Mood enhancer supplement?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, so long story short I just broke up after a 9 year relationship and I’m feeling very demotivated both at work and in the gym, mood is very low and I have a hard time keep going these days.

Is there any supplement that can boost/enhance mood and an overall “well being” feeling?

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Joepower

Joepower

Awards
Full on Nootropic or just a simple ingredient?

I love 5-HTP for mood enhancement.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Phenibut man.... You will feel great and it won't bother you so much... Just limit it to 2-4 days/week.

leroyjenkinss

leroyjenkinss

Awards
Hey guys, so long story short I just broke up after a 9 year relationship and I’m feeling very demotivated both at work and in the gym, mood is very low and I have a hard time keep going these days.

Is there any supplement that can boost/enhance mood and an overall “well being” feeling?

I've been there before dude, you'll get through it.

Honestly, when I got out of relationship it was difficult to me to work out too so I decided to try out crossfit simply because it was group focused, it actually really helped out a lot. After about 2-3 months I went back to lifting once I got out of my funk. Plus crossfit is too damn expensive lol

Joepower

Joepower

Awards
Phenibut man.... You will feel great and it won't bother you so much... Just limit it to 2-4 days/week.
Phenibut is great but you have to use very sparingly. I can only do like twice a week when I used it.

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
5 HTP, tryptophan, ashwaghanda, SAMe in the morning on an empty stomach, theanine, lemon balm, dioscin, gaba, kava kava, kratom, phenibut, any fat burner with eria jarensis, those are just a few off the top of my head.

My break up was the biggest motivation for me and my relationship with the gym! Use this hurt you are feeling as FUEL to push harder than you ever have before. If you can't find the motivation, start thinking about your future. As cliche as it sounds dont think about the break up or the past. Take some time to yourself, do some soul searching and create a VISION in your mind for the rest of your life. That should get you excited, and give you something to look forward to and work towards! Best of luck buddy

TooMuchSauce

Awards
I would say Phenibut just like what the other guys are saying.

Try to limit it to no more than twice a week because you will build a tolerance to it and wont be as effective.

I took it twice and the first time was just really sleepy and relaxed.

The second time i took it, i was talking to everyone

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know it’s not your question, but I want to advise you mourn your loss and work to move through it and accept it vs masking it with something like phenibut. Force yourself to eat super clean, workout, and surround yourself with family/friends.

leroyjenkinss

leroyjenkinss

Awards
I know it’s not your question, but I want to advise you mourn your loss and work to move through it and accept it vs masking it with something like phenibut. Force yourself to eat super clean, workout, and surround yourself with family/friends.
I completely agree with this sentiment.

Try to put yourself in situations that help lift you up, that's why I chose to do a group workout (crossfit). Having others holding me accountable and looking forward to seeing me really helped a lot.

We're here for you too dude. Never be afraid to shoot a pm or anything.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
living well is the best revenge.....

providing of course you are looking for revenge, lol....either way living well is the way to go!!!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am not a huge fan of phenibut simply because you can't use it daily. It might be something you buy and just dose every couple days when you really need a boost. For me, EC has always given me a nice mood/mental boost, especially if you toss in theanine. I picked up a couple bottles of Noopept from SNS and that actually gives me a nice feeling of wellness and clarity. Breakups suck, those of us who are divorced can attest to that lol. Best thing for me was simply dealing with it as best i could, not running away from the pain, and staying busy. The second i stopped or slowed down... i had some bad times. Take up a new hobby or something, get outside as much as you can, surround yourself with positivity.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nootropimax is the bomb for real.

A few years back I was in a similar situation as you are. Broke up after 6+ years. The only thing that helped me was time. I found new hobbies to keep me busy (more involved with cars and guitars), I was rarely alone and focused on me. Just takes time to heal.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Source Naturals Serene Science Theanine Serene with Relora. This product can be used daily unlike phenibut. The ingredient profile is solid and the price is reasonable. It won't completely diminish what you're feeling but it might turn it down a bit so you can focus on other coping strategies. Stay busy. Meditation helps.

About the product
• Source naturals theanine serene w/relora 120t contains magnesium to support muscle and nerve relaxation
• Source naturals theanine serene w/relora 120t has calming holy basil leaf extract to gently soothe away the tension in your body.
• Suitable for vegetarians. Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, soy or wheat. Contains no sugar, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance
• Contains the amino acids L-theanine, to support relaxing brain wave activity
• Contains taurine to ease tension, as well as the calming neurotransmitter GABA
• Features magnesium to support muscle and nerve relaxation
• Contains calming holy basil leaf extract and Relora® to gently soothe away the tension in your body
• 2 tablets daily, or as recommended by your health care professional

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That surely is tough...not an easy thing to go through.

This combo never fails to perk me up:
Wash down a Vicaine or two with some RE1GN, and follow that up with some Androsterone.
Kratom (Green Maeng Da is my favorite so far) could also be substituted for the Vicaine.

That is me...but in general terms, I would say this would be an ideal circumstance to experiment with some Kratom. It has never given me any withdrawal issues..

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That surely is tough...not an easy thing to go through.

This combo never fails to perk me up:
Wash down a Vicaine or two with some RE1GN, and follow that up with some Androsterone.
Kratom (Green Maeng Da is my favorite so far) could also be substituted for the Vicaine.

That is me...but in general terms, I would say this would be an ideal circumstance to experiment with some Kratom. It has never given me any withdrawal issues..
Kratom...

Man i have suffered the withdrawals! It passes shaprish though.. But this time round i have limited doses. Last time i was knocking back 8-10 grams spread out over the day.

Kratom has been the best mood enhancement i have ever tried. Its not euphoric or nothing it just like a feeling of well being... Also being a very bad anxiety sufferer it has completely eliminated that. I am more talkitive. More laidback also. I use to use pre workouts ALOT. Soon as i use to run out previous i would just buy a different pre to run again.... I havent took a pre workout in 6 months since tsking Kratom also. I enjoy my workouts alot more just using Kratom.

So a thumbs up for Kratom... I have tried every mood enhancement thier is. Macuna's.. 5-htp.. DMAA.. DMHA.. St Johns Wort.. CBD Oil etc etc Nothing helped.

Another nice addition is Ashwaghanda. Another supplelment i highly rate

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
Forget the supplements. It's always sad when relationship comes to an end, but it can be liberating too. It's too easy to fall in self pity in that situation, but that just makes things worse. Just get back in the saddle and enjoy your freedom for a change. You'll get over it, trust me.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like others have said phenibut xt by sns would be a great one to try if you haven't before.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kratom...

Man i have suffered the withdrawals! It passes shaprish though.. But this time round i have limited doses. Last time i was knocking back 8-10 grams spread out over the day.

Kratom has been the best mood enhancement i have ever tried. Its not euphoric or nothing it just like a feeling of well being... Also being a very bad anxiety sufferer it has completely eliminated that. I am more talkitive. More laidback also. I use to use pre workouts ALOT. Soon as i use to run out previous i would just buy a different pre to run again.... I havent took a pre workout in 6 months since tsking Kratom also. I enjoy my workouts alot more just using Kratom.

So a thumbs up for Kratom... I have tried every mood enhancement thier is. Macuna's.. 5-htp.. DMAA.. DMHA.. St Johns Wort.. CBD Oil etc etc Nothing helped.

Another nice addition is Ashwaghanda. Another supplelment i highly rate
Not sure what you mean about not euphoric, that is one of the best parts of kratom. Were you only taking whites?

However, it is definitely one of the most powerful mood enhancers available.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sure is! To me it is quite clear that Kratom is the supplement of choice here for OP. He is looking for mood enhancement and a sense of well being. This is exactly what Kratom offers and it does it exceptionally well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All I would say is to add agmatine to your daily kratom intake. There is a slight withdrawal and agmatine makes it so much easier.

Edit- I do want to say that I agree with those saying not to rely on any supplement to mask things long term. Everyone has to grieve, whatever the loss, it is part of the healing process. I find that when I am sad, mad, dealing with things in general, a good cardio sweat is amazing. I can't lift because my mind is not where it needs to be, but a mindless hard bike ride, HIIT, hitting the bag, etc.. raises the endorphins and makes me feel great for hours.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dealing with some nonsense at work.....5htp really helps me with mood

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tiantepine Sulfate (better than sodium) lasts longer and Genius joy is an expensive product but a pretty label

SteaknTaters

SteaknTaters

Awards
Sure is! To me it is quite clear that Kratom is the supplement of choice here for OP. He is looking for mood enhancement and a sense of well being. This is exactly what Kratom offers and it does it exceptionally well.
Kratom works but it can get addictive. Not physically, I would say psychologically.

Lot of good feedback in this thread.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kratom works but it can get addictive. Not physically, I would say psychologically.

Lot of good feedback in this thread.
You would be wrong lol... sorry I don't mean to be such an ass . It absolutely is physically addictive as it hits the mu opioid receptors. Well yes a lot of it is psychological and it's nothing like synthetic opioids it does have a potential for abuse and withdrawal. Along with phenibut and tianeptine. With all things moderation is the key.

Of course you don't want to rely on anything as the answer to change your feelings. But what I find is that these things can help you through hard times as a form of support not the solution. Along with a lot of the things mentioned.... Grieving, feeling the loss, staying connected and not isolating and having relationships. Of course don't stop living there's always another chapter right around the corner.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Millennium Sports has something called Shred-Ultra. It has Pea (Phenylethylamine HCL), Theobromine for mood. It has has some balancing ingredients like Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), American Ginseng, Panax Ginseng, Siberian Eleuthero, Pantothenic Acid, along with a mild fat burners like Raspberry Ketones

Phenibut needs to be limited to 1-2 times a week max.

Id recommend meditation, that has helped me further than any supplement

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For mood enhancement, caffeine + tyrosine + KSM-66 works well

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Another vote for phenibut xt (occasionally) and ashwaghanda daily (KSM-66)

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vicaine and kratom were the two that helped me the most with mood.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nope. However, I did make the mistake of combining low doses of tianeptine sulfate and kratom. Was nauseous the rest of the day.
Too much of either makes me nauseated ha.

I’ve mixed vicaine (pm) and weed and that’s a damn good relaxation mix

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Too much of either makes me nauseated ha.

I’ve mixed vicaine (pm) and weed and that’s a damn good relaxation mix
Vicaine pm and phenibut

Only rarely though lol it's beyond feeling relaxed

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Vicaine pm and phenibut

Only rarely though lol it's beyond feeling relaxed
Haven’t mixed those two yet... sounds like tomorrow’s experiment ha

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did you even read the OP? Also, testosterone isn’t a supplement.
if it were I wouldn't be able to afford it, price would probably quadruple, lol---at least!!!

incredible how expensive supps have become:guilty:

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trt, test replacement tharepy, is now prescribed by doctors. I would get a blood test and see what all your levels are. A small dose of test would be a great mood enchantment

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trt, test replacement tharepy, is now prescribed by doctors. I would get a blood test and see what all your levels are. A small dose of test would be a great mood enchantment
Not a supplement. Did you even read the OP? It seems that he’s down because he just got out of a long term relationship. It stands to reason that this is the cause of his mood issues, not low-T. Read the OP before giving advice please.

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even though these guys here have a bug up their ass about my comments. Id get the blood test

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even though these guys here have a bug up their ass about my comments. Id get the blood test
It’s never a bad idea to know your levels, but come on, are you really suggesting that he spontaneously developed low-T, negatively impacting his mood, at the same time as his long-term relationship ended?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
My T is on the lower side of things but this is totally love-related, sorry to be so beta hahaha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My T is on the lower side of things but this is totally love-related, sorry to be so beta hahaha
Nothing wrong with having feelings man. Out of curiosity, do you have any philosophical and/or theological beliefs/views? Sometimes these sort of things can help people find meaning and handle adversity.

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id talk to your doctor. See if test is best. It changes your mind set, gives motivation, hypes you up, elevates your mood, etc.....

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id talk to your doctor. See if test is best. It changes your mind set, gives motivation, hypes you up, elevates your mood, etc.....
You're a persistent one, eh? Did you not read a single thing OP has said?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You've got some good answers. Not the "Low T Guy" but mostly good answers for temporary feel goods.

Something to add on to supplementation:

1. Did you give anything up while in that relationship? Take it up again.
2. Talk Therapy - Go see a doctor who specializes in talk therapy
3. Save up for an adventure trip for example, but an experience, or tap into a side you've meant to develop but thought there was no time. Artistic; Photographic and then go do it.

An end to a relationship is the beginning of another one, with yourself.