Proven studies For Creatine and HMB to help lean muscle mass growth?

Neecey2809

Neecey2809

Awards
Hi guys I have creatine and looking to get some HMB on Friday can anyone tell me if there's any studies that provide proof that HMB and Creatine help in lean muscle mass growth ? I don't really want to waste my money on anything not proven scientifically (no offence to any companies on AM I'm just a poor man at the moment and need something proven that I know will work) thank you kind regards Sam

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I think I've read that HMB doesnt do anything at all. I think there were very minimal differneces between hmb and the placebo results in the test group. If i find it I'll link it below.
Creatine is maybe the supplement with the moat studies on it to prove effectiveness and safety (monohydrate at least).
Creatine helps INDIRECTLY with muscle growth, providing bogger storages of ATP, in turn improving anaerobic production of energy, so improving muscle strength and stamina in the 8-10 sec lifting duration. So it builds muscle by allowing you to lift heavuer weight for more reps in order to stimulate the muscles more

Neecey2809

Neecey2809

Awards
I think I've read that HMB doesnt do anything at all. I think there were very minimal differneces between hmb and the placebo results in the test group. If i find it I'll link it below.
Creatine is maybe the supplement with the moat studies on it to prove effectiveness and safety (monohydrate at least).
Creatine helps INDIRECTLY with muscle growth, providing bogger storages of ATP, in turn improving anaerobic production of energy, so improving muscle strength and stamina in the 8-10 sec lifting duration. So it builds muscle by allowing you to lift heavuer weight for more reps in order to stimulate the muscles more
So should I take my creatine 30 mins before or after my workout and could you recommend me anything else instead of HMB ? I don't really mind paying like 30 or 40 pounds if is proven to work and also thank you for your reply :)

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
First of all if i were you, I would get creatine monohydrate. The cheapest and most studied version of creatine. I would take 5g with my protein post workout, or if you're bulking, 5g of creatine with a simple carb (either consume your post workout meal or add 20grams dextrose powder with the creatine and drink it, it will rapidly increase absorption rate before it's converted in creatinine in the body).
I use creatine on my cut helps me retain strength while on a deficit.
I would recommend you for your first week to take 5grams creatine 4 times a day (20g in total) in order to saturate your body's creatine stores, amd then continue with 5g a day. Now many people say its not needed, but i do it anyway. Have in mind that creatine dose in the first week might make you feel bloated but it goes away when you go down to 5g a day. Also creatine monohydrate will cause some water retention (nothing much really, you'll be a little bulkier), because it draws more water into cells, which is a good thing.
I would recommend you instead of spending money on hmb to get aome dextrose if you're bulking.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other studies have shown HMB to have benefits in various situations. Either way, it’s more useful when you’re “overreaching,” or close to it, as it prevents catabolism more than actually promotes muscle growth.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Other studies have shown HMB to have benefits in various situations. Either way, it’s more useful when you’re “overreaching,” or close to it, as it prevents catabolism more than actually promotes muscle growth.
That's what i meant. There are mixed results on HMB from many studies, not consistent results, like creatine had on studies.
Id prefer some leucine or EAA's over HMB to be honest