Mucuna pruriens/ L dopa, wake up with headaches?

1. Mucuna pruriens/ L dopa, wake up with headaches?

I have noticed in the past when taking l dopa that I always experience a headache when I wake up the next morning and I can't get it to go away without a tylenol/ibuprofen/caffeine combo. Significant enough that I would want to stay away. Although I am very interested in the positive effects of L dopa. Any idea why I was suffering and would prolactrone work better for me? After reading through I have noticed I have never taken l dopa without b6 included, could that be why? I don't get headaches during the day just the morning after my dose when I wake. Weird.
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS REPRESENTATIVE

2. I think this is a common side effect of dopamine agonism in some people - but I'm not sure why. On the other hand, I wonder if it may be a sort of dopamine withdrawl.

You take exogenous dopamine, your body senses this so it does not release dopamine during sleep because the levels are already elevated from the exogenous dopamine, and then you wake up and your body needs to start producing more dopamine again so your levels tank and you get headaches. Just hypothesizing. Maybe try taking some extra in the morning and/or reducing the dose at night?
    •   

3. don't take it with b6!!!!
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

use code THEBIGT for 25% off

4. I would drop the B6 and decrease the dose and see how that goes. If you still have the headaches then eliminate,.
    http://juggernautsupps.com Code Frey10 .
    Mr. Supps Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com 10% off
    Iconic Formulations and Iron Legion Code Chef

5. Quote Originally Posted by The Express 42 View Post
    I have noticed in the past when taking l dopa that I always experience a headache when I wake up the next morning and I can't get it to go away without a tylenol/ibuprofen/caffeine combo. Significant enough that I would want to stay away. Although I am very interested in the positive effects of L dopa. Any idea why I was suffering and would prolactrone work better for me? After reading through I have noticed I have never taken l dopa without b6 included, could that be why? I don't get headaches during the day just the morning after my dose when I wake. Weird.
    I took Mucuna pruriens/ L dopa 99% for a year. In hindsight I wouldn't recommend it more than a couple months at a time without a break. Cant say i noticed headaches. I know using it with egcg esp high concentrations makes l dopa cross the brain blood barrier and it works better. Too much of this lowers serotonin throwing off the balance of dopamine and serotonin
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMDEC50
    •   

6. B6 gave me bad headaches, blinding ones.

Im not on the b vit bandwaggon, i can see evidence already that its detrimental in mega doses

7. Quote Originally Posted by Toff View Post
    B6 gave me bad headaches, blinding ones.

Im not on the b vit bandwaggon, i can see evidence already that its detrimental in mega doses
    I think if your mega dosing injectable is the only way to do that. More absorption.
    http://juggernautsupps.com Code Frey10 .
    Mr. Supps Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com 10% off
    Iconic Formulations and Iron Legion Code Chef

8. Quote Originally Posted by The Express 42 View Post
    What brand?..because recently I purchased Now Foods L-Dopa and I had to stop a few days in. Negative sides.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Wake up with a Pump and Energy ALL Day W/ GSN NitroNOX Pro
    By KilaCali in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-18-2015, 02:56 AM
  2. Can waking up with sleep lines effect muscle growth?
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
  3. best time to take Mucuna Pruriens (L-dopa) ?
    By DaveMcNaul in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 06:49 PM
  4. Is my Mucuna Pruriens (L-Dopa) standardized too low?
    By Super Saiyan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 01:49 PM
  5. Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 08:07 PM