How does Nutrient Partioning work?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Morning Guys

I have been trying to figure out how Nutrient Partition actually is achieved?

Say you take Agmatine for example.... When supplemented how does it physically achieve nutrients being diverted to muscle cells? Does it activate the insulin receptors on the actual muscle cells themself? A bit like when you train say.. Tri's and Chest and those muscle are more prone to accepting nutrients due to the fact thier want to repair quickly?

Just very interested in how its all achieved?

I know this is a very well disliked substance but.... Nicotine seems to get a good rep for causing Nutrient Partitioning... I know its highly addictive but just wondered it mechanism is how it can achieve this? Not advising anyone supplement it.

Just to pickle some brains into seeing if anyone knew how it was done?

Thanks!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’ve posted before on nutrient partitioning, GDA’s, and Agmatine so I’ll just copy and paste and hopefully you find it a bit insightful. :)

Nutrient partitioning supplements are generally refered to as GDA's (although this is incorrect), or glucose disposal agents. The idea is that it's going to clear glucose out of our system without a rise in insulin.

Nutrient partitioning is the idea that you can increase muscle tissue insulin sensitivity and "drive" nutrients into these cells vs adipose tissue. It's sort of a tough subject, as there isn't much literature out there to support this. Potentially, this category of supplements may in fact increase insulin sensitivity in both fat and muscle cells.

B-endorphin release may assist in an increase in glucose uptake within skeletal muscle. Agmatine, via its potential effects on enhancing beta-endorphin secretion, may act as a selective nutrient partitioner.

In regards to Nicotine, I wouldn’t call that a supplement, so I’ll leave that bit alone.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nutrient Partitioners work in different ways. For example NA-R-ALA works by stimulating Glut-4 receptors in muscle tissues which then fill with glucose. Where-as Banaba (Corosolic Acid) works by acting as insulin, therefore reducing the amount your pancreas has to produce.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Some increase whole body insulin sensitivity, others are a bit more selective in stimulating glut 4 translocation in muscle cells. Some ingredients drive glycogen synthesis and some drive insulin production. Some work via insulin dependent pathways and others through non insulin dependent pathways.

Some even protect islet cells.

Gymnema also acts as glucose and can fill receptor sites on the tongue to reduce sugar cravings

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve posted before on nutrient partitioning, GDA’s, and Agmatine so I’ll just copy and paste and hopefully you find it a bit insightful. :)

Nutrient partitioning supplements are generally refered to as GDA's (although this is incorrect), or glucose disposal agents. The idea is that it's going to clear glucose out of our system without a rise in insulin.

Nutrient partitioning is the idea that you can increase muscle tissue insulin sensitivity and "drive" nutrients into these cells vs adipose tissue. It's sort of a tough subject, as there isn't much literature out there to support this. Potentially, this category of supplements may in fact increase insulin sensitivity in both fat and muscle cells.

B-endorphin release may assist in an increase in glucose uptake within skeletal muscle. Agmatine, via its potential effects on enhancing beta-endorphin secretion, may act as a selective nutrient partitioner.

In regards to Nicotine, I wouldn’t call that a supplement, so I’ll leave that bit alone.
Well thats a bit rich to say the least...

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's a good brand for berberine? I googled and all is brands I never heard of. I think EA has it in one of their products but I'm just interested in berberine as a stand alone.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What's a good brand for berberine? I googled and all is brands I never heard of. I think EA has it in one of their products but I'm just interested in berberine as a stand alone.
It shouldn’t matter too much if it’s Berberine HCI. Thorne is typically good. I’m not sure if Doctor’s Best makes Berberine but that would be another option