Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
for some time now ive been hearing that brazil nuts increase testosterone....they aren't cheap, but today I splurged and bought a bag-5oz was close to $10, but I read that 2 twice a day is all that is needed.

I will update this in about a week.

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe it has to do with the selenium content. Just don’t eat too many. Worth a shot...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe it has to do with the selenium content. Just don’t eat too many. Worth a shot...
yes...and yes....gonna go with just 2 in morning and 2 at night....also got some garlic.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Every time I buy a “Bag of Nuts” I get a sh*t load of Brazil nuts!
I hate em. I’ll send them all to you bro.

Jk

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every time I buy a “Bag of Nuts” I get a sh*t load of Brazil nuts!
I hate em. I’ll send them all to you bro.

Jk
This is probably cheaper way to get them actually. Plus you get the other kinds as well.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Look online. You may be able to buy in bulk and save some cash. Keep us updated.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So this is the 'brazil nut hate' thread? I'm in. Nasty ****ers. Wait til you get a bad one. It's a game changer. :p

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
haha i actually love brazil butts... er, nuts.

mostly becuase eating one is like a half a meal ha

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to be crazy about Brazil nuts. All that selenium. The commissary sells them with the shell so I would shell the entire bag in one night. I actually started with 28 grams of them(like 2 nuts lol). Then I did that math and eventually lowered from 14 to even 7 I think. Because you also get tons of selenium from the meats that you eat. I know turkey and tuna have a lot.

I stopped cause I honestly didn’t wanna shell them. I may pick up again a and buy bulk shelled online.

It interestingly enough a bit of looking into it revealed selenium reduces AR expression in this study. (Can’t link easy to google)

BUT with the math being done. The human equivalent dosage for selenium in this study, for me, with my most recent weigh in of 80 kgs would be 266Mgs of selenium. 1oz of Brazil nuts contains 546MCG which means .5Mgs of selenium. And this is 774% RDA, so going to a quarter of an oz above like I did before wasn’t bad at all. So If my math is right, you would have to consume 418 oz(26 lbs) of Brazilian nuts to reduce AR gene expression. To go further, idk if that study was a daily thing or over 200 days like it said. With that, 418(oz) x 185(cals in an oz) = 77330(calories) / 200(days) = 385.65 calories of Brazil nuts a day to reach the dose in the study. I don’t think anyone is eating that much.

BTW is 420 am here, and can’t sleep. I may buy in bulk from nuts.com now.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am just sticking to 2 AM/2 PM....also bought some garlic extract[1000 mg] and some beets and kale....what the hell, I might as well go all in-anyone have any other suggestions?

I already eat tuna and salmon each once a week.....

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know it’s controversial... but I’ve had good luck iodine and libido. But, if all your numbers are in range- I’d leave it alone.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know it’s controversial... but I’ve had good luck iodine and libido. But, if all your numbers are in range- I’d leave it alone.

you use iodine because your level is low, or just for libido?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am just sticking to 2 AM/2 PM....also bought some garlic extract[1000 mg] and some beets and kale....what the hell, I might as well go all in-anyone have any other suggestions?

I already eat tuna and salmon each once a week.....
Does taking garlic extract with vit C have the same NO boosting effects has garlic and Vit C?

I know it’s controversial... but I’ve had good luck iodine and libido. But, if all your numbers are in range- I’d leave it alone.[/QUOTE
Idk If it would end up cheaper but maybe look up seaweed for iodine. There’s a seaweed that is a small serving and will grant you 2k% of the RDA.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Does taking garlic extract with vit C have the same NO boosting effects has garlic and Vit C?

I know it’s controversial... but I’ve had good luck iodine and libido. But, if all your numbers are in range- I’d leave it alone.[/QUOTE
Idk If it would end up cheaper but maybe look up seaweed for iodine. There’s a seaweed that is a small serving and will grant you 2k% of the RDA.
I don't know about the garlic extract versus raw garlic....I covered bases by getting a few cloves along with the extract.

I don't know about seaweed????

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you use iodine because your level is low, or just for libido?
To be honest- I haven’t had thyroid tested in years. My numbers were on the low end of normal. The medical guys will tell you to stay away from mega dosing iodine- which is why I only do it once in awhile. But I’ve tried lugol’s on and off for years- and it always causes an uptick in libido.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To be honest- I haven’t had thyroid tested in years. My numbers were on the low end of normal. The medical guys will tell you to stay away from mega dosing iodine- which is why I only do it once in awhile. But I’ve tried lugol’s on and off for years- and it always causes an uptick in libido.
interesting, I've never heard mega dosing iodine for libido before....thanks for the input!!!

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is the site I’m lookin at https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/iodine-foods/

This one is wakame seaweed, it’s on the much lower spectrum in terms of iodine in kelp which is still quite a bit.

This one is Hidaka-Kombu, and has the second highest iodine. But this iodine amount is based off a piece which I think is pretty big, the others are table spoon.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
update:

it's only been a couple of days, but i'm sure load is bigger....it definitely felt more intense.

I am married and don't use condoms, so I have no way of verifying increased load size other than feel!!! in my case 'feel' is what matters, lol....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote