

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you want to go further in the RC market- find PPAP Hcl. 15-25 mgs added to a pre gives me a great boost but then a hard crash, usually requiring an afternoon nap.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey Chris,

What you're looking for is a caffeine-free pre workout like Millennium Sports RAGNOROK-ELITE™ . Heres the ingredients https://millenniumsport.net/products/ragnorok-elite-copy/ MySTeek Just posted some studies on one of the ingredients dmae http://anabolicminds.com/forum/millennium-sport-technologies/302546-what-benefits-dmae.html#post6001846 MST is top notch quality. id go for this.

It has some nice ingredients

another one you may consider is Hi techs off the chain Its 100 mgs caffeine and 20 mgs dmaa.
Nice suggestion John! I will go read up on that one too. I have enjoyed the few MST supps that I have used.

If you want to go further in the RC market- find PPAP Hcl. 15-25 mgs added to a pre gives me a great boost but then a hard crash, usually requiring an afternoon nap.
Very interesting, I will have a look into this. I use RC stuff depending on the science behind them.