Air Force approved stack?

Gore

Awards
I'm just kind of shotgunning this question out there...but I'm doing a drastic change in my training due to getting ready to join the military (Air Force in particular, perhaps Air Nat Guard).

While I have a lot of experience in training, and supps, I have never been forced to research ones that are approved by the military, and my hope is that you can help me.

I am 37, and my joints are starting to feel it. I already take Orange Triad and D3...and everything else is going to be a blank slate. I don't want to take any "gray area" ph's, or something banned that "they most likely won't test for." I want to go 100% legit.

I'm thinking something extra for joints, in addition to OT, something for endurance training....aminos perhaps, energy? Well-being? I'm open to valid suggestions.

Help if you can, thanks

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For overall health and joints, a good fish oil would help you out.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm just kind of shotgunning this question out there...but I'm doing a drastic change in my training due to getting ready to join the military (Air Force in particular, perhaps Air Nat Guard).

While I have a lot of experience in training, and supps, I have never been forced to research ones that are approved by the military, and my hope is that you can help me.

I am 37, and my joints are starting to feel it. I already take Orange Triad and D3...and everything else is going to be a blank slate. I don't want to take any "gray area" ph's, or something banned that "they most likely won't test for." I want to go 100% legit.

I'm thinking something extra for joints, in addition to OT, something for endurance training....aminos perhaps, energy? Well-being? I'm open to valid suggestions.

Help if you can, thanks
Lot of great supplements out there, but for joints I highly suggest you check out the feedback on Joyful Joints. It has worked wonders for me.

https://www.strongsupplementshop.com/joyful-joints-by-vl

carsonkeelor

carsonkeelor

Awards

Help if you can, thanks
Mk-677 or Mk-2866, neither of which are on their radar. Mk-677 is growth hormone after all... not sure what’s better than that lmao.

sarge40

Awards
Just keep in mind that you won't have access to supplements while in basic training. Don't become dependent on anything prior to basic.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Joint Support xt works wonders for your joints and would not be an issue with the military. We have a trial size bottle you can buy and i can guarantee you will see results in that short period
I can vouch for joint support xt!!!

Gore

Awards
Just keep in mind that you won't have access to supplements while in basic training. Don't become dependent on anything prior to basic.
This...you hit the nail on the head as to why I'm trying to go minimalist/ legit.

I'll be in OTS, and they even restrict caffeine for a few weeks I've heard. It's why I'm giving up pre's as well. I have heard of people using aminos in their camel packs though.

Gore

Awards
Joint Support xt works wonders for your joints and would not be an issue with the military. We have a trial size bottle you can buy and i can guarantee you will see results in that short period
Forgive me for having to ask, but who is "we"?...can you perhaps link me to your site? I'd like to try it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Forgive me for having to ask, but who is "we"?...can you perhaps link me to your site? I'd like to try it
mw1

Gore

Awards
There’s quite the things that are banned. Of course any exogenous hormones, like AAS, or SARMs, Arimistane is banned, MK-677 is supposed to be banned to. This link should do you good.
https://www.opss.org/prohibited-department-defense
Yeah...I'm staying way from SARMS as well...like I said, I don't want any gray area supps, or something that isn't banned yet, but that common sense says will be soon.

I'm not trying to play the "stay ahead of the radar" game since from what I've seen it's a 1 and done scenario.

Gore

Awards
I've decided to give Joint Support XT a try 1st, since the ingredients don't just seem like a duplicate of the OT mix.

I am still interested in a BCAA supp though for energy...caffeine free if it exists.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've decided to give Joint Support XT a try 1st, since the ingredients don't just seem like a duplicate of the OT mix.

I am still interested in a BCAA supp though for energy...caffeine free if it exists.
joint support xt is good stuff, I've used it several times since it came out....ton's of non-stim bcaa products out there, xtend is a good one.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah...I'm staying way from SARMS as well...like I said, I don't want any gray area supps, or something that isn't banned yet, but that common sense says will be soon.

I'm not trying to play the "stay ahead of the radar" game since from what I've seen it's a 1 and done scenario.
Actually it kinda makes me mad. Yesterday I asked if I could take a SARM. OSI said no, and the chief medical guy on base also. Even though the DEA hasn’t done anything to control them yet. According to AFI blah blah I can’t take.

sarge40

Awards
The military isn't constrained by what is scheduled under the Controlled Substances Act, or other banned substances. If they wanted to ban sucralose while you are in, guess what, it's banned while you are in. They can, and do, regulate your conduct beyond what is legal or otherwise permissible on the civilian side.

I'm a little surprised what Gore said about guys putting aminos in their camelbacks during training. Even in OCS, we didn't have any access to anything beyond what they provided to us (to include information about what was happening in the real world). Water came out of the water buffalos. Food from the chow hall. We were cut off from the real world and had no access to ANY supplement. That was USMC OCS. Maybe USAF OTS is more permissive? Post-commission, you can get away with that, but I can't see it being done during any basic training.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This...you hit the nail on the head as to why I'm trying to go minimalist/ legit.

I'll be in OTS, and they even restrict caffeine for a few weeks I've heard. It's why I'm giving up pre's as well. I have heard of people using aminos in their camel packs though.
Going to Lackland AFB? At 37, wow, good luck! Went through when I was 19, am now 38. The last drug tests I took were in early 2003, as I enlisted 1999 we're focused on narcotics. No one was looking for PEDs then. Probably still don't test for them?

Funny story, After basic in 1999, where I got honor grad, and a DI called me out to drill-march for new OTS candidates my graduation day in basic... I then transferred to long tech school for sat-comm at Ft. Gordon near Augusta. My roommate, Crazen, got hauled off in an orange jumpsuit 6 of 9 months into long two part tech school.

All because he hid alcohol in his wall locker when they ran drug dogs through at 3am randomly. Twice he was caught this way. Everyone knew rules of, off-base, off-duty, of age - to drink. Be back in formation or in barrack curfew on time too. My former tech school roomie wrote a letter back about to our sat-comm class about how hard military prison is on him because he could not keep the alcohol out of barracks.

Ironically, I was going off base lifting regularly for my first time at Power House gym in Augusta, after duty days were done. The Big, bad, black owner of the gym ripped me off couple hundred bucks for unknown steroids he never delivered in '99 - after selling me on them. I was hella naieve and glad I waited til now, research and studied, and chose my own correct Anabolic and joint support means. As I made good Natty gains still being natural at 19 then, so steroids was a poor idea anyway to try blindly from that gym owner, me without a clue at 19...would have probably screwed my endocrine system (with no modern cycle support or PCT protocol then).

Also, Ft. Gordon had a GNC on base and they actually carried early Andro PH then, before all the DASCA bans... so it was not uncommon for guys to have protein, aminos, supplements in tech school- after basic or OTS.

Stay clean in boot, they will give you 600mg strong ibuprofen if you get shinplints running, etc. In OTS, (by the way OTS seemed like mini boot to me) officers then had more academic and less drill work, and only 6 weeks OTS weeks versus 9 weeks long for enlisted. At age 37 this may help, lol.

After OTS, stick advice for SARMs and Mk-677 given above, they are not being tested for unless you are an Olympian. If you move off base eventually, you can increase your PED choices. In tech school, there's still morning PT, work, then lifting after duty day is done. It's tough, but military chowhalls and shakes got the job done.

Last funny bit, I walked into JAG lawyer office at Ft. Gordon, right before leaving tech school, asking to see if they could help my friend (me) to get this gym owner for ripping me off. JAG was kind, i did not admit it was me, and did not return to JAG. I realized to get the gym owner I would have had to admit attempt to buy roids - also might put me in an orange jumpsuit.

Gore

Awards
The military isn't constrained by what is scheduled under the Controlled Substances Act, or other banned substances. If they wanted to ban sucralose while you are in, guess what, it's banned while you are in. They can, and do, regulate your conduct beyond what is legal or otherwise permissible on the civilian side.

I'm a little surprised what Gore said about guys putting aminos in their camelbacks during training. Even in OCS, we didn't have any access to anything beyond what they provided to us (to include information about what was happening in the real world). Water came out of the water buffalos. Food from the chow hall. We were cut off from the real world and had no access to ANY supplement. That was USMC OCS. Maybe USAF OTS is more permissive? Post-commission, you can get away with that, but I can't see it being done during any basic training.
It surprised me too, but I was watching a YouTube video (several actually, trying to wrap my head around all of this) and the guy was talking about his camelpack and how he was using aminos....mostly relative to keeping it clean. It was AF OTS.

Gore

Awards
Going to Lackland AFB? At 37, wow, good luck! Went through when I was 19, am now 38. The last drug tests I took were in early 2003, as I enlisted 1999 we're focused on narcotics. No one was looking for PEDs then. Probably still don't test for them?

Funny story, After basic, where I got honor grad and a DI called me out to drill-march for new OTS candidates my last week in basic... I then transferred to long tech school for sat-comm at Ft. Gordon near Augusta. My roommate, Crazen, got hauled off in an orange jumpsuit 6 of 9 months into long two part tech school.

All because he hid alcohol in his wall locker when they ran drug dogs through at 3am randomly. Twice he was caught this way. Everyone knew rules of, off-base, off-duty, of age - to drink. Be back in formation or in barrack curfew on time too. My former tech school roomie wrote a letter back about to our sat-comm class about how hard military prison is on him because he could not keep the alcohol out of barracks.

Ironically, I was going off base lifting regularly for my first time at Power House gym in Augusta, after duty days were done. The Big, bad, black owner of the gym ripped me off couple hundred bucks for unknown steroids he never delivered - after selling me on them. I was hella naieve and glad I waited til now, research and studied, and chose my own correct Anabolic and joint support means. As I made good Natty gains still being natural at 19 then, but roids was a poor idea anyway to try blindly from that gym owner, me without a clue at 19...would have probably screwed my endocrine system (with no modern cycle support or PCT protocol then).

Also, Ft. Gordon had a GNC on base and they actually carried early Andro PH then, before all the DASCA bans... so it was not uncommon for guys to have supplements in tech school, after basic or OTS.

Stay clean in boot, they will give you 600mg strong ibuprofen if you get shinplints running, etc. In OTS, (by the way OTS seemed like mini boot to me) officers then had more academic and less drill work, and only 6 weeks OTS weeks versus 9 weeks long for enlisted. At age 37 this may help, lol.

After OTS, stick advice for SARMs and Mk-677 given above, they are not being tested for unless you are an Olympian. If you move off base eventually, you can increase your PED choices to maybe include some IM injectable oils (perhaps too risky). In tech school, there's still morning PT, work, then lifting after duty day is done. It's tough, but military chowhalls and shakes got the job done.

Last funny bit, I walked into JAG lawyer office at Ft. Gordon, right before leaving tech school, asking to see if they could help my friend (me) to get this gym owner for ripping me off. JAG was kind, i did not admit it was me, and did not return to JAG. I realized to get the gym owner I would have had to admit attempt to buy roids - also might put me in an orange jumpsuit.

Long and short, after basic OTS is done, also once residimg in a dorm in tech school or better off base house (without drug dog searches) Then you can have suppz that are not pee tested for and look like something GNC might sel, in your wall locker, and be legit about taking them.
LOL...thanks, at 37 I'll need all of the luck I can get. Luckily it's AF OTS, not Marine enlisted boot camp.

As for your friend...wow. That's either some seriously dumb kid behavior...or that dude was a legit alky. It reminds me of what I keep hearing from my AF buddy. He tells me, "officer life is cut-throat...if you like get arrested...you're done..." at that point I'm thinking "if I get arrested?"...if you're the kind of person that is always on the verge of getting arrested then yeah...it might be tough...but who the Hell lives like that? Answer: your old bud lol.

The only supp that was a gray area which I would be unlikely to be tested for, but that is banned, and that I would want...is kratom. It works wonders for my joints and my neck. After being into mma since 2002 my body has been through the wringer...but at least I know I can get into good cardio shape when I decide to, so I guess there's that.

My family will be living off base also fwiw.

Thanks for your service.

Gore

Awards
For anyone that's still reading I went with the previously mentioned joint support xt, and Scitivation Xtend perform.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For anyone that's still reading I went with the previously mentioned joint support xt, and Scitivation Xtend perform.
good choices!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

sounds a lot like navy basic back in 77.