Ursolic acid Vs other natural anabolics

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm thinking about trying 'Prototype Nutrition UR Spray'. Has anyone tried this or another source of ursolic acid?
What did you notice and what did you think?
Could you compare this with any other natural anabolics you've tried, say follidrone, laxogenin, epicatechin?

Thanks in advance

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have not but in to see what others have to say about this....

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
(-)-epicatechin is a main ingredient in Follidrone 2.0 but backed up by it's delivery package, without which it would be like other imitators on the marketplace. It's not the same really unless is FD2 because it offers much more than just (-)-epicatechin so I would think it place after the FD2.

• Ecklonia Cava extract
  • (-)-epicatechin
  • Flos Carthami extract
  • Citrus bioflavanoids/Naringenin/Tangeretin
  • Quescetin-Niacin co crystals
  • Octyl Gallate
Epicatechin alone isn't going to do what FD2 can, which is more of a recomposition than bulk. There's a new Natural Anabolic out.

This brings me to VECTOR. The newest and exciting Natural Anabolic.

For reference,what's inside
180 caps, 6 caps daily

• Promotes Muscle Growth*
  • Helps Increase Protein Synthesis*
  • Helps Prevent Muscle Loss While Dieting*
  • Helps Increase Hunger*
  • Helps Boost Libido*
  • Helps Improve Metabolism*
  • Helps Increase Gym Aggression*
  • Helps Increase IGF-1 Levels*
  • Helps Improve Muscle Recovery*
  • Helps Increase Strength*
  • Helps Increase Muscle Endurance*
  • Helps Increase Testosterone*
  • No On Cycle or PCT Required*
Eriobotrya Japonica: The Eriobotrya Japonica (EJ) plant itself contains a host of interesting natural anabolic ingredients that are beneficial to those looking to build muscle, burn fat, and increase athletic performance. Some of the most well known chemical constituents are Epicatechin, Ursolic Acid, Tormenic Acid, and Ellagic Acid. Studies indicate EJ Increases the expression of myogenic genes MyoD, Myogenin and MyHC. This increased expression corresponds with an increase in the activity of Creatine Kinase a myogenic differentiation marker. Finally EJ activates the AKT/mTOR pathway and subsequently promotes muscle protein synthesis and gains in lean muscle mass. In studies EJ was shown to prevent muscle atrophy and increase muscle hypertrophy making it also ideal to use while in a caloric deficit in order preserve muscle mass. The key to the success of this ingredient is the extraction process and the dosage which is why you will notice there is 1000 milligrams with 100:1 extract.

Korean Mistletoe: Korean Mistletoe (KME) has been shown to have anti-tumor, immunostimulatory, anti-diabetic, and anti-obesity properties. Of interest to us as athletes KME has been reported to increase strength, muscle mass and improve overall exercise capacity. In studies it has been shown to regulate gene expression related to muscle atrophy (muscle breakdown) and muscle hypertrophy (muscle growth) and improve endurance by stimulating mitochondrial activity.

Rehmannaie Radix: The key active component here is the iridoid glycosides, Catalpol. Catalpol can be referred to as natural gene doping as it has effects on erythropoietin (EPO), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), insulin-like growth factor type 1 (IGF-1), myostatin antagonists, and endorphin. Erythropoietin (EPO) increases red blood cells which in turn carries more oxygen to muscles. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a major regulator of blood vessel formation during development and in the adult organism. VEGF promotes the growth of myogenic fibers and protects the myogenic cells from apoptosis in vitro and prompt a therapeutic use for VEGF gene transfer in a variety of muscular disorders. VEGF also increases angiogenesis and blood flow to muscles. Catalpol helps to increase IGF-1 levels by preventing the suppression in IGF-1 levels associated with rises in blood sugar.

--
Maybe someone currently logging VECTOR or has used FD2 and Laxogenin could draw a comparison between them.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had a buddy that was a power lifter that said ur spray was the best supplement he had ever tried. Even over creatine. I ordered some and they sent me the 7 spray or whatever it is (7keto?) and I didnt want to hassle with returning it . That stuff worked but not really natural

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve use premium powders ursolic acid and really didn’t get much from it. I would go with a formula.

Canuckguy

Awards
I tried E-pharm's Ursobolic and was able to lose a fair bit of fat, but I was mega dosing it.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vector has about 400mg+ of Ursolic acid on average based on the large percentage in multiple ingredients.
If you follow or just read through some of the Vector threads in our subforum youll see people are raving about the power of Vector.
Im convinced Ursolic plays a role here. Yes its not terribly bioavailable but eat enough and things start to happen.
Plus Vector has dozens of other actives that make it hands down the strongest stuff out there at the moment.

3 Ingredients in Vector-
https://www.blacklionresearch.com/single-post/2018/02/06/VECTOR-ingredient-1-data-ERIOBOTRYA-J
https://www.blacklionresearch.com/single-post/2018/02/24/VECTOR-ingredient-2-Data
https://www.blacklionresearch.com/single-post/2018/03/03/VECTOR-ingredient-3-Rehmannaie-Radix-extract

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/black-lion-research/299585-vector-pre-release-82.html

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah interested in urosbolic acid, any recommendations? On vector currently

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a buddy that was a power lifter that said ur spray was the best supplement he had ever tried. Even over creatine. I ordered some and they sent me the 7 spray or whatever it is (7keto?) and I didnt want to hassle with returning it . That stuff worked but not really natural
Evomuse has it in its new TD anabolic.

The formula looks pretty awesome.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
brundel I’m aware of vector and started my first bottle yesterday and am excited to see what happens!
I’d forgotten that vector contains Ursolic acid when I started this thread. Is there an upper limit to how much ursolic acid a person should take? If not, given it’s limited bioavailability I’m considering getting another source of ursolic acid to augment my second bottle of vector and compare and contrast the efficacy

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
brundel I’m aware of vector and started my first bottle yesterday and am excited to see what happens!
I’d forgotten that vector contains Ursolic acid when I started this thread. Is there an upper limit to how much ursolic acid a person should take? If not, given it’s limited bioavailability I’m considering getting another source of ursolic acid to augment my second bottle of vector and compare and contrast the efficacy
I would think adding Hydra Head 6 at full dose would compliment Vector well

Jobu777

Awards
Just so,everyine is aware - Due to the potent endothelial cell death-inducing activity of UA, a systemic application of UA in the treatment of heart diseases seems unfavorable. The DNA damaging activity of UA may, however, constitute a serious problem.

Canuckguy

Awards
What was the recommended intake and what were you taking?
The recommended intake on the bottle is 3 per serving. I was taking 18 a day....(9 in the morning and 9 at night). You get 120 capsules in a bottle, so I got 6 bottles and that lasted me 40 days. I had a pre-diabetic condition, and it helped get my blood sugar level condition under control. I didn't keep track of weight loss, but I got lots of positive comments at work. I also got my waist line down to 32 inches, which is harder to do as you get older. This is at close to age 50.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just so,everyine is aware - Due to the potent endothelial cell death-inducing activity of UA, a systemic application of UA in the treatment of heart diseases seems unfavorable. The DNA damaging activity of UA may, however, constitute a serious problem.
Can you elaborate on this and also more in layman’s terms. Intrigued by this post but don’t really understand it.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21703625

I've read a bit beyond the abstract you are quoting, but please in the future, reference whom you are quoting.

UA has been intensively studied in the past; mainly as an anti-cancer compound and for its cardiovascular protective properties. The controversy of reports suggests anti-angiogenic and cytotoxic effects of UA on one side and cardiovascular and endothelial protective effects on the other side. Currently, there is insufficient evidence to recommend an ideal human dose. Animal studies suggest benefit use between 0.05–0.2% of the rat diet as UA. Assuming a range of 10–40 mg/kg bodyweight, the benefits in rat studies associated with UA are about equal to a human dose of 1.6–6.4 mg/kg bodyweight (110–440 mg for a 150 lb person).

The side effects of UA from mainly include two aspects: male fertility and DNA damage. Previous study has revealed that UA has the potential of sperm motility inhibition and can serve as a topical vaginal contraceptive [24], [25]. Specifically, it causes breaking of bridges in between cells that are soon to be sperm, and the damaged cells then collect to form symplasts in the seminiferous tubules that are associated with male infertility. UA as an anti-angiogenesis, anti-cancer and locally applied cardiovascular drug may be helpful. However, the DNA damaging activity of UA may also constitute a serious problem. UA was able to induce cell death in endothelial cells when the concentration exceeded 12.5 µM [26].

One apple peel is the equivalent to about 50mg's of UA.

To quote Patrick Arnold on the topic.

"As for the DNA-damage aspect... well... There is also an in-vitro study called "Protective effects of Ursolic acid and Luteolin against oxidative DNA damage include enhancement of DNA repair in Caco-2 cells" which claims that UA can increase the rate of DNA repair & prevent oxidative DNA damage. Another in-vitro study, "Antigenotoxic effects of quercetin, rutin and ursolic acid on HepG2 cells," claims that UA can prevent tert-butyl hydroperoxide-induced DNA damage. The abstract even goes as far as to state that this "may help explain the lower cancer incidence in human population with high dietary intakes of fruits and vegetables." There are a couple other studies which also claim to have observed a protective effect, or that UA can increase the rate of DNA repair. Anyway, I think the jury's still out... As far as I know, none of these effects have been looked for or observed in vivo, in living humans"

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Before UA
IMG_9660.jpg

After UA
IMG_9652.jpg

No but seriously I contribute a lot of my physique change to UA. Did a nice slow cut. Have been using UA daily for about a year. Always have great pumps in the gym. It’s a staple for me now

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't seen any reason you can't add more. Combined with the UA in Vector and it's other chemical constituents it should be pretty awesome.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I disagree with this position. Evidence seems contrary to this.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also notice in the study above they mentioned average human dose range between 110 and 440 for 150lb human. According to this there is plenty in Vector already. Doesn't mean you can't take more of course. And some sources seem to indicate higher doses. But 400+ is about where we are with Vector.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
UA not only has horrible oral bioavailability but also it’s not soluable. UR spray is the only route I’d go for ursolic acid. That being said it’s one of my favorite natty products. But it’s expensive.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
UA not only has horrible oral bioavailability but also it’s not soluable. UR spray is the only route I’d go for ursolic acid. That being said it’s one of my favorite natty products. But it’s expensive.
This is why I'm looking forwards to Matt's new product, as it's a TD and contains UA.

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
Is there any way to make a home-made improvement to ursolic acid bioavailability? Mix with lecithin and/or add bioperine perhaps?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is there any way to make a home-made improvement to ursolic acid bioavailability? Mix with lecithin and/or add bioperine perhaps?
Prototype Nutrition did a limited run on UR tabs years ago but was too expensive to keep production up. I forget what he did to make it bioavailable but I’m sure it’s somewhere on the Internet

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Prototype Nutrition did a limited run on UR tabs years ago but was too expensive to keep production up. I forget what he did to make it bioavailable but I’m sure it’s somewhere on the Internet
He created arginine ursolic acetate which solved the solubility and bioavailability issues. UR-Spray isn’t just ursolic acid with an transdermal formula like most companies will do. It’s arginine ursolic acetate as well