Bitter melon timing

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
About a year ago I used bitter melon extract for about four months, dosing 1 cap pre-workout and another with my third meal of the day. Anecdotally I felt that the cap pre-workout boosted my workouts. More often than not I work out in a fasted state, albeit with that probably disrupted by the sucralose in my pre and intra workouts. I'd reasoned that seeing as I was in a fasted state the insulin controling effect of the bitter melon extract would help to increase the growth hormone production of my workout, whilst aiding fatty acid liberation which would provide more ATP and aid fat loss.
Now however, I'm wondering whether the glucose partitioning effect of the bitter melon extract would actually lead to a net reduction in available ATP and inhibit the conversion of glycogen into available carbohydrates.

What have you guys experienced from dosing bitter melon extract pre-workout? Or what would you say the science would suggest would happen?

As I said, anecdotally I've felt that dosing pre-workout helps my workouts however I'd like to hear what others have to say to separate out any placebo effect I may have experienced. Even though tbh in my experience the placebo effect doesn't affect me much with supplementation

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I honestly think that it depends on the intensity of the session and whether or not you are using mct or exogenous ketones.