A Couple Supplements - Max Suggest Duration of Use Before Break

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Trying to get all my ducks in a row and wondering the max amount of time you can run the following supplements before it is required to take time off. I understand breaks are always needed to keep receptors fresh and keep the benefits of the supplements going, but more so looking for everyone's input of suggested time on before coming off.

Fenugreek
Ephedrine
Carnatine
Xgels
Agmatine
Alphamax (mainly forskolin and the anti estrogen ingredient)
Assass1nate

I know thereare others, I'll post them as I think of them. Also, is it always required to go with the rule of time on = time off, or with some of these would it be ok to run for say 8 weeks and then take a 2-4 week break just to give your body a break?

Thanks for any guidance!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will respond to AlphaMax since I'm a rep for Performax. We always suggest 8 weeks followed by 4 week break. While AlphaMax is natural, you still want to give your body a rest from controlling estrogen, cortisol, etc. That 4 week break is always a good place to run something like MassMax or Xgels both of those have different effects on body compared to AlphaMax.

F95 is great ran long periods 12-16 weeks for most users. You could grab standalone F95 and continue after AlphaMax. I believe OL still sells it, and possibly still PES.

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Great thanks! I have used alphamax in the past on a 4 or 6 week on, and then a 2 week off protocol.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here's my opinion

Fenugreek * 4 weeks
Ephedrine * short term. I personally don't like for more than when needed
Carnatine * 8 weeks 1 -2 week break
Xgels * 50 workouts
Agmatine * no need
Assass1nate * when eating higher carb meals. no need.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'll respond to the ones that I'm knowledgeable on:

Fenugreek - not sure
Ephedrine - can be run long term. Studies show that ephedrine helps with metabolic rate over long periods of time, but I would still cycle off every 8-12 weeks
Carnatine - long term. Techincally this is just an amino acid, so there shouldn't be any complications with long term use
Xgels - 50 days on is the normal cycle. Any longer and you'll begin to notice joint/tendon pain due to inflammation.
Agmatine - long term. Never had issues with long term Agmatine supplementation. But for pumps and effectiveness you may want to cycle off every so often.
Alphamax - 8 weeks on, 3-4 weeks off. I wouldn't suggest running it any longer than 8 weeks sequentially
Assass1nate - not too sure, but I'm sure there is a label recommendation

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
How come such a short recommended run of fenugreek?

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Would it be ok to run xgels a little longer than just 50 workouts? Say... 60 workouts?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's my opinion

Fenugreek * 4 weeks
Ephedrine * short term. I personally don't like for more than when needed
Carnatine * 8 weeks 1 -2 week break
Xgels * 50 workouts
Agmatine * no need
Assass1nate * when eating higher carb meals. no need.
pretty much on point there. I have gone a little longer on xgels but have never stopped Agmatine in years

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ephedrine (I'm assuming with caffeine) can actually be used relative long-term according to some studies, like this one that was 24 weeks:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8384186

I've also seen studies using fenugreek for at least 8 weeks, so you could likely run it for 8 weeks before taking a break.