Multivitamin-What do you use?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Right now I’m using Seeking Health Optimal Multivitamin Plus which seems to be working somewhat well. I’m super sensitive to all the vitamin B’s, and when Methyl-B12 is too high, I get flushed and histamine goes way up. When b6 is too high, it feels like a stimulant. So, just wondering what you use so I can compare and contrast and hopefully find one that really works well for me. I’ve tested negative for the two most common mthfr mutations, but I still feel better using the methyl- forms or activated forms of each vitamin.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you considered doing more of an a la carte thing and avoiding a multi? It's more of a hassle, but easier to customize to what your actual needs are.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My organics Men’s Multi from Garden of Life is what I use

vic21234

Awards
I use Beverly Super Pak. The B vitamins in it are rather high though.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There are custom multivitamins out there as well where you can choose what they do and don't include. Probably not cheap, but they're an option as well.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm with Aleksandar on this. A la carte or custom, especially due to the issues you have and how likely it is that a multi has high dosed b vitamins

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Im an Orange Triad guy, but as mentioned above, due to your requirements it may be far more necessary to go with a custom blend vs a mass porduced version.

kadimcelik

kadimcelik

Awards
It is difficult to buy a good multivitamin in my country. Best multivitamin I can reach is animal pak which is imported without full ingredients.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It is difficult to buy a good multivitamin in my country. Best multivitamin I can reach is animal pak which is imported without full ingredients.
Where are you located at?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Right now I’m using Seeking Health Optimal Multivitamin Plus which seems to be working somewhat well. I’m super sensitive to all the vitamin B’s, and when Methyl-B12 is too high, I get flushed and histamine goes way up. When b6 is too high, it feels like a stimulant. So, just wondering what you use so I can compare and contrast and hopefully find one that really works well for me. I’ve tested negative for the two most common mthfr mutations, but I still feel better using the methyl- forms or activated forms of each vitamin.
Are you deficient in any specific vitamin? I think that multi's are wise if you have deficiencies, but if you eat a balanced diet and you're healthy I don't see a high priority need to take a multivitamin. I personally don't take one.

I would check with your doc and see if there are any specific vitamins you are in need of, and either adjust your diet or supplement specifically for your needs.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I use Gaspari Anavite. Specifically the powdered version as of late.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have stuck to orange triad personally.

Swolebooty

Swolebooty

Awards
I use Magnum “Prime” packs. All of the capsules can be opened up to throw in a shake, if you don’t want to swallow anymore pills. The omegas are the only ones you can’t...obviously. And no “repeating “ like some vitamins do.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’d love to try orange triad but can’t find it in eu and there so damn heavy the shipping costs from us aren’t worth it. I’ve been using myprotein Alpha men for years, I find animal paks ridiculously expensive so I ain’t going there....

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive moved away from multis and now use greens products instead. Only vitamins I use are Vit D, zinc, and biotin (hair loss)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you have issues, I would get a basic multi and then piece meal the rest. I add plenty of nutrients to my daily intake that aid in different areas.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not using anything resulted in horrible histamine intolerance symptoms. Half dosing Seeking Health Optimal Multivitamin (not the Plus version) seems to be doing me well now.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bringing this back up:
Do y’all break up your multivitamin dose over the course of the day (for example, NOW’s Adam is 3 caps, 1 with each meal) or take it all at breakfast or however?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bringing this back up:
Do y’all break up your multivitamin dose over the course of the day (for example, NOW’s Adam is 3 caps, 1 with each meal) or take it all at breakfast or however?
I do not spread vitamins out over time. I have been running Juggernaut Labz multi.

IMG_1230.JPG

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bringing this back up:
I dose half with breakfast and half with dinner

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t. When I did, I used life force. But I’ve tried, Adam, animal pack and orange triad. Never felt like a multi made any difference. And they’ve been studied... most miss on the label claims, and they typically absorb so poorly they’re not even worth the time.