Non-Stim Appetite Suppressant?

TheGunslinger

Awards
Hi Guys,

Hope you're all doing well.

I took a long break from training after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder to get a handle on it and my meds, started back the training around a year ago but my new medication has increased my appetite 10x.

I drink a gallon or more of water a day, get plenty of fibrous veggies and have supplemented with various fibre supplements and absolutely nothing stops it, I am constantly hungry even after my cheat meals.

Could you guys recommend a solid non-stim appetite suppressor?

I was always into my stims and the favoured ECY/A stack but I haven't touched stims since my diagnosis (not even caffeine) and don't plan on it.

Thanks in advance,
Gunny.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The last few weeks I've been dealing with intense hunger, my Dr thinks it's from a small gallbladder issue/chest hernia. He recommends drinking water in the morning before food and doing almost like a bouncing calve raise if it is a hernia. Not saying you have that.

Also found that tums or rolaids work....but I don't think I've noticed much when it comes to non stim appetite suppression

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi Guys,

I took a long break from training after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder to get a handle on it and my meds, started back the training around a year ago but my new medication has increased my appetite 10x.

I drink a gallon or more of water a day, get plenty of fibrous veggies and have supplemented with various fibre supplements and absolutely nothing stops it, I am constantly hungry even after my cheat meals.

I was always into my stims and the favoured ECY/A stack but I haven't touched stims since my diagnosis (not even caffeine) and don't plan on it.

Thanks in advance,
Gunny.
Not a lot of effective options out there. Make sure you are getting plenty of magnesium and vitamin D. Over time, this will help leptin work better. Too much Vitamin D is theoretically dangerous, but I take 10,000 i.u. per day and I would have little hesitation in running that for 6 months if you haven't been taking much Vitamin D in the past.

Lots of water. Fibers like glucomanon and xanthan gum can be utilized to make things filling. Protein powder, xanthan gum and water/almond milk can make a protein fluff that is low calorie and quite filling.

Capsaicin in higher doses, if you can tolerate it, can reduce appetite.

Of course Epitome is good, but it's not always a super appetite suppressant in everyone...some people will tell you it crushes their appetite though. For other people it may be mild.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance,
Gunny.
What did they put you on

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I know what you're saying about not feeling full after veggies. I deal with the same thing. Could it be a sugar craving? When I eat low carb I get intense sugar craving later in the day. A bit of healthy fat can help. The best solution I've found is an apple with some peanut butter added, not much PB though because the calories add up!

TheGunslinger

Awards
Hi Guys,

I am on an anti depressant, pregablin, quetiapine and valium.

Quite the stack I know, hence my hesitance to supplement.

The issue being my hunger is out of control and its really bringing my mood down which I've had under control for quite some time now.

Thanks for all the replies.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys,

The issue being my hunger is out of control and its really bringing my mood down which I've had under control for quite some time now.

You can discuss this with your doctor and let him know it’s effecting your overall feeling of well being...There are alternatives to seroquel that don’t cause weight gain.

TheGunslinger

Awards
You can discuss this with your doctor and let him know it’s effecting your overall feeling of well being...There are alternatives to seroquel that don’t cause weight gain.
Hi Todd,

I've discussed it both with my Dr and consultant and they aren't willing to adjust my doses or change meds as it took over a year to find the right levels.

I was just wondering if there was anything, stim free, that could help with this ridiculous hunger.

Once again, thanks all.
Gunny

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys,

I’m on quetiapine as well man , hunger drives u crazy doesn’t it I put this to my doc and he changed my med to abliffy (aripriprizole) doesn’t make you sedated and doesn’t make u hungry I just got other sides from it like restless legs and couldn’t get to sleep so I ended up back on quetiapine but low dose

TheGunslinger

Awards
I was on aripriprizole firstly and the only way I can describe it was that it made me feel dead inside.

I had no emotion or feeling toward anyone or anything, it was apathy of the highest degree.

When I started not caring about my family, or if I saw them and so on I decided it was time for a change.

Quetiapine has balanced out my moods, I no longer get the highs whereby I think its a good idea to quit my job and pay the bills with good intentions nor do I get the lows where I want to check out of this world.

Which is AMAZING.

I do however get the most obscene hunger I have ever experienced and like I say, its 24/7.

I realise it could be a lot lot worse (and it has been) and I am an extremely lucky person to have found medication that works for me but at the same time I want to get back in shape and having my hunger like this for the last year or so has slowed my progress significantly.

With all the best intentions in the world I find myself eating extra chicken or beef because protein seems to be the only thing that makes me feel remotely full.

I have ordered some Epitome, its worth a try.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Where can you even get Epitome in the US? And I guess the same goes for the rest of their line. Does anyone know why everyone has been out of stock on some of the more popular ones for a long time? Aka DCP and such. Any info would be appreciated!

RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Options are limited but you are on some serious stuff. I hope that you can find a way to reduce those medications in the future.

What about taking a thyroid supplement such as Fit Throid, it has no stims in it and says that it can curb your appetite. I have not taken it so I cant attest to it. There are also other thyroid supplements just read through them and their ingredients to make sure it has no stims in it and does what you like.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where can you even get Epitome in the US? And I guess the same goes for the rest of their line. Does anyone know why everyone has been out of stock on some of the more popular ones for a long time? Aka DCP and such. Any info would be appreciated!
Epitome is in stock at a few places. DCP is in production and should be done soon.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never found a supplement to really help with my appetite too much. Some fat burners do, but the two things that work best for me are green veggies in large amounts and a chugging a lot of water at once.